+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Approval from UAE

Sonnetjacob

Nov 12, 2020
Study permit you will receive at the border when you're traveling.
The following is for Visa:
Applied from Kuwait (I'm an NRI)
Submitted Application on Nov. 6th
Received Biometrics Appointment Letter on Nov 21st
Gave Biometrics on Nov 22nd (on GC Account it says Biometrics Received on Nov 23rd)
Got Biometrics Correspondence Letter Dec 16th
Got Original Passport Request on Jan 19th
Sent Passport on Jan 20th
Received approval letter on 25th
Received stamped passport on Jan30th.
Hello thanks for sharing .... i want some info can you ping me on 0097333697058

monaaziz

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hii.. Yes sorry I completely forgot about updating. I got PPR on Jan 19th. I sent my passport the very next day and got it back in around a week or over. And I got Approval letter on 25th Jan.
Congrats, dats great news. I just wanted to check if you continued obtaining PPR with your 8 months program from York and do you not intend to update your DLI or program since you are going for another program. If so, please can you share the process.

mkannan2010

Feb 8, 2021
I have submitted my application from UAE on 28th Dec 2020 for September 2021 Fall Intake. 29th I received Biometrics Collection letter. 30th I gave biometrics and same day it reflected in GC account as

Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: ----------------
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): ---------------
  • Application number: -------------------
  • Date Received: December 28, 2020
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: --------------------------
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: December 30, 2020
    • Expiry Date: December 30, 2030

12th Jan 2021 I saw in my GC account like

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Biometrics - January 11, 2021:Completed.

After that no response and after raising 2 webforms on 5th Feb 2021 I received a mail saying that there is an update in my submitted application. When I opened GC account it looks like

SubjectDate sentDate read
Submission ConfirmationFebruary 5, 2021February 6, 2021
Biometrics Collection LetterDecember 29, 2020December 29, 2020
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionDecember 28, 2020December 28, 2020

In this discussion mostly I am seeing all of them have received Submission Confirmation first and then Biometrics Collection letter. But in my case its in reverse order and more over I gave Biometrics on 30 DEC 2020. Now almost close to one and half months. From this how much time it takes to get the approval. I am trying to call Abu Dhabi Canada embassy but no response. Any idea and suggestions how to contact IRCC or should I wait for approval. Please guide me.

What is that Biometrics Correspondence letter and Biometrics Verification letter. When it will come. Still how many steps are pending ? For student permit also will they ask me to go for Medical and PCC ?

Last edited:

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I have submitted my application from UAE on 28th Dec 2020 for September 2021 Fall Intake. 29th I received Biometrics Collection letter. 30th I gave biometrics and same day it reflected in GC account as

Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: ----------------
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): ---------------
  • Application number: -------------------
  • Date Received: December 28, 2020
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number: --------------------------

12th Jan 2021 I saw in my GC account like

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Biometrics - January 11, 2021:Completed.

After that no response and after raising 2 webforms on 5th Feb 2021 I received a mail saying that there is an update in my submitted application. When I opened GC account it looks like

SubjectDate sentDate read
Submission ConfirmationFebruary 5, 2021February 6, 2021
Biometrics Collection LetterDecember 29, 2020December 29, 2020
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionDecember 28, 2020December 28, 2020

In this discussion mostly I am seeing all of them have received Submission Confirmation first and then Biometrics Collection letter. But in my case its in reverse order and more over I gave Biometrics on 30 DEC 2020. Now almost close to one and half months. From this how much time it takes to get the approval. I am trying to call Abu Dhabi Canada embassy but no response. Any idea and suggestions how to contact IRCC or should I wait for approval. Please guide me.

What is that Biometrics Correspondence letter and Biometrics Verification letter. When it will come. Still how many steps are pending ? For student permit also will they ask me to go for Medical and PCC ?
Usually the submission confirmation is automatically generated the day you apply. Either this was a glitch or they have changed the process. We cant really be sure.

Current processing time for UAE VO is 15 weeks. You will get a correspondence letter almost at the end of your processing period which simply states the validity of your biometrics for future applications.

Avidlearner231

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Dubai
@mkannan2010 hey I am in the same boat as you, applied first week of jan 2021 for fall 2021 and they sent this submission confirmation letter yesterday lol

I am so stressed all the time but all we can really do after submitting the application is waittttt

Reactions: mkannan2010

mkannan2010

Feb 8, 2021
@mkannan2010 hey I am in the same boat as you, applied first week of jan 2021 for fall 2021 and they sent this submission confirmation letter yesterday lol

I am so stressed all the time but all we can really do after submitting the application is waittttt
Should we raise a webform every 10 or 15 days once or we need to wait. Continuously raising webform may also make the visa officer irritated and it may create a chance for rejection. I am bit confused and stressed. Sitting fingers crossed.

Have you raised any webform asking your status ?

mkannan2010

Feb 8, 2021
Usually the submission confirmation is automatically generated the day you apply. Either this was a glitch or they have changed the process. We cant really be sure.

Current processing time for UAE VO is 15 weeks. You will get a correspondence letter almost at the end of your processing period which simply states the validity of your biometrics for future applications.
Already they gave the validity of the biometrics right. This is the one you are saying.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Already they gave the validity of the biometrics right. This is the one you are saying.

This one is on GCkey. They will provide official letter which you can use for any future application.

Reactions: mkannan2010

mkannan2010

Feb 8, 2021
Yea in some cases they're asking so its better to do upfront medical. But for pcc i am not sure eventhough i have done pcc from india via embassy.
My friend did medical for PR. But after getting the approval from IRCC and they gave letter to him specifically to some hospitals in UAE and he took medical test by showing that approval letter. For students how to do it. Just like that go to any hospital in UAE and take medical ? If so what type of tests needs to be taken like only sugar, blood pressure. Or any extra tests needs to be taken.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
My friend did medical for PR. But after getting the approval from IRCC and they gave letter to him specifically to some hospitals in UAE and he took medical test by showing that approval letter. For students how to do it. Just like that go to any hospital in UAE and take medical ? If so what type of tests needs to be taken like only sugar, blood pressure. Or any extra tests needs to be taken.
You are asking about PR or SP ? For PR yes, they ask to do medicals but not for SP unless they ask you specifically to do it in which case they will provide you with a medical letter with instructions.

mkannan2010

Feb 8, 2021
You are asking about PR or SP ? For PR yes, they ask to do medicals but not for SP unless they ask you specifically to do it in which case they will provide you with a medical letter with instructions.
I am asking for me and for SP only. I just gave an example that for PR they asking them to do it with approval letter.