+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

ngeorgia

Oct 11, 2007
I came across this one http://www.canadavisa.com/in-the-us-on-an-h1b-Alberta-pnp-has-a-new-option-for-you.html
Any idea how long might be the procedure. I heard this will be way more quicker than usual PNP.
thanks

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
I think Alberta came out with this program in March-April. I applied May 1 for pre-assessment and I received the confirmation the same day too. They said it will take 30 days for pre-assessment and then they will send me an invitation to apply for the PNP which requires additional 60 days. Then once you are issued a PNP certificate you may apply to CIC within 180 days which can take anywhere from 6-12 months for processing visa
Here is my take its a 3 Step Process.....
Its June 19 and almost 50 days just for pre-assessment and no word from Alberta yet they say 30 days but apparently not. Then you have the apply for the regular PNP another 60 days as they say, once you get that another 6-12 months for visa processing, medical etc with CIC. I will consider it 200 Average days as per trackitt cases. In between these process allow 10 days for gathering and sending the required paperwork for each step. This is what I say as far the time line goes.
Pre-Assessment (60)+ Misc (10) + PNP Cert. (60) + Misc (10) + CIC (200)= 340 days. If you are lucky
LITTLE MORE THAN 11 MONTHS............ALMOST AN YEAR!!!!!

Personally I think BC is much faster they require 2-3 weeks for issuing PNP certificate. I think so many people must have applied under this stream that Alberta is getting back logged. Keep in mind even though H1-b does not require a job, CIC will be very tough and stringent about meeting the fund requirements.

Will keep you guys posted about my Pre-Assessment if and when it comes.........

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi kangster,ngeorgia
I applied May 3 under 2171 - Information Systems Analyst and Consultant. I would say that the whole process can take something between 6 - 18 months, but it is better that 5-10 years that is taking the GC or 3 years the federal process. Lets see how it goes....

Pre-Assessment (60-90)+ PNP Cert. (60-90) + CIC (5-12 months)

So far no news but I'll keep you posted

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Ingegarcia,
Thanks for your input, So did you apply for Pre-Assessment on May 3?
If so we both applied at about the same time. Lets keep ourselves posted as things move forward, We are neck to neck here.

promise

Jun 28, 2008
pls can any body give me details on how to apply for this programme that only take 12 to 18 months?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
You can find all the information to apply for this program in http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

Basically you need to be an H1B holder working in USA for more than 1 year in one of the Occupations under pressure, if so then fill the form that is under the link and email it. they'll tel you what to do next.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Re: Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP h1B

Hi kangster,ngeorgia
I am a new member to this forum. I too applied under this stream (NOC 2121 in the first week of June) and not heard anything yet on pre-assessment.

Did you guys hear anything? I gather both of of you applied sometime in the begining of may. If you did how long it took?

I called those people at Alberta and they said my application is currently being assessed and I will hear soon

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi dnataraj
I've applied at the beginning of May and they recently told me that my application is in processing and that I would be notified in writing of any decision made. I would say that the problem is that due to the program is so new there is no a specific timeline for it... When I received the first emails they told me to wait for 30 days... later they told me 50... in the website I've seen that candidate assessments are taking between 40-90 "working days"....

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
dnataraj,
I agree with Ingegarcia's view Point we both applied in the first week of May..... we are into the 2nd week of July now.... Over 2 months. One thing they did say 30 days and it is 70 Days so far........any day now I hope. But I personally think that this Pre-assessment is totally unnecessary because if given a positive pre-assessment you still have to apply for regular PNP. The reason I say it too much time is wasted with PA and the same amount of time for PNP...... NOT FAIR (This formality could be done with PNP Apllication and both are Free to apply and possibly Alberta will save some Man Hours) We are looking at 6 months + here alone for the whole Alberta formalities. There are probably 2 reasons for the delay
1) Far too many applications they are backlogged (in this Case waiting period will only Grow for Pre-Asmt)
2) This is a new program and they don't have the appropriate trained staff.

H1B Guys who have about a year or less left on your Visa........ Apply but be carefull don't depend 100% on this program, Maybe federal program maybe a better option in that case....

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi kangster
I agree with you, this pre-assessment is taking way too long, and to be the first filter this is just taking forever, plus addittionally PNP will take othe 3+ months.

I guess I am too anxious to know if I qualify or not :)

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Ingegarcia,
what frustrates me is ALBERTA don't say 30 days when it is taking 70+ days and Still no answer this is not a PNP app for crying out loud it is just a one page app with a few required docs just sign off Yes or No how difficult is that...... someone ought to complain seriously.... I can understand +/- 15 days is fine.... I have a friend who qualified through a Fed program within 9 months from Buffalo, NY..... what can I say I am considering the Fed program at this point.... I thought this program was worth it but not at this point I beg to differ.........

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I am with you, I also was thinking to apply for federal instead... and if I get the PNP then it will push the process a little further...

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Ingegarcia...... tell me if you get the PNP how will it push the process a little further....
if you get to that point couldn't you just decide not to go forward with PNP or withdraw the fed App (I Think, Correct me if you are wrong) and go for PNP......in other words whatever seems shorter at the time....

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Ingegarcia, kangster

I totally agree with your thoughts. I did apply through Federal but those applications (submitted after 28th Feb) are on hold at least till 15th August when the minister (supposedly) come up with prioritized categories.

Looks like instead of cleaning the system it is getting more murkier and going in the US way..

On which website you saw that it takes 40-90 working days for pre-assessment?