Sep 15, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
Mine is on it. I don’t know if you will hear back if yours isn’t on it. Letter is named correspondence letter but content is basically saying that my biometrics are enrolled and received, although my biometrics status was complete on my account since March. A bit confusing for me why this was sent now. Anyways it’s a step forward. Hopefully things will move now onwards.
You will receive a passport request within 24 hours

Oct 11, 2020
Well, I have an AIP if that counts, and I'm 42. All the documentation is complete including a very detailed SOP/LOI. My university isn't on the approved DLIs list with COVID readiness plan yet and probably that's why I haven't heard from IRCC.
that's great news! did your spouse also get his/her open work permit? and in how long did u receive the AIP?

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
that's great news! did your spouse also get his/her open work permit? and in how long did u receive the AIP?
I got my AIP on 5th September and so did my kids as I also applied for their SPs at the same time. No updates on my spouse's OPW application though.

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
Mine is on it. I don’t know if you will hear back if yours isn’t on it. Letter is named correspondence letter but content is basically saying that my biometrics are enrolled and received, although my biometrics status was complete on my account since March. A bit confusing for me why this was sent now. Anyways it’s a step forward. Hopefully things will move now onwards.
No reason to be confused. What you receievd is a BVL and that means you should soon be receiving an OPR. Keep us posted.

Reactions: UAEng123

Let's go to party

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi, any update on your end? I got the BVL yesterday as well.

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
I got my AIP on 5th September and so did my kids as I also applied for their SPs at the same time. No updates on my spouse's OPW application though.
Hello All,

Do you recommend me requesting the GCMS report? I have the AIP from September and my university got added this week to the approved DLIs with COVID readiness plan. Or should I just wait it out?
I'm not in a hurry as my online classes are underway but at the same time don't want to take it easy since I need to be in Canada before April in order to be eligible for PGWP. What do you all suggest?

Thanks

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone
Below is my updated status
Applied 24 Feb
Non sds online UAE
Medical approved 28 Feb
Phd DLI approved
AIP 1 Sep
BVL 4 Nov
No updates after that

(256 days) 8 months and 13 days until now. Tired of waiting.

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hello All,

Do you recommend me requesting the GCMS report? I have the AIP from September and my university got added this week to the approved DLIs with COVID readiness plan. Or should I just wait it out?
I'm not in a hurry as my online classes are underway but at the same time don't want to take it easy since I need to be in Canada before April in order to be eligible for PGWP. What do you all suggest?

Thanks
I think there is no need. You will receive Passport request within the next few weeks
Do you think they will extend April deadline with the increased cases?

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
I think there is no need. You will receive Passport request within the next few weeks
Do you think they will extend April deadline with the increased cases?
I'm not too sure about the deadline extension. The fact that they are adding more universities to the list is an indication that they are OK with people traveling. On one hand, PGWP eligibility is connected to not having done more than 50% of the course remotely, and then if someone starts their education in September like I did, it's quite unlikely to reach to 50%, which makes the April deadline redundant. It's a bit tricky situation to be honest.

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi everyone
Applied 24 Feb
Non sds online UAE
Medical approved 28 Feb
Phd DLI approved
AIP 1 Sep
BVL 4 Nov
No updates after that

I guess if you were to apply maybe a month or two earlier, you would have been through already. Things were put on hold from March onwards and your application got processed with the rest. You are almost there since you have your AIP and BVL, so just a matter of few days. Best of luck my friend !

Reactions: Eng.abla

Let's go to party

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi everyone
Applied 24 Feb
Non sds online UAE
Medical approved 28 Feb
Phd DLI approved
AIP 1 Sep
BVL 4 Nov
No updates after that

Even i got BVL on 4th nov
Aip since Aug 17

Waiting for ppr like you.