+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Visa after Education gap of 6 years

kaushalmb

Oct 15, 2012
Hi All,

I will appreciate any type of help in following queries.

I am a Chartered Accountant from India having more than 6 years of experience.

I am planning to apply for Student Partnership Program (SPP) for Jan 2013 at Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario for Accounting & Financing related Post-Diploma.

1. I have 6 years of gap in education. I want to know if this will reduce my chance to get student visa?

2. I learned that I have to apply and obtain Education Loan for SPP, how much fund needed to apply for Student Visa for 1 year program with 14000 CAD? How much in form of Education loan? How much in form of other form?

3. As I have to pay tuition fee in advance before applying / obtaining Student Visa, how long it will take to get refund from college?

4. How many hours of work I can do while studying? How much I can earn while study (a ruff estimate)?

5. How much CAD sufficient to leave in Canada with family or two adults and one child?

6. How much time will take to get Visa?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Kaushal

dubaitotoronto

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Hi Kaushal,

Gap of 6 years is not at all a problem for Canadian Student Visa, if you see the Application form for the study permit there is one question they ask about work experience and they mention that work experience of last 10 years!!. So if 10 years is expected then 6 years not a problem right?

For the SPP fee thing, click on the link below;

http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/STUDENT-PARTNERS-PROGRAM-(SPP)-IN-INDIA-29sep12.pdf

kaushalmb

Oct 15, 2012
thanks dubaitotoronto for reply.

I want to know if I apply for General Category for Study Visa, is it mandatory to apply for Loan if I have suffucient fund to show?

More to this:

1. As I have to pay tuition fee in advance before applying / obtaining Student Visa, how long it will take to get refund from college?

2. How many hours of work I can do while studying? How much I can earn while study (a ruff estimate)?

3. How much CAD sufficient to leave in Canada with family or two adults and one child?

4. How much time will take to get Visa?

//Kaushal

asiss kumar

Sep 22, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2013
IELTS Request
23-03-2013 (Band:7)
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
MATA MEHAR KAREGI
LANDED..........
JAI MATA DI ;D
kaushalmb said:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Student Partnership Program (SPP) for Jan 2013 at Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology, Ontario for Accounting & Financing related Post-Diploma.

1. I have 6 years of gap in education. I want to know if this will reduce my chance to get student visa?

2. I learned that I have to apply and obtain Education Loan for SPP, how much fund needed to apply for Student Visa for 1 year program with 14000 CAD? How much in form of Education loan? How much in form of other form?

3. As I have to pay tuition fee in advance before applying / obtaining Student Visa, how long it will take to get refund from college?

4. How many hours of work I can do while studying? How much I can earn while study (a ruff estimate)?

5. How much CAD sufficient to leave in Canada with family or two adults and one child?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Kaushal
Dude,Gap is not an issue for Canada ...
Try to find some course which suits your academics and experience.
Secondly make SOP strong ,.
Yes for student visa ,pay first year fee and show $CDN 10000 for living expense. in the form of loan or GIC.
But i personally suggest you go for GIC.increases the chance of visa.
:D :D :D :D :D
Good luck

asiss kumar

Sep 22, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2013
IELTS Request
23-03-2013 (Band:7)
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
MATA MEHAR KAREGI
LANDED..........
JAI MATA DI ;D
kaushalmb said:
Thanks asiss kumar!

I may be sound stupid but can you tell me what is GIC?

Dude ,GIC (guaranteed investment certificate)..
In India ,go to kotak mahindra bank ,they are working on behalf of Scotia bank ..
They will help you and clear their terms and conditions. :D :D :D

vihanchavan

Dec 11, 2012
kaushalmb said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Kaushal
dear friend , evn my case is same like you , it would be help full to let me know if u can tell me ur exp wen u got for visa interview

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
demanded field..

Am 29 yrs old, having 8 years IT Infra Mgmt exp. got admission my MS in IT security mgmt studies. finally got my visa too..

I explained why i need this course and why this university in my Visa SOP.

Reactions: rkarora20

santbirsingh

Sep 17, 2013
hello guys,

I have 3 year gap and I was working as Computer Operator. They can give me experience letter as well but they were paying me cash 8000/m. They do not have any record because they were not transferring salary to my account. What should I do If Immigration officer ask me about how I am getting paid from my employer so plz help me they can give only my experience letter.

