+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applications from Jamaica

Wildedd

Aug 12, 2019
Hi guys, just got my biometrics validity correspondence letter, does that mean they are closer to making a final decision on my application.
Yes they are! If you applied online then you should shortly get a letter requesting your passport. That was the instance in my case

JanJJ

Aug 14, 2019
Yes they are! If you applied online then you should shortly get a letter requesting your passport. That was the instance in my case
Hey, did you get your passport back as yet? You submitted it last week right? I'm trying to figure out how long it'll take.

Mel 777

Aug 9, 2019
I am wondering if i am about to be scammed.

My agent applied to Centennial college and upon hearing from them... they say i have to make a disposit before i can get the accepetance letter.

The email that my agent sent to me disappear after 1 day and i cant recall deleting it. I went in my trash and nothing was there. I am very nervous.

Has anyone been asks to deposit money first before they get their letter of acceptance?

Am anxiously waitinv for a response.

scott.2

Jan 28, 2018
I am wondering if i am about to be scammed.

My agent applied to Centennial college and upon hearing from them... they say i have to make a disposit before i can get the accepetance letter.

The email that my agent sent to me disappear after 1 day and i cant recall deleting it. I went in my trash and nothing was there. I am very nervous.

Has anyone been asks to deposit money first before they get their letter of acceptance?

Am anxiously waitinv for a response.
Yes I paid 2300CAD before receiving the letter

Mel 777

Aug 9, 2019
Yes I paid 2300CAD before receiving the letter
Thank you. Also did you get an option to go on the college page to pay your fee through CIBC international? Or what method did you pay by.

Oh... were you given a time frame in which you should deposit the 2300 because i did get any they say i should pay as soon aa possible to hold my space.

scott.2

Jan 28, 2018
Thank you. Also did you get an option to go on the college page to pay your fee through CIBC international? Or what method did you pay by.

Oh... were you given a time frame in which you should deposit the 2300 because i did get any they say i should pay as soon aa possible to hold my space.
I used the CIBC wire transfer option to pay. No time line was given to pay it but I received a letter saying it was to hold my seat and that the funds was advance payment towards my tuition

Haley

Apr 25, 2011
Ok I feel more confident now
You can call the school directly with any queries you have on your application. Using an agent does not mean you have no rights to your info; it just means CIC/school will share your information with them.

Reactions: Mel 777

Haley

Apr 25, 2011
I applied for my brother online since July 18th and nothing yet. He already has bio online. The full six weeks processing time ends next Thursday. Seems it might be longer but either way it's looking like it will be after school starts. Anyone else applied round that time? Thanks

Mel 777

Aug 9, 2019
You can call the school directly with any queries you have on your application. Using an agent does not mean you have no rights to your info; it just means CIC/school will share your information with them.
Yes. I just did that and they confirm the info my agent sent me.

Are you planning on boarding at the school? I dont know what I am going to do yet but I'm looking for the most in expensive option

Haley

Apr 25, 2011
Yes. I just did that and they confirm the info my agent sent me.

Are you planning on boarding at the school? I dont know what I am going
to do yet but I'm looking for the most in expensive option
Hahaha! I am not applying. I've been there and done all these things you guys are doing now. I remember though as it was yesterday. It's really a journey to Canada. Lots has changed since I applied but still lots very much the same. Yes, you should look for the cheapest option that is comfortable safe and convenient for you. It's quite expensive living in Toronto/ Ontario so I never really looked at those schools. I'm more for looking outside Ontario and getting all the benefits of a big city but at a more affordable price in a smaller city. If your ultimate goal is to become a PR some day it does not matter where you study.. at the end of the day you can move anywhere you want to go in Canada.

Reactions: Mel 777