+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit 4 months delay Fall 2018 intake

Justfesty

Sep 2, 2018
I applied for visa (paper application) at Lagos visa office in May and just got a refusal in June, about 3 weeks after they started processing my application, because I did not give an SOP for reason to return back to my country after study and the visa processing time for Nigeria was 8 weeks.
Really sorry to hear about your refusal. SOP and a solid one at that in an essential aspect of your application. I will suggest looking at the reason from your refusal and addressing it in your SOP. Best

Justfesty

Sep 2, 2018
Heyyy the visa got refused yesterday 1 year and 1 day after I applied imagine they took so long just to come to this conclusion
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status
I want to reapply and I kinda need help with my sop, I was told that if u are reapplying after a refusal that in your new sop u should address the reasons for your previous refusal so that's what I'll try and do later in this message.
In my last application my mother was the one handling it and I think our agent wrote our sop for us as we didn't even have any idea what an sop was until recently, I want to have more of a say in the sop as I think that's the only thing that could have made me get rejected or except my documents were not properly sent online
My personal assets and financial status I am a 16 year old what personal assets am I meant to have.
All I have is I am a director in my mother's company which is sponsoring my studying along with her personal account and the tuition fees we have deposited.

On the 1st reason purpose of visit I can explain like there are only 2 universities in Nigeria doing genetics (uni of calabar and akwa ibom state uni) can i be like i don't want them because of strike and all that and I don't even want the state uni coz I feel it ain't good enough and like they are doing genetics and biotechnology/cell biology, so I want to come to Canada and study that course so when I come back I'll be hotcake/highly sought after in Nigeria due to the few number of professionals/experts in the field of genetics and due to the reputation of the University of Manitoba (where I intend to go) (I can work in a hospital giving genetic counselling and stuff like that)
Please any assistance would be welcome
Heya, so sorry to hear about the refusal after the long wait. As a 16 year old, saying you are a director in your mom's company I would think was based on your agent's advice. However, that wouldn't be necessary. What I would advise is for your to examine the reason for the refusal and write a SOP to address it. It's okay to use your mom's financial details, after all you are 16! I think it's a wise thing to provide convincing evidence as to the choice of the country, that's why Canada, why Manitoba and why the course. Don't rush to reapply until you are sure you've addressed the concerns. More power!

ebun64

Jun 25, 2019
do you think if i reapply I can still make it for September intake ? And also I thought it usually take like 2-3 months before their final decision even though they are going to deny the visa

Justfesty

Sep 2, 2018
do you think if i reapply I can still make it for September intake ? And also I thought it usually take like 2-3 months before their final decision even though they are going to deny the visa
There is no fixed duration for visa refusal, could be anything from two weeks after your application. It's a bit tricky to say you will meet the September deadline as you are yet to even do a medical. However, if you are sure you can convincingly address the concerns raise by the visa officer, then you can reapply. If you ask my opinion, I'm not sure it's a wise thing to do simply cos the visa officer would be curious to see what has changed between when you got refused and when you reapply. Again, I'm not an expert but that's my opinion

ebun64

Jun 25, 2019
There is no fixed duration for visa refusal, could be anything from two weeks after your application. It's a bit tricky to say you will meet the September deadline as you are yet to even do a medical. However, if you are sure you can convincingly address the concerns raise by the visa officer, then you can reapply. If you ask my opinion, I'm not sure it's a wise thing to do simply cos the visa officer would be curious to see what has changed between when you got refused and when you reapply. Again, I'm not an expert but that's my opinion
Hmnn okay. Are médicale done after they send biometrics letter confirmation and why do you think they now usually take longer to refuse some people and grant some people visas ? Just trying to get information from people that have had similar experiences. Do you think I should just defer to Jan 2020 or still try my luck with the embassy

Justfesty

Sep 2, 2018
Hmnn okay. Are médicale done after they send biometrics letter confirmation and why do you think they now usually take longer to refuse some people and grant some people visas ? Just trying to get information from people that have had similar experiences. Do you think I should just defer to Jan 2020 or still try my luck with the embassy
Obviously I can't decide for you but if I were you, I will defer till January, notify the school and prolly get a new offer letter or a back up letter. Invitation for medical is after your application has been processed and considered credible to a certain extent. I said that because people still get refused after medical although the chances of that are usually slimmer compared to without medical

Brian prince

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I didn't get a notification mail that you have replied but thanks for your response. I have reapplied again and addressed the firsr refusal reason (not sure I'll come back to Nigeria) in my sop however I didn't know how to address not having personal assets so I stated my mother was going to be responsible my educating expenses including (tuition accommodation feeding etc)

Nadinenamir

Aug 13, 2019
Hello,
I have applied for a study permit online from Iraq in May 2018, I still do not have any updates. I have completed case-specific enquiries many times but I haven't received anything rather than automated emails from Ankara, stating "It's in process". Are there people like me out there who have applied from the Middle East and got their visa or still waiting like me?
Hi, did you receive the final approval?
If so then when??

toyinsco

Oct 4, 2019
I didn't really use any proof of fund cos I got funding. However, I submitted by elder bro's bank statement. As regards documents, I submitted police report, my previous degrees transcripts, statement of purpose letter, the usual application forms, nysc certificate, passport photos and my international passport. I think that's it
did you apply online or you submit paper work? and one more thing, am still having similar situation as have been waiting since 10th August 2019 and after 74days passed i send a webform requesting for my application status update and within two days i got a reply from the embassy (Nairobi) that my application is still active review. Do you suggest i send in another webform? as ve defer my admission to January intake as the delay is taking time. await your suggestion @Justfesty

toyinsco

Oct 4, 2019
Its just to pray mate. Like really
Am doing just same ! Currently in the same case like you!
What bothers me is the fact that they have our passport and we cannot go to a different country .
To make a new passport in my country is a very long and costly process !!
I pray we all receive positive reply soonest
but what if you submitted online and they havent request for your passport?

Justfesty

Sep 2, 2018
Hello,
I would say you should be patient still. It's written somewhere on the student visa application page that it could take 4 months. It's a wise thing you deferred you admission. Fingers crossed, you hopefully should get a response before the end of the year. I would only send another webform message if I don't hear nothing by mid December.
did you apply online or you submit paper work? and one more thing, am still having similar situation as have been waiting since 10th August 2019 and after 74days passed i send a webform requesting for my application status update and within two days i got a reply from the embassy (Nairobi) that my application is still active review. Do you suggest i send in another webform? as ve defer my admission to January intake as the delay is taking time. await your suggestion @Justfesty

Reactions: toyinsco

toyinsco

Oct 4, 2019
Hello,
I would say you should be patient still. It's written somewhere on the student visa application page that it could take 4 months. It's a wise thing you deferred you admission. Fingers crossed, you hopefully should get a response before the end of the year. I would only send another webform message if I don't hear nothing by mid December.
@Justfesty, thank you for your prompt responses. And I shall do as you suggested waited by mid December before I send in another webform. Hope this can also help others who re in similar situation.