+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to check PR Card Status !!

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
I am entering my info correctly, but the place/city of birth. I am doing it correctly but they don't have in their system cuz it was not written on my confirmation of PR. That's the reason I can't link my PR Card application to my account. It says not found!! Anyone knows what I can do?

I became a PR on July 3, 2018.
check the COPR. make sure your input is exactly the same as what's on the COPR, including the place/city of birth.

Hasanm

Sep 7, 2018
Hi All

I landed on 3 July 2018, but did not know about this linking thing till 60 days were past. now i have created a GC key account and linked the application. The application status is "submitted" while the details mention that my application was approved, no further docs required, even my PR is valid now and i can see my PR number and expiry. However, i have yet not received my PR at the address i gave at the time of landing. Can anyone help what could be the reason? now that i can see the PR number, i guess its not the pictures issue.

Thanks
Hasan

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hi All

I landed on 3 July 2018, but did not know about this linking thing till 60 days were past. now i have created a GC key account and linked the application. The application status is "submitted" while the details mention that my application was approved, no further docs required, even my PR is valid now and i can see my PR number and expiry. However, i have yet not received my PR at the address i gave at the time of landing. Can anyone help what could be the reason? now that i can see the PR number, i guess its not the pictures issue.

Thanks
Hasan
I became a PR on July 3, 2018 as well. They finalized the card on Aug. 23 and I received it on Aug. 29

I called them on Aug. 27, they told me the card has been mailed to you, so I suggest you to call them.

Reactions: Hasanm

Hasanm

Sep 7, 2018
I became a PR on July 3, 2018 as well. They finalized the card on Aug. 23 and I received it on Aug. 29

I called them on Aug. 27, they told me the card has been mailed to you, so I suggest you to call them.
Thanks. Is there a way i could call them out of Canada since i have already left the country? The number is see is not accessible from outside Canada. Or can a friend of mine call and check from with in Canada?

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Thanks. Is there a way i could call them out of Canada since i have already left the country? The number is see is not accessible from outside Canada. Or can a friend of mine call and check from with in Canada?
I don’t know the number from outside of Canada to be honest, but someone else can call them from inside and have you on the phone at the same time when he/she talks to the agent. The agent will ask for your permission to let the other person speak on behalf of you. That wat would work cuz I’ve done it multiple times.

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
whats the number to call ?? i landed on 31st July and no records found when i try to link the application or check the status online

OTW5074

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-04-2021
Hi!
I dont know the number for outside Canada but I am in the same situation as you (I can see the PR card number and the date) and I called cic Monday but they had IT issue so the guy couldn't check directly but he did tell me that it typically takes 7 to 10days between the date you see on the site and the date you receive it. I havent received mine yet but it hasnt been today. Good luck!

Mar 12, 2018
Hi All

Thanks
Hasan
So what was your approval date ?

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
Download Android App 2ndLine choose your number. It will give you virtual canadian number. You can call from this app free all over canada.
call 1-888-242-2100 from this app and you can contact them from outside Canada.

Be sure this app is not blocked in your country. I used this app with VPN.

drjyoti

Nov 29, 2017
Hello Friends I though many people who recently landed might want to check PR card status then follow below steps. Me and many of my friends have already done it. we all were on express entry (SINP).

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)
This is so helpful. Thank you for sharing.

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hello
I linked my application on MyCIC and the status is "Pending registration", what does that mean?
I landed on the 17th of October, I know is too early just want to know if there is something I have to do myself or just wait.

emmycad

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
We landed on 20th September and we have not received our PR cards and it is still showing "Submitted" on the profile. Does it take this long? Has Anyone who landed around that time gotten their PR card?

dinh3phan

Nov 14, 2017
We landed on 20th September and we have not received our PR cards and it is still showing "Submitted" on the profile. Does it take this long? Has Anyone who landed around that time gotten their PR card?
Same landing day, same status of submitted ...