+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit applications from Jamaica

Haley

Apr 25, 2011
Update guys....I received my approval letter today:), thanks all the support. Final question how soon after will I receive my passport.
Awesome! This is fantastic news for you Cindy! I don't know about the time exactly but should be within a week

JanJJ

Aug 14, 2019
I just got my passport request letter :) the VFS website indicates that there will be a fee to submit my passport. Can anybody tell me how much the fee is?

Mel 777

Aug 9, 2019
Hahaha! I am not applying. I've been there and done all these things you guys are doing now. I remember though as it was yesterday. It's really a journey to Canada. Lots has changed since I applied but still lots very much the same. Yes, you should look for the cheapest option that is comfortable safe and convenient for you. It's quite expensive living in Toronto/ Ontario so I never really looked at those schools. I'm more for looking outside Ontario and getting all the benefits of a big city but at a more affordable price in a smaller city. If your ultimate goal is to become a PR some day it does not matter where you study.. at the end of the day you can move anywhere you want to go in Canada.
thank you for this Haley. I was checking out some schools in Manitoba but they are not accepting application for January 2020.

Mel 777

Aug 9, 2019
Update guys....I received my approval letter today:), thanks all the support. Final question how soon after will I receive my passport.
Wonderful congratulations.

Did you submit a SOP or a letter of explanation?

How did you prove that you will return to jamaica. I dont have any children, own any house or land or married so this part giving me a challenge.

Also did you indicate where you will be staying and show proof?

CindyRen

Jul 21, 2019
Wonderful congratulations.

Did you submit a SOP or a letter of explanation?

How did you prove that you will return to jamaica. I dont have any children, own any house or land or married so this part giving me a challenge.

Also did you indicate where you will be staying and show proof?
Thank you Mel, I did submit a letter of intent, stating essentially why I want to study in Canada and how would the particular course benefit me. Also I made mention of returning back to Jamaica, in relation to what I will be studying (Hospitality Management). How getting an internationally recognized diploma from a first world country would improve my chances of landing a job in the Tourism and Hospitality field in my home country. You will have to type a very convincing letter of intent, while expressing your passion, for your choice of program to study in Canada. It helps greatly if you have sponsors or your own cash to cover your first year tuition, along with $CAD10000 for living expenses. I also got references from previous employers, schools attended and from friends and family. I did not indicate where I would be staying. You can also use an agent/immigration consultant to apply on your behalf. Hope this will aid you in some ways.

Reactions: Mel 777

Mel 777

Aug 9, 2019
Thank you Mel, I did submit a letter of intent, stating essentially why I want to study in Canada and how would the particular course benefit me. Also I made mention of returning back to Jamaica, in relation to what I will be studying (Hospitality Management). How getting an internationally recognized diploma from a first world country would improve my chances of landing a job in the Tourism and Hospitality field in my home country. You will have to type a very convincing letter of intent, while expressing your passion, for your choice of program to study in Canada. It helps greatly if you have sponsors or your own cash to cover your first year tuition, along with $CAD10000 for living expenses. I also got references from previous employers, schools attended and from friends and family. I did not indicate where I would be staying. You can also use an agent/immigration consultant to apply on your behalf. Hope this will aid you in some ways.
Yes Cindy... this is really helpful. Thank you very much.

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Just touching base with those who are starting in September. I figure by now all us well and you are ready for school. Holla back. Ohhh I'm at centennial progress

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I just got my passport request letter :) the VFS website indicates that there will be a fee to submit my passport. Can anybody tell me how much the fee is?
Sorry for late reply...did you not pay a fee when you submitted the application for biometrics Check as I only paid one time and everything was included

JanJJ

Aug 14, 2019
Sorry for late reply...did you not pay a fee when you submitted the application for biometrics Check as I only paid one time and everything was included
Yeah, I submitted the passport on Monday. My flight is on Friday so I'm hoping it's ready for pick up tomorrow.

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Keep ur fingers crossed, heard there are delays as it's high volume tim . Just track it based on the number on yellow slip. My wife's waa back but they nvr called or emailed

Mel 777

Aug 9, 2019
I need your opinions...
I have gathered all supporting documents to apply for study permit for January 2020 but i am hesitant whether i should do it on my own or get an gent to submit my application.... the only thing i am worried about is the ties i have in jamaica. I have no children...no real estate etc...

What do you think?

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
I need your opinions...
I have gathered all supporting documents to apply for study permit for January 2020 but i am hesitant whether i should do it on my own or get an gent to submit my application.... the only thing i am worried about is the ties i have in jamaica. I have no children...no real estate etc...

What do you think?
In my opinion an agent wont do anything you can't do. What will be critical is a good SOP letter to establish family ties and show how your program of study will benefit you when you get back to Jamaica. I have several friends that got their visa approved and they didn't have much or really any ties th Jamaica.