+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa after Education gap of 6 years

kumarpa71

Jul 23, 2016
Student Visa after Education gap of 10 years

I'm interested in doing Human Resources Management Course from a Canadian University for Jan 2017 session but I have some major concerns in regards to my eligibility.

Firstly, I would like to inquire about the average desired for acceptance and enrolment for the international students because I did my graduation in Bachelors of Commerce from University of Delhi in 2006 with 37.25%. I have got my ECA done from WES (canada) on the 17th July and they have validated my degree.

Secondly. I started working at a very early age and I have been working continuously since 2005. Since the gap is for almost 10 years, would that be a problem while applying for the student visa?

I'm mainly interested in this course because I have been working as pension analyst since 2009 and this degree would not only teach me about the various roles performed by HR but it would also help me in my career progression. Please could you let me know whether I'm meeting the eligibility criteria for admission and would there be any problem while applying for the student visa.

Also I have secured 6.5 Band Overall in IELTS.

Reactions: gorukh
Jun 29, 2016
kaushalmb said:
Hi All,

I will appreciate any type of help in following queries.

I am a Chartered Accountant from India having more than 6 years of experience.

I am planning to apply for Student Partnership Program (SPP) for Jan 2013 at Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario for Accounting & Financing related Post-Diploma.

1. I have 6 years of gap in education. I want to know if this will reduce my chance to get student visa?

2. I learned that I have to apply and obtain Education Loan for SPP, how much fund needed to apply for Student Visa for 1 year program with 14000 CAD? How much in form of Education loan? How much in form of other form?

3. As I have to pay tuition fee in advance before applying / obtaining Student Visa, how long it will take to get refund from college?

4. How many hours of work I can do while studying? How much I can earn while study (a ruff estimate)?

5. How much CAD sufficient to leave in Canada with family or two adults and one child?

6. How much time will take to get Visa?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Kaushal

RONAK SINGH

Mar 14, 2017
less than 1 year study gap and i am confused!!!! please help

I completed my btech in may2016
appeared in IELTS exam in September 2016
I had applied in Niagara college for May session
In between this time I was working with a company which has no link with my btech subjects and with the course that I have selected in Canada
I am mechanical engg. and was working with a technical support (microsoft) company and my course in Canada is International business management.

now the question is do I have to justify the study gap or not?
can I show the employment papers of the company but its not related to my course , will there be any problem
or can I just leave it :) :)
PLease reply!!!!! its urgent already did the GIC and fee submission

harman@preet

May 22, 2017
Hello,
I completed my graduation in ECE in 2012 and got degree in 2013.
Then I started my job.
But job was not related to my studies.
Even switched 2/3 jobs.
Now I want to apply for student visa.
I want to know if I am eligible. Also confused about the course.
Please help me.
Thanks

Jun 9, 2017
Student Visa after Education gap of 5 years

Hi,

I had completed my MBA in 2010 and after that i am having three year experience can i apply for study visa and what are the chances.
1 how much score needed in Ielts. (Gen or Acc iam having 6 band in gen)
2 how much funds needed?
3 in which category i can apply?

Please help.

Regards,
Gurmeet
Hi Gurmeet
Have you got your Study Visa? Even I have completed my MBA, and have 3.5 years of work experience. I have got admission in Centennial college for Financial Planning program, Fall 2017. IELTS 7 bands not less that 6.5 in each band. I have applied for visa on june 14th 2017. Waiting for approval.

Vijay_VVG

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
demanded field..

Am 29 yrs old, having 8 years IT Infra Mgmt exp. got admission my MS in IT security mgmt studies. finally got my visa too..

I explained why i need this course and why this university in my Visa SOP.
Bro ...I am 29 with 7 yrs of experience...wanted a career change n opted for a business analysis course pgdc(did bachelor's in IT)....my application got rejected..shud I apply for masters or can I apply for another related pgdc...I am not favor of masters rite now..
PS: Have applied for CAIPS

Last edited:

Shubh442

Aug 7, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I'm an International Marketing Executive working since 2011. I have experience of more than 6 years. I would like to pursue PG diploma course in Canada to get an additional education as well as foreign study experience. I visited more than 10 countries for business purpose. So kindly check and let me know. If i can apply for this visa.

Looking forward to hear your views.

Thanks in advance
Shubh

Sreehariavikkal

Aug 28, 2017
After high school, I went to work in a designing company for 4 years. Will there be any problem for getting visa for doing a diploma course from Canada? I don't have a degree. 4 year experience letter can be provided.

syam kumar666

Oct 14, 2017
hello friends,
i have a 4 years of study gap after my 12th. i always wanted to join in a hospitality management program. i have completed my 12th in 2014. due to the lack of financial support i cant join in my desired program. after 6 months from may 2014 i have got an opportunity to work as an apprenti in a 4 star hotel's front office department. later they have appointed me as a regular employee. during the gap term 2014 -2017 i was working as a front office assistant in that hotel. now im looking to study an under graduate degree in canada. would that affect my student visa?? can i get a rejection?? i have a valid work experience certificate. and a good ielts score. i have 90% marks in my 12th standard. am i eligible to get a student visa?

Jaydeeppatel

Nov 12, 2017
demanded field..

Am 29 yrs old, having 8 years IT Infra Mgmt exp. got admission my MS in IT security mgmt studies. finally got my visa too..

I explained why i need this course and why this university in my Visa SOP.
Hello vimalind,

You got visa for canada? With study gap allow or what?

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello vimalind,

You got visa for canada? With study gap allow or what?
Yes i got my study permit second time with proper course selection. first time it was refused due to improper course selection (pre-MBA). my study gap was 8 years at the time of student visa application.

Now just got my PR :)