+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strategic Recruitment Stream Alberta PNP

lak_shiv

Feb 19, 2009
Jong, As long as you are currently on an H1 B visa (atleast for a year), you are eligible to apply through the Alberta strategic recruitment program. You will need to check the NOC # that fits your job description.

Good Luck with the process!

jong said:
Hello,

Is this also a good venue for me if I apply to Alberto,although I'm from the Philippines? I currently work as an HR Manager. thanks

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Alberta is adding a new criteria to the H1B stream.... nothing to worry about for those who want to migrate to Alberta though

To qualify for this program, you must meet the following basic criteria:

1. A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta;

The rest of the criteria remains the same ....

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

I

Indium-sulfide

Gosh! how could a person demonstrate that definitely?
A good excuse to refuse anyone with all the other creteria well matched.
I anticipate more failed cases in the future.

Any other idea about this new rule?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ingegarcia said:
To qualify for this program, you must meet the following basic criteria:

1. A Candidate must demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta;
How do we demonstrate a clear ability and intention to live permanently in Alberta?

In my case, I have never been to Alberta (or Canada). I have no family in Canada and I do not have a friend in Alberta. I have some friends in other provinces, but not in Alberta. I am just trying to figure out how I would demonstrate what they are looking for. By the way, I already have my nomination from Alberta, so I guess this may not apply to me anymore.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I guess that criteria relates to these questions....

3. Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta (Provide attachment if required):
4. Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live and what type of accommodation are you are seeking? (Provide attachment if required):
5. Describe your familiarity with Alberta. For instance, what do you know about its climate, labour market, cost of living, geography, etc.? (Provide attachment if required):

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
ingegarcia said:
I guess that criteria relates to these questions....

3. Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta (Provide attachment if required):
4. Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live and what type of accommodation are you are seeking? (Provide attachment if required):
5. Describe your familiarity with Alberta. For instance, what do you know about its climate, labour market, cost of living, geography, etc.? (Provide attachment if required):
I think you are right... they are looking for these answers I guess...

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Seems like a valid requirement to me. Alberta is taking a big step in nominating us, the least we can do is some research on the province, its weather, living conditions, demography, geography, job availability, etc. In fact, this might prove be beneficial more to us than them. I really appreciated all the links they sent us in their e-mails.
All they are trying to do is make sure applicants look at Alberta as an end, not just the means.

dipen

Star Member
Nov 4, 2008
hi friends, can anyone tell me once a person gets nominated from alberta PNP does it guarantee that he/she will be nominated in the cic process also. I've no problem with medical and security issues. .As CIC process is a long way to go i need to atleast gather some info so that I can make decision about my studies. please help with your valuable suggestions.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Hi Divagirl,
Do we need to send the fees and photos at the fist stage?
Thanks,
Wasi2000
divagirl said:
ashok said:
hi diva girl

i know the link but i want to know more clear information from people like you who are in second and third stages.

According to my understanding i need to submit all these forms at once? is this called the stage after preassessment? or we need to submit only AINP009?

Application Form (AINP009)
Use of a Representative Form (AINP008B) ( i am applying on my own so no need of this form in mycase)
Application for Permanent Residence in Canada (IMM008)
Schedule 1: Background/Declaration (IMM008)
Additional Family Information (IMM5406)
Use of a Representative (if applicable) (IMM5476)
Schedule 4: Economic Classes: Provincial Nominees (IMM008)

Thanks all for your time
Ashok.
There are only 2 stages now -- nomination and CIC application. I am still in the first stage, waiting for my nomination!

For 1st step in this process to get a nomination letter, you need to send in original:
Use of a Representative Form (AINP008B)
Photocopies of:

Once you get the nomination letter (which takes about 3 months (i guess) as of now), you send the originals of the photocopies (ie IM008 etc) that you had sent to CIC for processing.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Of course it does not guarantee, otherwise what is the point of CIC...the chances are high, but it is never 100% true. Also please do not duplicate questions in several posts, and also check it before writing please..someone just answer this question on another post,

Akk

dipen said:
hi friends, can anyone tell me once a person gets nominated from alberta PNP does it guarantee that he/she will be nominated in the cic process also. I've no problem with medical and security issues. .As CIC process is a long way to go i need to atleast gather some info so that I can make decision about my studies. please help with your valuable suggestions.

A

Albertagoverner

akk said:
Of course it does not guarantee, otherwise what is the point of CIC...the chances are high, but it is never 100% true. Also please do not duplicate questions in several posts, and also check it before writing please..someone just answer this question on another post,

Akk

dipen said:
Dear Dipen:

Nothing is guranteed in general. There are some cases where, Medicals are requested which is a symbol of getting immigrant visa, but at the end visa was denied, even applicant was healthy. So, You never know what's gonna happen. Some cases where immigrant visa is stamped in passport but entry at Pearson International Airport, Toronto, ON was denied because of port officer's discretionery view. However if you get nominated in AINP then chances are good that you will get PR visa in less time with less formalities like IELTS.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
wasi2000 said:
Hi Divagirl,
Do we need to send the fees and photos at the fist stage?
Thanks,
Wasi2000
divagirl said:
ashok said:
hi diva girl

i know the link but i want to know more clear information from people like you who are in second and third stages.

According to my understanding i need to submit all these forms at once? is this called the stage after preassessment? or we need to submit only AINP009?

Use of a Representative Form (AINP008B) ( i am applying on my own so no need of this form in mycase)

Thanks all for your time
Ashok.
There are only 2 stages now -- nomination and CIC application. I am still in the first stage, waiting for my nomination!

For 1st step in this process to get a nomination letter, you need to send in original:
Use of a Representative Form (AINP008B)
Photocopies of:

Once you get the nomination letter (which takes about 3 months (i guess) as of now), you send the originals of the photocopies (ie IM008 etc) that you had sent to CIC for processing.
No. Fees and photos will have to be sent in the second stage, ie after you get your nomination from AB.

I

Indium-sulfide

AINP replied my inquiry as follows. It seems we need to wait for more time. Five months.
Anyway, thanks for the reply.

For the U.S. Visa Holder Category, due to current application volumes,
it may take up to 2 months before the Candidate is notified whether or
not the application has been accepted for processing and to be issued a
file number. A decision will be made on U.S. Visa Holder Category
applications within approximately 3 months from the time the application
has been accepted for processing at the AINP.

So, guys and girls, we need to wait approximately 5 plus 1 month for AINP nomination and another 1 month to prepare documents to file to CIC, which takes at least 6 months. Good luck.

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
nomad_musafir said:
Seems like a valid requirement to me. Alberta is taking a big step in nominating us, the least we can do is some research on the province, its weather, living conditions, demography, geography, job availability, etc. In fact, this might prove be beneficial more to us than them. I really appreciated all the links they sent us in their e-mails.
All they are trying to do is make sure applicants look at Alberta as an end, not just the means.
How can I sign-up for their immigration-related emails? I am trying to look at albertacanada.com but can see m to find a way to register for these emails!