+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step by Step Process of Obtaining Hong Kong Police Clearance

Neeraj122222

Feb 20, 2021
Hi,

One update today in my express entry profile.
I received the letter from IRCC containing the two addresses and asking for HK PCC.
The Addresses given are:

Regular mail:
ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

Courier:
ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Now my problem is that I have already sent the courier with all the application forms, fingerprints, DD along with a cover letter with the Sydney CIO office. The address in my cover letter was the Courier address given above however I read somewhere that HK police sends the PCC via normal post.

How should I approach them to consider this latest IRCC letter and the addresses given on this letter?
They have given me another 60 days time so I have time. Should I courier this letter to them or call them or email them? What do you advise?

Thanks in advance.
Hi , I have just applied for Hongkong pcc by dhl. They received my courier on 16 feb ,2020. Is there a way we can get the receipt from Hongkong police.

Neeraj122222

Feb 20, 2021
Hi , I have just applied for Hongkong pcc by dhl. They received my courier on 16 feb ,2020. Is there a way we can get the receipt from Hongkong police because we need to upload the receipt and a letter explaining that Hongkong police will send it directly to ircc.

can someone please reply. Thank you !!!

ashe004

Oct 8, 2020
Hi,
I received a request letter from CIC today. I got my fingerprint done in a police office Calgary. I am going to fill the form tonight and send it by Fedex or DHL tomorrow. I wanna know how can I schedule a Fedex/DHL pickup once they issue the police clearance for me? since I don't trust canada post and hk post, and also, everything is slow due to COVID

vikram1$2$

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi,
I received a request letter from CIC today. I got my fingerprint done in a police office Calgary. I am going to fill the form tonight and send it by Fedex or DHL tomorrow. I wanna know how can I schedule a Fedex/DHL pickup once they issue the police clearance for me? since I don't trust canada post and hk post, and also, everything is slow due to COVID
Please be noted that the HK Police sends CNCC/PCC directly to IRCC by registered mail.

vikram1$2$

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi , I have just applied for Hongkong pcc by dhl. They received my courier on 16 feb ,2020. Is there a way we can get the receipt from Hongkong police.
As HK police has already received your courier, I suggest waiting for at least 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, send them an e-mail everyday (at least for 5-7 days) to know the status of your application.

kiranzya

Mar 16, 2021
Hey,
I am going through the same process. Im in Vancouver right now, i have been told to obtain a police clearance from hong kong. Is IRCC going to issue the letter by themselves or do I have to request it? And also about the fingerprints, i called the police station they said they can’t do ink fingerprints cause of covid and they only do electronic which are sent to Ottawa for canadian police check. Can i go to a RCMP accredited commissionaire for fingerprints?
Looking forward to hear back
I'm also from Vancouver and just received my ITA. What did you end up doing?

Madi6

Apr 9, 2021
Hi All,

I have received a letter from CIC asking for HK police certificate. I have gone over the process and I have a few questions. I would appreciate it if you could help me with them.
1. To get fingerprints, can we get them from the Commissionaires offices in Ontario?
2. From which banks in Canada we can take drafts that could be payable in HK?
3. Is there a way that we can make the process faster like buying the return post label?

Thanks in advance for your help

Neeraj122222

Feb 20, 2021
Hi All,

I have received a letter from CIC asking for HK police certificate. I have gone over the process and I have a few questions. I would appreciate it if you could help me with them.
1. To get fingerprints, can we get them from the Commissionaires offices in Ontario?
2. From which banks in Canada we can take drafts that could be payable in HK?
3. Is there a way that we can make the process faster like buying the return post label?

Thanks in advance for your help
I did my fingerprints from rcmp. RBC can make draft payable in Hongkong dollars. There is no way to make process faster. Now a days Hongkong police is sending the letter to consulate in Hongkong not to Canada address. After Hongkong police receive my documents , it took 35 days to get a acknowledgement from cic.

Reactions: wyzhang

Madi6

Apr 9, 2021
I did my fingerprints from rcmp. RBC can make draft payable in Hongkong dollars. There is no way to make process faster. Now a days Hongkong police is sending the letter to consulate in Hongkong not to Canada address. After Hongkong police receive my documents , it took 35 days to get a acknowledgement from cic.
Thanks a lot Neeraj

Rash12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Has anyone received PPR yet? how long did it take after the police clearance certificate from Hong Kong??