+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Approval from UAE

moppa

May 30, 2020
I am 33 and i have offer letter from York university for PG dip and applied from UAE but got rejected

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Apologies...But What I mean is " Post Graduate Diploma " from TRU
She is one of the very few lucky applicants. Congratulations to her. But this does not seem to be a common thing.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Yes Indeed. I was trying to quash the rumor that age 30+ results in straight away rejection. As posted by @Shaild
:) :)
It's not a rumor and shouldn't be regarded as such. It is in fact a very clear and present trend that I have seen here on the forum. Older applicants going for PGDs usually get rejected by Abu Dhabi VOs. There is another troubling trend I have noticed and that is; immigration consultants tend to be usually behind an applicants decision to go for a PGD. I am not saying it is a practice that is wrong or flawed, but it is something I have seen repeatedly.

moppa

May 30, 2020
It's not a rumor and shouldn't be regarded as such. It is in fact a very clear and present trend that I have seen here on the forum. Older applicants going for PGDs usually get rejected by Abu Dhabi VOs. There is another troubling trend I have noticed and that is; immigration consultants tend to be usually behind an applicants decision to go for a PGD. I am not saying it is a practice that is wrong or flawed, but it is something I have seen repeatedly.
Let's Not generalize may be a few didn't get doesn't mean everyone will not get. It's not that easy like in India but i think a lot of people get their approvals from UAE.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Well, I have an AIP if that counts, and I'm 42. All the documentation is complete including a very detailed SOP/LOI. My university isn't on the approved DLIs list with COVID readiness plan yet and probably that's why I haven't heard from IRCC.
Thank you. this gives some hope. May I know which university you applied through ?

UAEng123

Jun 9, 2020
Update from Abu Dhabi, Applied in March, Biometrics given in March. AIP received in August. Correspondence Letter received today.

Reactions: okjaber

James12389

Jul 14, 2020
Update from Abu Dhabi, Applied in March, Biometrics given in March. AIP received in August. Correspondence Letter received today.
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are the contents of the correspondence letter? Also, if your university/college is not on the covid readiness approved list, will you hear back? Received by AIP in Sept, college just got added to the list this week.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
It seems like the Abu Dhabi office takes long time. If I am applying for Sept 2021 intake, how soon can I apply for VISA ?

UAEng123

Jun 9, 2020
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are the contents of the correspondence letter? Also, if your university/college is not on the covid readiness approved list, will you hear back? Received by AIP in Sept, college just got added to the list this week.
Mine is on it. I don’t know if you will hear back if yours isn’t on it. Letter is named correspondence letter but content is basically saying that my biometrics are enrolled and received, although my biometrics status was complete on my account since March. A bit confusing for me why this was sent now. Anyways it’s a step forward. Hopefully things will move now onwards.