+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

nixon23

Aug 14, 2019
Hi Guys!
I gave my upfront medical on 19th April and received an additional information request on 8th May. I was advised to an additional test whose reports take 8 weeks time to be declared. After the reports came out to be normal,I applied on 16th July SDS online. I gave my biometrics on 25July(earliest appointment available).
My biometrics got updated on 25th July itself, but haven't received any communication from them since. Its now more than 4 weeks and more than 20 days from biometrics and its really stressing me out.
I had a temporary stay already booked in canada and flights as well for 22nd August as orientation is on 26th August. My course begins from 3rd September.
I was suggested by VFS employees to send them a mail and fill the web form attaching my tickets. So I did the same on 7th August 2019.

I made a call to IRCC yesterday(15 august) and they told me that my file is still under processing. They told me that they have attached a note to my file and CPC Edmonton will reply back to the note within 3 days.

Details and Profile

University:Fall Term 2019 - University of Alberta
Course: MSc Computer Science.
IELTS : 7.5 no band under 7.
College CGPA :7.7
2.5 years work Ex. - Bankof New York.
1 year Internship - Google.
Graduation: BE/BTech.

Any Suggestions on how to expedite my application?
How did you call them can you please share the contact details?

SURENDHAR

Aug 11, 2017
Hii everyone,

File applied- 19 July
Biometrics- 24 July
Biometrics updated- 24 July
Passport Request and medical updated- 16 August at 1 am IST

Don’t lose hope guys. You will get your decision soon
Bro can you please share your profile and which university or college you applied for.

Drsharma

Jun 29, 2019
I called on the number you provided..the guy said it is awaiting review...my classes start september 5th..dont know what i am going to do...i applied on june 25th..got letter to give biometrics on june 27th..gave bio on 2nd july, delhi vfs..16th july medical updated ...17th july ghost update..22nd july portal shows biometrics complete july 2...after that no updates..
27th is the date from application is to be processe.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi Guys!
I gave my upfront medical on 19th April and received an additional information request on 8th May. I was advised to an additional test whose reports take 8 weeks time to be declared. After the reports came out to be normal,I applied on 16th July SDS online. I gave my biometrics on 25July(earliest appointment available).
My biometrics got updated on 25th July itself, but haven't received any communication from them since. Its now more than 4 weeks and more than 20 days from biometrics and its really stressing me out.
I had a temporary stay already booked in canada and flights as well for 22nd August as orientation is on 26th August. My course begins from 3rd September.
I was suggested by VFS employees to send them a mail and fill the web form attaching my tickets. So I did the same on 7th August 2019.

I made a call to IRCC yesterday(15 august) and they told me that my file is still under processing. They told me that they have attached a note to my file and CPC Edmonton will reply back to the note within 3 days.

Details and Profile

University:Fall Term 2019 - University of Alberta
Course: MSc Computer Science.
IELTS : 7.5 no band under 7.
College CGPA :7.7
2.5 years work Ex. - Bankof New York.
1 year Internship - Google.
Graduation: BE/BTech.

Any Suggestions on how to expedite my application?

You should never book tickets or even accommodation until you get the visa.
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do, rather than contacting IRCC and hope they start finishing your application.

Drsharma

Jun 29, 2019
Also, has anyone(or you know of someone) received the mails on Saturdays/Sundays?

I applied at vfs Chandigarh so would my passport be stamped at Chandigarh itself provide Chandigarh has a Consulate of Canda office, or would it be shipped somewhere else?.

If I choose to collect it myself and It is being stamped in Chandigarh itself, are three days enough to collect passport(provided i receive my PPR tomorrow).
submit to VFS chandigarh in person. After three days you will receive stamped passport.

Drsharma

Jun 29, 2019
Applied for Visa at Chandigarh on July 9 , Bio metric on July 17th, Visa got approved by August 13 and processed by CPC Edmonton. Is the issue specific to Delhi or Bangalore? Also anyone here going to Conestoga Kitchener Doon Valley Campus for m
Applied for Visa at Chandigarh on July 9 , Bio metric on July 17th, Visa got approved by August 13 and processed by CPC Edmonton. Is the issue specific to Delhi or Bangalore? Also anyone here going to Conestoga Kitchener Doon Valley Campus for Fall 2019 ?
Congrats. If you submit your passport at chandigarh office. You will receive the same after three days.

Reactions: apsingh3890

Drsharma

Jun 29, 2019
I applied for the student visa on July 12th and I did the biometrics on July 18th, but I don't have any updates... my visa is being processed at CPC Edmonton, I've heard that it's very slow... is any one else in that situation? Do anyone know how long do they usually approve the visa?
Five weeks time.