+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after receiving CoPR and Visa ?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karachi said:
This seems so relevant :)

I intend to make my first visit for just two weeks and make my permanent move later after a few months.

So on my first visit, can I show a bank statement, at the Port of Entry, having less than the minimum funds requirement if it is accompanied by confirmed return air ticket after two weeks (having enough funds for a two week visit?)
Told you in your other post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-much-funds-to-bring-to-canada-t409709.0.html;msg5130221#msg5130221

SWAP1206

Jan 24, 2016
avisad pls help

I have the copr and last date as aug16 2016....can i goto the toronto airport complete immigration and travel back in 15 days.i can share my relatives address for the dispatch of PR. It woud take me another 6 months for my next visit to canada for moving there.

Secondly do we have to cross 2 borders wen we reach canada for the PR i.e should we entger and reenter in canada

Pls help

Thanks

SWAP1206

Jan 24, 2016
avisad pls also help with what is flagpolling ? id it ony for ppl within canada .

also i do not have any destination on my copr...can i land anywhere in canada?

thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SWAP1206 said:
avisad pls help

I have the copr and last date as aug16 2016....can i goto the toronto airport complete immigration and travel back in 15 days.i can share my relatives address for the dispatch of PR. It woud take me another 6 months for my next visit to canada for moving there.

Yes.

Secondly do we have to cross 2 borders wen we reach canada for the PR i.e should we entger and reenter in canada

No. You just need to show up at a Port of entry.

Pls help

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SWAP1206 said:
avisad pls also help with what is flagpolling ? id it ony for ppl within canada .

Yes, it is an option available for inland applicants. It basically involves exiting Canada, entering US and returning to Canada.

also i do not have any destination on my copr...can i land anywhere in canada?

Assuming you aren't a PNP applicant, Yes.

thanks

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
i am a Nova Scotia PNP therefore i have to land in Halifax. I might be staying in some temporary accommodation in Halifax. i don't have any address in Halifax to give for PR card.
Can i give address of my relative who stays in Toronto? or it won't be allowed since its a different province...
Also, can i land and finish the landing process in Halifax and fly back immediately to Toronto for a day or two?
if someone can pls help with this....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taral80 said:
i am a Nova Scotia PNP therefore i have to land in Halifax. I might be staying in some temporary accommodation in Halifax. i don't have any address in Halifax to give for PR card.
Can i give address of my relative who stays in Toronto? or it won't be allowed since its a different province...
Also, can i land and finish the landing process in Halifax and fly back immediately to Toronto for a day or two?
if someone can pls help with this....
1. Yes. In fact, you can even give that temporary address and update that later.

2. Yes.

tripone

May 17, 2016
Hi All,

Appreciate someone's help on a related question. I submitted my Permanent Residence application to CIC in Mar 2016. After submission, I’ve come to know that the validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Residence that CIC issues to an applicant, expires one year after the medical results for the applicant were received by CIC. I, along with my family got our medical examination done in Sep 2015 as we planned to apply then. We couldn’t apply due to incomplete documentation at that point. We applied in Mar 2016. Being unaware of the fact that the COPR validity expires one year after CIC receives the medical results, I submitted the same Sep 2015 medical results with my application. Now if my application processing takes beyond Sep 2016 and my medical results expire, I understand that CIC will ask me to get the medical tests redone. I’m more concerned about the scenario if CIC issues a COPR to me after the usual 4-6 month processing time i.e. around Sep 2016, I may not have enough time to plan my travel as the COPR will expire in Sep or Oct 2016.
Thus, I seek your advice on how to handle this situation. Please guide me on what should I do to mitigate this risk. Given the amount of effort and time it takes from an applicant’s side to furnish a PR application, it is extremely critical for me that I take proactive action in case I see a risk of rejection. So your advice will be highly appreciated in this case.

HarryDxb

Jan 20, 2016
Hi All,

I have a query and seeking a solution for the same. I have got my visa and CoPR and have to make a landing by October 2016. However, initially I just wish to make a landing by coming to Toronto for a day or so and would move to Canada permanently sometime later this year or next year when I have a dedicated job in hand. However, I need to give a Canadian mailing address to receive my PR card but I don't have any relatives in Canada at the moment.
So I wanted to ask if there are any reliable immigration service providers/lawyers/consultants who I can hire and who can receive my PR card on my behalf and courier to me. Has anyone else faced a similar issue before and what could be a workable solution?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tripone said:
Hi All,

Appreciate someone's help on a related question. I submitted my Permanent Residence application to CIC in Mar 2016. After submission, I’ve come to know that the validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Residence that CIC issues to an applicant, expires one year after the medical results for the applicant were received by CIC. I, along with my family got our medical examination done in Sep 2015 as we planned to apply then. We couldn’t apply due to incomplete documentation at that point. We applied in Mar 2016. Being unaware of the fact that the COPR validity expires one year after CIC receives the medical results, I submitted the same Sep 2015 medical results with my application. Now if my application processing takes beyond Sep 2016 and my medical results expire, I understand that CIC will ask me to get the medical tests redone. I’m more concerned about the scenario if CIC issues a COPR to me after the usual 4-6 month processing time i.e. around Sep 2016, I may not have enough time to plan my travel as the COPR will expire in Sep or Oct 2016.
Thus, I seek your advice on how to handle this situation. Please guide me on what should I do to mitigate this risk. Given the amount of effort and time it takes from an applicant’s side to furnish a PR application, it is extremely critical for me that I take proactive action in case I see a risk of rejection. So your advice will be highly appreciated in this case.
There are cases were the applicants were asked to redo the meds and others reported that they extended their current meds another year. I highly doubt that CIC will issue CoPRs that will expire in less than a reasonable amount of time for applicants to relocate to canada. Search for username Yelena, she had her meds extended.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HarryDxb said:
Hi All,

I have a query and seeking a solution for the same. I have got my visa and CoPR and have to make a landing by October 2016. However, initially I just wish to make a landing by coming to Toronto for a day or so and would move to Canada permanently sometime later this year or next year when I have a dedicated job in hand. However, I need to give a Canadian mailing address to receive my PR card but I don't have any relatives in Canada at the moment.
So I wanted to ask if there are any reliable immigration service providers/lawyers/consultants who I can hire and who can receive my PR card on my behalf and courier to me. Has anyone else faced a similar issue before and what could be a workable solution?
I highly doubt that there will be any agency that does that. You free to ask around.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HarryDxb said:
Hi All,

As far as I know, you can rent the UPS mailbox.

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
Hi guys
I just received my visa and copr.
Can any of the members help me with the number of documents that I need to carry with me to port of entry?
Thanks in advance guys.
Ashwani