Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Guys... I got approval today!!! after 56 days
General category
Applied on April 10
Biometrics sent on April 17
Update today - Biometrics correspondence letter
- original passport request
However, the account still has no medical required (even though I submitted upfront) and background check is still on-going and now eligibility check started today.......weird but yea at the bottom says approved and i got the passport request letter...

I hope that everyone here gets their approval in the coming days...... @Evankc you're next bro!!!
Which University you applied and what program?

gychemist

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Post grad cert in Construction Management at Conestoga College
Great, I am guessing you already have previous qualification... I am a bit worried about my selection of program... I have a degree in Chemistry and now going for a Diploma in Chemical Engineer Oil and Gas (3 years)... so not sure how they will view that... but keeping an open mind.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Great, I am guessing you already have previous qualification... I am a bit worried about my selection of program... I have a degree in Chemistry and now going for a Diploma in Chemical Engineer Oil and Gas (3 years)... so not sure how they will view that... but keeping an open mind.
I do not see any issue with your program of choice, since it is specialized for the oil and gas industry. I think that this is a good point for you to emphasize with our current oil and gas activity in our country. What were the requirements of the program?

gychemist

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
I do not see any issue with your program of choice, since it is specialized for the oil and gas industry. I think that this is a good point for you to emphasize with our current oil and gas activity in our country. What were the requirements of the program?
The requirements to apply was easy to meet since I already had a degree in Chemistry...++ I did not had to take IELTS. I applied my myself did not take a lawyer... I had applied in 2017 and was refused because I think since it was a 1 year program plus I was conditionally approved at the school. They said you will not return... but thanks for your feedback... Oh I wanted to ask did you show funds for the complete program... i showed funds for the first year and more... Thanks

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Guys... I got approval today!!! after 56 days
General category
Applied on April 10
Biometrics sent on April 17
Update today - Biometrics correspondence letter
- original passport request
However, the account still has no medical required (even though I submitted upfront) and background check is still on-going and now eligibility check started today.......weird but yea at the bottom says approved and i got the passport request letter...

I hope that everyone here gets their approval in the coming days...... @Evankc you're next bro!!!
Awww that awesome ! Am happy for you and did you sent any webform like reminder during your waiting ... Congratulations a big time :D :D :D :) welcome to Canada so go ahead prepare for falls

newgrad2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I am not 100% sure, but I can give u an advice according to the processing time taken for my application that she should apply as soon as possible (at least before 15th June). Because if u will apply at the last moment, then it will take more time for processing due to more applications submitted at that time by student. In case of delay, there would be difficulty for her to plan her travel also.
Agreed!

Only thing that is holding her back is GIC. Which is expected to be done next week. I am hoping she will apply by late next week.

Will be applying
~From India
~SDS - online

Hopefully it works out well.

Reactions: Kaler Jaspreet S

newgrad2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
If you check the official website, it reads that visa should be applied as early as possible. But it also states that we should before August 1 for Sept intake. So you have plenty of time, but the sooner you apply the better it is.
The plan is for next week. But just wanted to get an idea if it's late already?

Hope she gets hers! :)

Wadibasher

May 31, 2019
Hey guys, do you know how long it takes for study permit visa to be stamped once passport is submitted? And which location does it go to, Delhi or Bangalore?

Jchoerab

Jun 5, 2019
Got approval last night.

Applied online: 6th April
Biometrics submitted 12th April
Medical passed: 30th April
1st student acknowledgement: 3rd May
2nd student acknowledgement: 15th May
Passport Request: 5th June

Since there is no VAC in my country I’m guessing I’d have to submit my passport to the New Delhi VAC? Please let me know if you guys know...I’m from Bhutan.

Heading to Halifax, Nova Scotia. masters in applied economics. Thanks everyone.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Awww that awesome ! Am happy for you and did you sent any webform like reminder during your waiting ... Congratulations a big time :D :D :D :) welcome to Canada so go ahead prepare for falls
Yea i did send web forms, one to the closest visa office in Trinidad and they said that it was processing and I should wait. Then i sent one to Canada in hope that it was being processed there due to the lack of information provided from Trinidad. Canada responded after a week and said that they forwarded my inquiry to the visa office responsible (Trinidad) and that I should wait. That was on Monday. Their reminder to Trinidad seem to have done the trick. This is week 8 from what should be a 5 week processing time.
Best wishes bro, you're up next!

1299MehtabSingh

Nov 29, 2018
Punjab
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
The plan is for next week. But just wanted to get an idea if it's late already?

Hope she gets hers! :)
Even I have yet to file visa for Sept 2019 intake. My father's ITR has yet to be filed. Its validation is under process. And it is taking longer thab expected. Once it gets validated, I'll apply visa.
BTW, ti which college/university has your relative applied?

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
Got approval last night.

Applied online: 6th April
Biometrics submitted 12th April
Medical passed: 30th April
1st student acknowledgement: 3rd May
2nd student acknowledgement: 15th May
Passport Request: 5th June

Since there is no VAC in my country I’m guessing I’d have to submit my passport to the New Delhi VAC? Please let me know if you guys know...I’m from Bhutan.

Heading to Halifax, Nova Scotia. masters in applied economics. Thanks everyone.
Awww am happy for you :D :D congratulations !!

Reactions: Jchoerab