AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
Im so confused, is this for Express Entry only or does this apply to Family Class applications as well? I wasn't aware I needed to link anymore applications to myCIC account?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Im so confused, is this for Express Entry only or does this apply to Family Class applications as well? I wasn't aware I needed to link anymore applications to myCIC account?
This is not a needed step but just gives tracking info for pr card. If you don't care which state your PR card application is at (as long as it reaches you), you can skip this step and just be pleasantly surprised when pr card shows up in mail. Similarly in case of photo rejects, you will get an email notifying you of same

Reactions: saddlepatch

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
This is not a needed step but just gives tracking info for pr card. If you don't care which state your PR card application is at (as long as it reaches you), you can skip this step and just be pleasantly surprised when pr card shows up in mail. Similarly in case of photo rejects, you will get an email notifying you of same
Thank you so much for the clarification :3

vineet86

May 27, 2018
Hello Friends I though many people who recently landed might want to check PR card status then follow below steps. Me and many of my friends have already done it. we all were on express entry (SINP).

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)
Hi,
I tried the same steps above, but it says "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications." I received the confirmation email for my PR card application received by CIC on 8/28/2019. I haven't received my card, also unable to check card status online and can't link my application with above steps. Please suggest if anyone have been similar through similar situation? and what can we do in such case?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi,
I tried the same steps above, but it says "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications." I received the confirmation email for my PR card application received by CIC on 8/28/2019. I haven't received my card, also unable to check card status online and can't link my application with above steps. Please suggest if anyone have been similar through similar situation? and what can we do in such case?
Try finding profile using different mechanisms provided for ex. Uci or application number

vineet86

May 27, 2018
Try finding profile using different mechanisms provided for ex. Uci or application number
Tried all available options in drop down. Unfortunately, same result from all. No details found.
Checked with someone who has already received the card 1 week ago and result is same for him. So not sure how viable this is.

D

Deleted member 826724

Hello friends,

I am preparing to land by end of October 2019.

I have two questions:

1. Can I give a different address rather than the nominating province for the delivery of my PR card? This is because the address I was going to use has changed i.e. the family welcoming me has moved to a different province.
2. Once I settle in the nominating province, assuming I get a job in a different province, will I be allowed to work in another province as long as I remit my taxes via my parent/nominating province?

I will appreciate this information and guidance.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello friends,

I have two questions:

1. Can I give a different address rather than the nominating province for the delivery of my PR card? This is because the address I was going to use has changed i.e. the family welcoming me has moved to a different province.
2. Once I settle in the nominating province, assuming I get a job in a different province, will I be allowed to work in another province as long as I remit my taxes via my parent/nominating province?

1. You would have to show an address in the province that nominated you since as per nomination requirements you are expressing intent to settle in that province.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello friends,

I have two questions:

2. Filing taxes in a province you are not living or working in would be fraud. You must file you taxes according to where you are living and working. You should move to your intended province and show that you have realistically attempted to find relevant employment before moving. You can collect proof of failed interviews or failed job applications as proof that you tried to settle in the nominating province.

D

Deleted member 826724

1. You would have to show an address in the province that nominated you since as per nomination requirements you are expressing intent to settle in that province.
Thank you so much for this. I am very much guided indeed.

D

Deleted member 826724

2. Filing taxes in a province you are not living or working in would be fraud. You must file you taxes according to where you are living and working. You should move to your intended province and show that you have realistically attempted to find relevant employment before moving. You can collect proof of failed interviews or failed job applications as proof that you tried to settle in the nominating province.
Thank you! This is very insightful Indeed.

Is there anything else I need to know?

D

Deleted member 826724

Hello friends,

I have two questions:

This is my third question:

3. Once I settle in the nominating province, legally, after how long am I allowed to move to other provinces? This may mean changing your location all together?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is my third question:

3. Once I settle in the nominating province, legally, after how long am I allowed to move to other provinces? This may mean changing your location all together?
There are no exact times. Most stay a few months and do apply for jobs and keep those records. If they are unable to find anything they moved on.

D

Deleted member 826724

There are no exact times. Most stay a few months and do apply for jobs and keep those records. If they are unable to find anything they moved on.
Great! Thank you again. This is very helpful indeed

ashikaverma13

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Guys,
Thanks for sharing the steps to link PR card.
I got my COPR approved Inland i.e. in Canada. I got my COPR signed around 10 days ago and while trying to link I got the error that my file couldn't be found.
I am entering the date of my PR appointment in the 'date I got my PR' since that was the date my COPR was signed.
Any reason for file not found? Am I entering something incorrectly?