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santbirsingh said:
hello guys,

I have 3 year gap and I was working as Computer Operator. They can give me experience letter as well but they were paying me cash 8000/m. They do not have any record because they were not transferring salary to my account. What should I do If Immigration officer ask me about how I am getting paid from my employer so plz help me they can give only my experience letter.
No need of payslip to be attached, submit your work experience lette. That's enough

shahid19091982

Jul 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have a gap of 5 years means 2004 i completed my BBA after that was working but started doing PGDBA in 2009-2012 completed now i am planning for master & also given IELTS waiting for the results.

1.I have heard from many consultant for me that with this profile there is a full chance of my file being rejected due to gap in studies in SPP programme.

@assis Kumar: As you have said that the chances of Visa improves if we take GIC right then as i cannot afford that much then if i go through education loan will it be rejected. Please advice.

So i am trying for Non-Spp programme which cost approximately $23000 CAD FOR master.Also as i will probably applying through consultant then which way to make the SOP strong for showing our need to do this course.

Also i am married & working in finance field from 8 years now. Many consultants have said you cannot take your wife before you complete 1 years is it true?

Waiting for the reply from all of you.

Please help & advise for the same.

Best Regards,
Abrar Vidha

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahid19091982 said:
Hi,

I have a gap of 5 years means 2004 i completed my BBA after that was working but started doing PGDBA in 2009-2012 completed now i am planning for master & also given IELTS waiting for the results.

1.I have heard from many consultant for me that with this profile there is a full chance of my file being rejected due to gap in studies in SPP programme.

@ assis Kumar: As you have said that the chances of Visa improves if we take GIC right then as i cannot afford that much then if i go through education loan will it be rejected. Please advice.

So i am trying for Non-Spp programme which cost approximately $23000 CAD FOR master.Also as i will probably applying through consultant then which way to make the SOP strong for showing our need to do this course.

Also i am married & working in finance field from 8 years now. Many consultants have said you cannot take your wife before you complete 1 years is it true?

Waiting for the reply from all of you.

Please help & advise for the same.

Best Regards,
Abrar Vidha
Study Gap its not a big problem of getting study permit, but make sure selection of program and your SOP might have brief n detailed information to state why you are looking to be enrol as student of this program. Explain about your GAP

I may not sure abt SPP program but even I'd 7 yrs gap and gained my study permit under university&general category

You can take your partner along with you, she will get open workpermit of your study period, mention strongly that in SOP why you want to take along with you.

Dont loose your hope.. try max, nothing to loose.. All the best :)

shahid19091982

Jul 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Vimal.

If i take my spouse then will be the change in fees also regarding the explanation of study gap & taking partner with me will it be done by consultant or that I need to do.

I want to do in masters i am not knowing in which it will come i.e university or college. if i call her after 6 or 1 year than will be any problem for calling.

Have you applied through Non-spp programme.

If you are ok then can you tell your ielts band & what is ur qualification.

harry321

Dec 25, 2012
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey friends look at my profile and suggest me please i really need your advice... PLEASE
i have done BCA with 65 % ( one backlog which was cleared in first time and got a degree) 2012
from august 2012 to july 2012 i was taking coachings of computer languages from private institute..
now i have cleared IELTS with 7 bands
and i am doing beginners french course.
i want to apply for student visa canada in sept 2014..
what are my chances and how my profile looks?
i want to apply for Network technician ( diploma of 2 years) ? suggest me guys..

saurav1

Apr 11, 2014
Hi Everybody,,

New in this blog..

Wanted to clarify on some points before I start breaking my piggy banks ;D
I did my 12th in 2002 (49%)..and completed grad in 2005 (52%)-correspondence.Since then,I have been a crew in different airlines (Including one international airline) and do hold a well traveled passport..Now after 9 years of my graduation would I still stand a chance to get admission in Canadian Universities.
PS : I am married and have a kid (2 years)

Already spoke to one of d consultants in Delhi//according to her my case is weak because of the Gap years..

Please throw some light,,

Thanx in advance .

SW :)