+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
here are my details:-

VISA APPLIED:- 10 May

Medical exam:- upfront (passed on 29 May)

Biometrics given:- 13 May

Acknowledgement letter :- 1) 24 May

2) 7 june
And what about yours?
Applied: May 14 (general class, no upfront medical)
Husband gave Biometrics: May 16 (We applied for his OWP and I'm not required for biometrics as a US citizen)
1st Correspondence: May 28
2nd Correspondence: June 11

So it does seem to be 2 weeks after and then 4 weeks after that they sent the emails.

Reactions: Vedant46

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
I have cross checked my offer letter with my mates. All of us have identical offer letter and they got approval on that letter. IDK why this happened to me
Reapply with the justification of the other refusal reason, and work on reinforcing your application generally, i think you'll be fine

lodicaleb

Nov 6, 2018
I applied for canada study permit from Congo.
-Applied on 19/05/2019
-Up front medical Passed on 24/05/2019
-After the medical exam was passed, i got 2 Ghost updates but no change in the application, it's still showing "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and "We are processing your background check""

Can someone please tell me what is the meaning of those 2 ghost updates and when can i expect the final decision?

helloboy

Star Member
May 17, 2019
-Applied on 19/05/2019
-After the medical exam was passed, i got 2 Ghost updates but no change in the application, it's still showing "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and "We are processing your background check""

Can someone please tell me what is the meaning of those 2 ghost updates and when can i expect the final decision?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

read this link. Two ghost updates means you are probably in Real IP2 stage.

Reactions: lodicaleb

harman145

Star Member
Jun 1, 2019
-Applied on 19/05/2019

from where you receive this ghost updates on your emails or gckey

Bhawnap

Dec 1, 2018
sorry to hear i know how it feels when did you apply? did you pass medical before getting the refusal? I re-applied on 31st May 2019, passed medical on 7th waiting for the decision hopefully an approval this week. I suggest you to re-apply with a strong Sop to convince visa officer about the raised concerns and take some experts advice good luck brother do not loose hope. #hope.
I am in same situation. Reapplied on 30yh May 2019 medical passed on June 5 ......current status is " We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirement" and " We are processing your background check".....any idea how long will it take from here?

hezma

May 5, 2019
App. Filed.......
04-04-2019
I got my Visa Approved today. Here is my timeline:
Applied on 4th April 2019 through VFS, Biometrics on the same day
Linked GCKey on 10th April, it was Background Processing

No update to my application afterwards, I inquired multiple times since processing time for KSA is 6weeks. I was told that since my university starts in September, my application will be considered after those who start in June/July.

Received Correspondence Letter for Biometrics on 11th June
Received Approval Letter on my GCKey application on 12th June.

Overall, it took about 10weeks for my application to process. KSA does not have a bifurcation for SDS or general applicants.

@ramimedhat