that is AIP
Approval to start online classes ...
i received the same Last week
And my application is still under review

Ma2252

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Hi,
Just before 20 minutes, I received an email from IRCC to check message in GCC key and I received attached letter: I think it's permit to start studies online, but not an AIP. Correct?
Because status of my eligibility review is "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

https://ibb.co/r2KRTg7
Congrats buddy. Did you submit a complete application?

nerdygeek

Sep 8, 2020
Hello, I have been anonymously checking this forum for the past few months for updates. I just got my AIP and thought to update here as it might be helpful for some people.

Visa Office – Abu Dhabi

Date applied – March 11, 2020

Application Type - Paper Application through VFS Dubai.

Biometrics - Submitted along with the application at VFS Dubai

Eligibility started – August 21, 2020

AIP – September 8, 2020 through GCKey around 12:30 pm

Nationality – Pakistani

Program - BSc at Memorial University, Classes starting tomorrow.

Although I have been given AIP, I am still not sure whether to start my classes or defer to Winter intake. Especially after seeing some Pakistani students getting rejection after AIP. Also the IRCC guidelines ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit.html#_study_permit_eligibility ) say that despite passing preliminary eligibility assessment, my application can still be rejected for eligibility reason. Eligibility is a huge factor for me as I am a UAE resident for past 4 years as my dad works here and don't really have strong ties to my home country. I am still not sure about what to do, any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Reactions: Faith_Canada123

YACANADA2020

Aug 20, 2020
Hello Friends, I just received a rejection from Abudhabi. It is strange that yesterday evening I received a correspondence letter for biometrics and till yesterday evening, all the reviews related to eligibility, background check etc were as usual, but today all of sudden it is showing that the background check started Aug 25.

Please advise on what should I do

Faith_Canada123

Jul 16, 2020
Hello Friends, I just received a rejection from Abudhabi. It is strange that yesterday evening I received a correspondence letter for biometrics and till yesterday evening, all the reviews related to eligibility, background check etc were as usual, but today all of sudden it is showing that the background check started Aug 25.

Please advise on what should I do
sorry to hear that... usually when you received biometrics validity letter, final decision is next.

background check is only updated once final decision has been reached.

request for GCMS noteS, make sure to address the note when u re-apply. Good luck po!

YACANADA2020

Aug 20, 2020
sorry to hear that... usually when you received biometrics validity letter, final decision is next.

background check is only updated once final decision has been reached.

request for GCMS noteS, make sure to address the note when u re-apply. Good luck po!
Thanks for your reply. I thought at every stage of review, the status will be updated online. Let's see how it goes

dx619

Jun 28, 2020
Refused from Abu Dhabi..... applied on july 2... received biometric validity letter yesterday.. and refused today

Reason :
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Any advise will be helpful

Good Luck to everyone

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
My sister got her AIP today. She submitted a complete non-sds application on June 30.
She deferred to Jan intake a month ago.

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Applied (Online) May 17, 2020
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: June 19, 2019
Received AIP 5th September 2020
Application Type - Online; Non-SDS
Nationality: Indian
Review of Eligibility: In Progress (started same time as the date of application; no further updates)
Applied for all the dependents together.
Program: Masters in IT Security
Classes Started: 9th September 2020 with fall semester fee paid

Waiting for the final results. Anyone here who got their permits after receiving their AIPs? Just wanted to know as I can either get a full refund before October 9th or can defer to the next semester if the results are delayed.