+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

Aug 3, 2019
Applied on 27th july
Biometric on 30th july same day updated
Medical update 15th August
So in how many days i can expect my answer?
My file is under non sds

Vbv1105

Aug 15, 2019
Hi Guys!
I gave my upfront medical on 19th April and received an additional information request on 8th May. I was advised to an additional test whose reports take 8 weeks time to be declared. After the reports came out to be normal,I applied on 16th July SDS online. I gave my biometrics on 25July(earliest appointment available).
My biometrics got updated on 25th July itself, but haven't received any communication from them since. Its now more than 4 weeks and more than 20 days from biometrics and its really stressing me out.
I had a temporary stay already booked in canada and flights as well for 22nd August as orientation is on 26th August. My course begins from 3rd September.
I was suggested by VFS employees to send them a mail and fill the web form attaching my tickets. So I did the same on 7th August 2019.

I made a call to IRCC yesterday(15 august) and they told me that my file is still under processing. They told me that they have attached a note to my file and CPC Edmonton will reply back to the note within 3 days.

Details and Profile

University:Fall Term 2019 - University of Alberta
Course: MSc Computer Science.
IELTS : 7.5 no band under 7.
College CGPA :7.7
2.5 years work Ex. - Bankof New York.
1 year Internship - Google.
Graduation: BE/BTech.

Any Suggestions on how to expedite my application?

Vbv1105

Aug 15, 2019
Also, has anyone(or you know of someone) received the mails on Saturdays/Sundays?

I applied at vfs Chandigarh so would my passport be stamped at Chandigarh itself provide Chandigarh has a Consulate of Canda office, or would it be shipped somewhere else?.

If I choose to collect it myself and It is being stamped in Chandigarh itself, are three days enough to collect passport(provided i receive my PPR tomorrow).

Reactions: Msbrar