+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after receiving CoPR and Visa ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadka said:
So does the 1 year duration start from when the test was done, or when the IRCC sees it ?
The latter. Not a big difference though, probably a week or two at most.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadka said:
So does the 1 year duration start from when the test was done, or when the IRCC sees it ?
When the clinic uploads the results on eMedical. Usually after a week from performing the exam.

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Thanks guys.

So my Medical exam was conducted on 10th September 2015, however I remember I had to do an extra test on the same day because they found blood in my urine, and said it can take a few days to get its results.

My Visa and CoPR both mention the 4th October 2016 expiry date.

So with the above said, is it *absolutely safe* to assume that I just need to land there by 4th October 2016, or would it be better if I landed by 10th September 2016 ?

I want to delay going to Canada as much as possible to delay the start of 5 year rule as much as possible, however I don't want to risk my PR status by entering Canada too late. Hence the question.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadka said:
Thanks guys.

So my Medical exam was conducted on 10th September 2015, however I remember I had to do an extra test on the same day because they found blood in my urine, and said it can take a few days to get its results.

My Visa and CoPR both mention the 4th October 2016 expiry date.

So with the above said, is it *absolutely safe* to assume that I just need to land there by 4th October 2016, or would it be better if I landed by 10th September 2016 ?

I want to delay going to Canada as much as possible to delay the start of 5 year rule as much as possible, however I don't want to risk my PR status by entering Canada too late. Hence the question.
If your COPR is valid until 4 Oct, you can enter up until this date.

You can cross-check with the medical expiry, which is also listed on the COPR (section "Medical Details"). What does it say under "valid to"?

ahmadka

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
Doc's Request.
07-08-2015
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Dexmoody said:
If your COPR is valid until 4 Oct, you can enter up until this date.

You can cross-check with the medical expiry, which is also listed on the COPR (section "Medical Details"). What does it say under "valid to"?
It says 4th October 2016 there.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadka said:
It says 4th October 2016 there.
So there you go.

You've got a visa, a COPR and a medical that's valid until 4 Oct 2016.

You can land anytime before that date.

Oka

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Dexmoody said:
So there you go.

You've got a visa, a COPR and a medical that's valid until 4 Oct 2016.

You can land anytime before that date.
we Have CopR valid until 12 Aug 2016 to land.

I m planning to myself alone in Jun/Jul and planing for family in 1st week of Aug.
Will there be any objection at the border not coming with dependents which shown Copr.??

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oka said:

I m planning to myself alone in Jun/Jul and planing for family in 1st week of Aug.
Will there be any objection at the border not coming with dependents which shown Copr.??
No objections. Dependents can land later, but must land before the COPR expires.

Oka

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Dexmoody said:
No objections. Dependents can land later, but must land before the COPR expires.
Thanks and

Hi Asivad,

Thanks again for all your help,

i wanna ask you,

2. I ve opportunty from current employer India , in Canada region. So can i land in with my CoPR and join the job duties there legally??
Or Do i need to have complete PR card to accept that opportunity?

Thanks in Advance

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oka said:
Thanks and

Hi Asivad,

Thanks again for all your help,

i wanna ask you,

2. I ve opportunty from current employer India , in Canada region. So can i land in with my CoPR and join the job duties there legally??
Or Do i need to have complete PR card to accept that opportunity?

Thanks in Advance
You are a PR from the minute you land in Canada with your COPR. You will have full work rights and can take any job you want.

HarryDxb

Jan 20, 2016
Hi All, I recently got my immigrant visa and COPR with an expiry date of October 2016 and am planning to enter Canada by air.
The COPR mentions Totonto/Ontario as the port/province of entry. I am confused by this because I applied for the Federal immigration program and not the Ontario provincial program. Does this mean I can only enter and work in the Ontario province?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HarryDxb said:
Hi All, I recently got my immigrant visa and COPR with an expiry date of October 2016 and am planning to enter Canada by air.
The COPR mentions Totonto/Ontario as the port/province of entry. I am confused by this because I applied for the Federal immigration program and not the Ontario provincial program. Does this mean I can only enter and work in the Ontario province?
No. Tha simply reflects the choice you make while filling your application. You can show up at any PoE across Canada.

karachi-pakistan

Apr 12, 2016
Edmonton, AB, CA
This seems so relevant :)

I intend to make my first visit for just two weeks and make my permanent move later after a few months.

So on my first visit, can I show a bank statement, at the Port of Entry, having less than the minimum funds requirement if it is accompanied by confirmed return air ticket after two weeks (having enough funds for a two week visit?)