+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Well What can I say........ this is taking longer than expected..... I guess Fed program is the way to go. Here 4 months for Pre-Assessment and another 2-3 months for PNP Certificate... 6-8 months for CIC ..... at this point I think the timeline is is 14-16 Months give or take
I guess we can't do much either at this point :)
This will process will only get longer and worse as more and more people apply..... I bet Alberta could not see the rush coming :)
Good Luck every one!

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Ingegarcia.... I hope not too many people have applied before us, I think this program was effective in April....... we both applied first week of May this is what their email said at the time...........
Thank you for submitting these documents. The PNP Office will assess your application.
Given a positive pre-assessment, the PNP Office will send you an application package, and an invitation letter to apply for the PNP. Normally, PNP pre-assessments and invitations to apply are taking up to 30 days to process.

There must have been a sudden rush of application due to the amount of seminars they are doing these day and then word of mouth and forums like these..... I think Alberta is just busy collecting everyones Pre-Assessment and stacking them for now doing nothing but saving for that one rainy day :)

In my opinion giving positive/negative pre-assessment is not too labor incentive at this point.... officer just has to go through Job description and how it applies to NOC, h1-b paperwork, passport and say yes or nay..... I wonder how difficult is that but I have searched all over the internet and I am yet to find an individual who say their pre-assessment was approved or declined for that matter.... I pray we get a response soon and be on our way... but seems a long canadian road ahead so far.

New Applicants........... GOOD LUCK :)

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Kangster, Ingegarcia and dnataraj,

I was at the Alberta H1 stream event in Philly today and it was nice. Enough marketing material. Before they convinced me to apply, I told them your concerns about timeline and here is their responses (spoke to a couple of the officers)
1. they apologize for the delay. they explained it was due to problem in their system and that has been fixed. The pre-assessment will take between 2-3 weeks now. Afterall, it is only a page application. We didn't have to submit any copies of passport or H1B documents though. They promised the 3-5 people that applied that they will get back to us in 2-3 weeks. I will let you guys know whatz up by month end.

2. The second stage will take 30 working days. i would approximate that to be 2 months.
3. Given that I have an AOR from FSW application at Buffalo, I asked for the consequence and she said I would only have to submit minimal docs since I am currently waiting for IA.
4. You have to land in Alberta but you are not stucked with Alberta for life cos your PR is canadian PR and not Alberta PR.
5. They have a dedicated staff for H1B.
6. The H1b program is very popular and will grow like crazy very soon.

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
olusolalekan,
The information you posted what you got directly from those people from Alberta is very interesting and very useful Thanks for posting this from my side and on behalf of other active members here in this topic. I hope we all get the good news really soon now.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thanks olusolalekan, the information is very comforting. It means that we will see some updates on the cases very soon!!

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Thanks olusolalekan for the information. I think now we have to just wait. I guess we will have some news by this month end (and hopefully good one).

Thanks everyone!!

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Alberta is definitely taking a lot of time, may be they just said that they are having system trouble to attract more applicants in the seminar, but for what good when you can't clear the people who applied earlier, Right
Well for the sake of information I applied May 1, 2008 & August 1, 2008 it will be 90 days LOL thats what it takes for the regular PNP.

I hope someone from Alberta H1-B Dedicated staff Reads this forum....

EVERYONE WHO HAS APPLIED I REQUEST POST THE DATE THEY APPLIED FOR PRE-ASSESSMENT FOR THIS PROGRAM (& LUCKY ONES WHO GET APPROVED) SO THAT THIS MAY HELP ANY NEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE APPLIED AND WANT TO APPLY

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
UPDATE - 5 MINUTES AGO!

If you remember, i submitted my pre-assessment in person at Philadelphia and they promised to get back to me in two weeks. well I just got an e-mail stating that i may be qualify TO APPLY. I am not sure if what they are asking for is what should have been submitted with the pre-assessment one-paged form or if this is the next stage. here is a list of what the e-mail asked to be sent.

As you are a holder of an H1B visa - you may be eligible to qualify for Canadian Permanent Residency through the Strategic Recruitment Stream pilot program recently introduced by the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). I have received your H1B Strategic Recruitment Stream Application.

For more information regarding the H1B Strategic Recruitment Stream (H1B SRS), please visit http://www.alberta-canada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

In order to proceed with your application, we require:

A photocopy of your passport – kindly only send a copy of the Photo and your personal information pages, of your current passport
A photocopy of your current H1B visa
Proof of your qualification for H1B (eg. education degree/diploma, license, certification, etc) please note, at this time 1 or 2 documents will suffice, we do not require transcripts
Proof of your current employment (a copy of your most recent pay stub)
Job description (job duties) and how it applies to the Regional Occupations Under Pressure List in Alberta (please consult the list for occupations and National Occupation Classification (NOC) number http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/oup/abouplist.shtml)

guys, i NEED YOUR heeelpp. iS THIS THE NEXT STAGE OR JUST COMPLETING WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE BEFORE?

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Olusolalekan,
This is not the next stage, that is exactly what I submitted with my pre-assessment. Those are all the required documents needed initially. Send these in and maybe send the one page Pre-ass. form again, sent the docs via email or fax it to them.
I was wondering actually how come they didn't ask these docs from you initially when I and other people here had to submit these, well right now it seems they just want to attract as many people as possible by any means necessary.
Good Luck!

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Kangster
remember I submitted in-person during an Alberta seminar. I did not go to that seminar with my passport,H1-B and job description. That is why they never asked for anything other than the one-page form.

For you, how did you know what to add to the form? The one-paged form does not say what to add. it just tell you where to send the form.

kangster

Jun 19, 2008
Olusolalekan,
I contacted Alberta directly by phone Before I sent the form and they sent me an email requesting the exact same docs they requested from you along with the one page application. The docs needed are not on their website, At least I did not see them. Hope this answers your question.