+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after receiving CoPR and Visa ?

rajsrv

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Hi guys
I just received my visa and copr.
Can any of the members help me with the number of documents that I need to carry with me to port of entry?
Thanks in advance guys.
Ashwani
waht is ur time line.. when did u submit ur PP for stamping?? and from which VFS?
how many days did it take?

rajsrv

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Can you please help me with the documents required at port of entry.
you will be needing ur PP with visa stamped, COPR letter and proof of funds( it can be a bank statements) you can carry some amount with u and the rest can be shown as the in ur bank account.

its better to carry all the original docs like study and work related, if u r moving permanently. though those are not mandatory at the port of entry.

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
you will be needing ur PP with visa stamped, COPR letter and proof of funds( it can be a bank statements) you can carry some amount with u and the rest can be shown as the in ur bank account.

its better to carry all the original docs like study and work related, if u r moving permanently. though those are not mandatory at the port of entry.
I applied through express entry for immigration.
So if I understand correctly during my first travel at POE I need to have my visa, copr and bank statement.. correct

Reactions: rajsrv

rajsrv

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Can you please help me with the documents required at port of entry.
If you are outside Canada
When you arrive in Canada, you will be greeted by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

The officer will ask to see your passport and other travel documents. Make sure they are not packed in your luggage, and that you have them with you. This will help speed up your entry to Canada.

When you arrive, you must have:

• Your valid passport and/or travel documents. Your passport must be a regular, private passport. You cannot immigrate to Canada with a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport.
  • Your valid permanent resident visa (if you are from a country that requires visas) and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). The officer will make sure you are entering Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your visa. Please note that this document cannot be extended; therefore, you should make sure to use it before it expires.
  • Proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.
The officer will ask you a few questions to make sure you still meet the terms to immigrate to Canada. They will be similar to the ones you answered when you applied.

You will not be allowed into Canada if you give false or incomplete information. After completing your COPR, the officer will allow you to enter Canada as a permanent resident. The officer will also confirm your Canadian mailing address. Your permanent resident card will be mailed to you at this address.

If you change your address within 180 days of arriving in Canada, you must notify IRCC using this online tool.

Disclosure of funds
If you arrive in Canada with more than CAN$10,000, you must tell the CBSA officer. If you do not, you could be fined, and your funds could be seized. These funds could be in the form of:

• cash,
  • securities that belong to you (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills), or
  • bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders.

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
If you are outside Canada
When you arrive in Canada, you will be greeted by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

The officer will ask to see your passport and other travel documents. Make sure they are not packed in your luggage, and that you have them with you. This will help speed up your entry to Canada.

When you arrive, you must have:

• Your valid passport and/or travel documents. Your passport must be a regular, private passport. You cannot immigrate to Canada with a diplomatic, government service or public affairs passport.
  • Your valid permanent resident visa (if you are from a country that requires visas) and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). The officer will make sure you are entering Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your visa. Please note that this document cannot be extended; therefore, you should make sure to use it before it expires.
  • Proof that you have the funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.
The officer will ask you a few questions to make sure you still meet the terms to immigrate to Canada. They will be similar to the ones you answered when you applied.

You will not be allowed into Canada if you give false or incomplete information. After completing your COPR, the officer will allow you to enter Canada as a permanent resident. The officer will also confirm your Canadian mailing address. Your permanent resident card will be mailed to you at this address.

If you change your address within 180 days of arriving in Canada, you must notify IRCC using this online tool.

Disclosure of funds
If you arrive in Canada with more than CAN$10,000, you must tell the CBSA officer. If you do not, you could be fined, and your funds could be seized. These funds could be in the form of:

• cash,
  • securities that belong to you (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills), or
Thanks.
About proof of funds.... can I show them my bank statement... ofcourse I will have some money on me... but rest of it can I show in my bank statement?
Since I am from india will an Indian banks statement be valid?

rajsrv

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Thanks.
About proof of funds.... can I show them my bank statement... ofcourse I will have some money on me... but rest of it can I show in my bank statement?
Since I am from india will an Indian banks statement be valid?
I am also from India and i am also planning to fly to Canada in Sept or Oct. what I am planning to do is take my bank statement and also get a letter from the bank stating my account balance and also the equivalent amount in CAD. so i guess that will be enough.

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
I am also from India and i am also planning to fly to Canada in Sept or Oct. what I am planning to do is take my bank statement and also get a letter from the bank stating my account balance and also the equivalent amount in CAD. so i guess that will be enough.
Congrats.
But I have my acount in hdfc. All they give is a stamped bank statement. Do you think that will be ok?
By equivalent amount do you mean you will carry all 12000$ with you?

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
I have even read on this forum that sometimes they don't even ask for POF at POE.

rajsrv

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
  • Congrats.
    But I have my acount in hdfc. All they give is a stamped bank statement. Do you think that will be ok?
    Disclosure of funds
    • cash,

rajsrv

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
thats ok not
Congrats.
thank you..

not a problem.. just carry that statement that should be fine..

you are not suppose to carry morethan 10000 CAD when u r travelling.. if u have to then u have to declare it... u can follow this link http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5052-eng.html

rajsrv

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
@ashwani_pant i got a msg stating that vissa application ID no. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hass been forwarded to the canada visa office hyderabad or bangalore as applicable on 31/08/2017

what does it mean?? till now i dint receive my PP