+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
differentquestion said:
...I'm in Michigan and tried to get the copy of documents notarized but they said MI doesn't allow documents to be notarized. Only my signature can be notarized and suggested that I should write a note that I'm attaching true, unaltered and complete copies of the originial document bla bla... and sign it in front of Notary which he can notarize.

Could you pls confirm that's what needs to be done or someone can actually notarize the copies as certified or true copies of original document ?
I did exactly what you have described above. That is what the notary public asked me to do. I do not live in Michigan though. I went to a local credit union and notarized for free. I sent my docs about a week ago and I am expecting to recieve my file number today or tomorrow unless they decided to send my application back because of the way it was notarized/certified.

Those of you who paid $10 per page or did it in Kinkos, what did they exactly do? Did they say "it is a true copy" or they notarized your signature? Could you please describe what went there and what is written on your page? Thanks.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
nix1 said:
differentquestion said:
...I'm in Michigan and tried to get the copy of documents notarized but they said MI doesn't allow documents to be notarized. Only my signature can be notarized and suggested that I should write a note that I'm attaching true, unaltered and complete copies of the originial document bla bla... and sign it in front of Notary which he can notarize.

Could you pls confirm that's what needs to be done or someone can actually notarize the copies as certified or true copies of original document ?
I did exactly what you have described above. That is what the notary public asked me to do. I do not live in Michigan though. I went to a local credit union and notarized for free. I sent my docs about a week ago and I am expecting to recieve my file number today or tomorrow unless they decided to send my application back because of the way it was notarized/certified.

Those of you who paid $10 per page or did it in Kinkos, what did they exactly do? Did they say "it is a true copy" or they notarized your signature? Could you please describe what went there and what is written on your page? Thanks.
I did the exact same thing and got my Emp File No
some where between xxx345 and xxxx350

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainpdude said:
Thanks AINPDude. Your post made me feel much better now. I was worried if I have made a mistake after reading some previous posts.

After how long did they issue your Emp File No.? Is that what they call it, Emp File No.? Mine was there Nov 28th, but they have not sent me the emp file no.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
nix1 said:
ainpdude said:
Thanks AINPDude. Your post made me feel much better now. I was worried if I have made a mistake after reading some previous posts.

After how long did they issue your Emp File No.? Is that what they call it, Emp File No.? Mine was there Nov 28th, but they have not sent me the emp file no.
Alberta recieved my docs on Nov 12 and sent me Emp File No. on Nov 21 through email. So I am guessing they must be taking between 10-20 days
to send it.

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
hi, i also tried fedex, usps, chase (my bank) here in ohio but they don't notarize passports. I tried our township though, and they notarized it for free. My friend who's in Chicago go to her township also for notarization.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
poppyjml said:
hi, i also tried fedex, usps, chase (my bank) here in ohio but they don't notarize passports. I tried our township though, and they notarized it for free. My friend who's in Chicago go to her township also for notarization.
What do you mean by township, is it like the Mayor's office or something.

differentquestion

Jan 4, 2008
Hmmm, BTW do they send you an email if your Pre-Assessment is approved ? I didn't get any email as of yet for approval for pre-assessment.

Thanks in advance.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I think most of the time you won't get an email... if you have been asking for your application status for several times they might send you an email :)

differentquestion said:
Hmmm, BTW do they send you an email if your Pre-Assessment is approved ? I didn't get any email as of yet for approval for pre-assessment.

Thanks in advance.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
ingegarcia said:
I think most of the time you won't get an email... if you have been asking for your application status for many times they might send you an email :)

differentquestion said:

Thanks in advance.

rambalu80

Dec 7, 2008
I have applied for pre-assessment and I got confirmation that they have received all my documents for the pre-assessment stage. When can I expect to get a file number? Will it be during the pre-assessment stage or after the pre-assessment is approved?

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
rambalu80 said:
I have applied for pre-assessment and I got confirmation that they have received all my documents for the pre-assessment stage. When can I expect to get a file number? Will it be during the pre-assessment stage or after the pre-assessment is approved?
They will send you a package after a successful pre-assessment.Then you fill up the forms in the packet and mail it back. Then after a couple of weeks you will get a file no:
HTH

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
bendjoe said:
What do you mean by township, is it like the Mayor's office or something.
I'm not actually sure what a township is. It's my friend who told me to try a township as that's where she goes for notarization for free.
So I just google'd what are the townships in the county i belong to and started calling them to ask about notarization.
They usually have a website, address and number. Hope that helps.

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Even i tried with few BOA branches in New Jersey and they said no for notarization and also Chase. But i got notarized in another BOA branch.

Otherwise fedex Kinkos will do the same for charging.. or USPS

aliz

Star Member
Oct 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May - 2009
Doc's Request.
July - 2009
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
September - 2009
Med's Request
August - 2010
Med's Done....
September - 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 16, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 17, 2011
LANDED..........
May 17, 2011
I went and ask a lawyer, and he notrize all my documents. but it tooks him about a day to go over on each document and then he notrize.

Ask your H1B lawyer, they might notrize your document for free.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
if you have an account in BOA you should be able to get all your stuff notarized. I allways go there and I have had no problem....
Also if you work for a big company you can do a search of notaries at your company and you will get some names...

seljem said:
Even i tried with few BOA branches in New Jersey and they said no for notarization and also Chase. But i got notarized in another BOA branch.

Otherwise fedex Kinkos will do the same for charging.. or USPS