+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applications from Jamaica

Wildedd

Aug 12, 2019
Hi guys... Any new approvals?
Applied online on August 2, just got letter of passport request this morning (August 12). I emailed and asked for expedited service when I applied so that explains the approval in 10 days. It's not certain that you actually get it tho

Dreamcamethru

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Applied online on August 2, just got letter of passport request this morning (August 12). I emailed and asked for expedited service when I applied so that explains the approval in 10 days. It's not certain that you actually get it tho
Expedited service? Wow... lol... congrats btw

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
update guys, so I landed in Toronto yesterday, went and registered etc at Centennial, then went to Scarborough Town Centre there is a service Canada located there, got my SIN in a few minutes, opened a BNS account (They gave $1000 credit card) also got a FIDO (Cell) plan, helps to build credit, $45 monthly 6gb data. Got that on a special, can link you to the person who hooked me up. The most difficult part of this was leaving Jamaica. I bought a one way ticket and the ppl at Caribbean Airlines were clueless. After that I came to Pearson, got thru immigration and went to process the actual Study permit, took 15 minutes tops. If you arrive during the week Service Canada is open and you can get SIN easily

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
You know how long it takes after you submit the passport to get it returned? Is there the alternative of just getting the visa in your passport when you're at the Canadian port of entry?
Can't board plane without the stamp (counterfoil) in your passport if you need that Visa

JanJJ

Aug 14, 2019
Hi, can you tell me which email address you sent the expedited request to? If you don't mind telling me as well what exactly you wrote in the email. Thank you.

Wildedd

Aug 12, 2019
Hi, can you tell me which email address you sent the expedited request to? If you don't mind telling me as well what exactly you wrote in the email. Thank you.
I wrote an e-mail to
kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca requesting the expedited service for my study permit application. Essentially I wrote introducing myself, when I applied, my application number and that I would like it in time for the September school year. Because I already had valid biometrics, I told them that as well. That’s basically everything

JanJJ

Aug 14, 2019
I wrote an e-mail to
kingston.immigration@international.gc.ca requesting the expedited service for my study permit application. Essentially I wrote introducing myself, when I applied, my application number and that I would like it in time for the September school year. Because I already had valid biometrics, I told them that as well. That’s basically everything
Thank you so much! How long did it take for you to get back your passport?