+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after receiving CoPR and Visa ?

harshnewone

Sep 1, 2019
No idea what that blog post is talking about. Canada has no rule about not mailing your PR cards. Maybe he's talking about customs at some other country. I know that many people mail the cards and I haven't yet seen a case of someone having their cards seized at customs. Sure, it's possible I guess but not very likely.
i guess u r right, it wud have been an official statement i wud suppose if it was something not allowed
thanks for ur positive affirmations, they do help put my mind at ease!

i have been researching and came up with another question (to further people in general, not to put u on the spot to reply again @21Goose - u have helped so much already - although feel free to reply to this too please)
the canada pr page talks about declaring everything that i am bringing and everything i plan to bring in at a later date - does that mean if my current luggage on first arrival is nothing but clothes and in my "yet to bring in future" part contains all my collectibles - say my books/coin collection/thingamajig - thats something they even bother about?

infact, do i even have to mention what all i will bring in future? what if i tell at customs during the second time about things i am moving with? will they tally it with the first list i created for them?

from what i gathered from my conversation here, they just want to make sure immigrants bring stuff from "allowed category" (like no plants etc) and that i dont have to overthink about the phased planning of my luggage coming into canada

carefree

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Hi Friends

I have been issued COPR in Vancouver after landing interview on Thursday 22nd August, also received my PR Card at home in Canada . I am wondering how the dependents ( my family) who are in home country will be informed by CIC for passport request / stamp process? During interview the visa officer said that visa office will contact via email , phone etc to my family. But around 2 weeks passed so far and I have not got any information.......can anyone guide me how the process for my family is going to be? I haven't got any email/ request in my CIC account also.

I am inland EE PNP candidate AOR March 29, 2019

Anyone in same situation or has been with same situation Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Carefree

harshnewone

Sep 1, 2019
No idea what that blog post is talking about. Canada has no rule about not mailing your PR cards. Maybe he's talking about customs at some other country. I know that many people mail the cards and I haven't yet seen a case of someone having their cards seized at customs. Sure, it's possible I guess but not very likely.
further mention by other people what 21Goose was saying all along:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-pr-card-by-courier.472623/

Jaspreet.nz

Oct 29, 2019
Hi, I have finally received my PPR, my timeline is as below:

1. ITA Received - May 30 2019
2. Residency filed - 26 July 2019
3. Request for Biometrics- 14 August 2019
4. Biometrics Done- 22 August 2019
5. Request for RPRF - 22 August 2019
6. RPRF paid - 24 August 2019
7. Passport request with no conditions - 5 November 2019
8. Passport submitted - 19 November 2019 (In Auckland, New Zealand)
9. Got a confirmation that passport is at IRCC Sydney for processing - 20 November 2019

Just waiting for the passport now.

arn91

Apr 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

I got my COPR and passport and the COPR mentioned city of destination as Toronto. So I wanted to know if my Port Of Entry needs to be Toronto or can I enter through some other city ? Since I am currently residing in USA I would prefer to drive through Vancouver area, is that possible ? Can we drive through and do immigration at the USA-Canada Border or do I need to fly ?

Please let me know.

Thanks for the help.

arn91

Apr 17, 2019
Hello Friends,
Received Golden Email, then got the Passport stamped. Now, whats next ??
Current residence - USA, Nationality - India.

Today, I have received my passport with stamped COPR. I would like to have PR initialization asap.

1. If I go by Road, do I need to apply for tourist visa to get to borders and activate COPR? What documents would I require to do so?
During/ After stamping is approved, can I visit Canada or do I need to wait for the PR Card. I will be giving address of my colleague who resides in Canada.

2. If I go by flight, do I need transit visa or tourist visa?

In any case, what would be the list of documents, I need to carry. Also will I need to get new proof of funds and photographs? Will I need to take prior appointments at the Border (if by road). Do weekends work as well?

I just need to initiate my COPR asap. And start for the next process.

Thanks,
Did you drive through the border or fly there ? I have the same question.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
i guess u r right, it wud have been an official statement i wud suppose if it was something not allowed
thanks for ur positive affirmations, they do help put my mind at ease!

i have been researching and came up with another question (to further people in general, not to put u on the spot to reply again @21Goose - u have helped so much already - although feel free to reply to this too please)
the canada pr page talks about declaring everything that i am bringing and everything i plan to bring in at a later date - does that mean if my current luggage on first arrival is nothing but clothes and in my "yet to bring in future" part contains all my collectibles - say my books/coin collection/thingamajig - thats something they even bother about?

infact, do i even have to mention what all i will bring in future? what if i tell at customs during the second time about things i am moving with? will they tally it with the first list i created for them?

from what i gathered from my conversation here, they just want to make sure immigrants bring stuff from "allowed category" (like no plants etc) and that i dont have to overthink about the phased planning of my luggage coming into canada
You can bring anything allowed anytime you want. If you don’t want to pay import taxes, you have a list prepared that you take with you when you do your landing. Put everything on that list, even if you don’t plan to take it all in one go. You don’t have to bring all the goods at once. You can ship several times. The importance is to have that list done, stamped by customs, and taken care of.

Eli1001

Dec 11, 2019
hi

has anyone received COPR recently after Covid-19 lock down while living in Canada? i have received mine and it just asked to post 2 photos to one of their offices, nothing were mentioned about passport/visa/landing, so i just sent photos! any thoughts if i did the correct thing?