+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step by Step Process of Obtaining Hong Kong Police Clearance

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All,

I received the ITA from IRCC to apply for PR through Express Entry.
One of the document required is HK police clearance certificate. I have searched several forums here and got the process however every answer started from the point where applicant has obtained the letter from IRCC asking for HK PCC.
I have below questions:
1. My question is how to apply for that letter from IRCC asking that they require HK PCC so that I can send it to Hong Kong along with the application form and my finger prints.

2. I have also booked an appoitment with canadafingerprintagency.ca for the same. Does anyone know that they can help me with end to end process? I dont know anything about PCC process for Hong Kong.
I have gone through the instructions on:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/hong-kong.html
and
https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html
The instructions on both does not explain how will I obtain the request letter from IRCC

3. One last question:
I read on below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/hong-kong.html
Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence? No. We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send us your application for permanent residence.
Does that mean I will get the request letter from IRCC only when I submit my PR application? If Yes, then how, because HK PCC is one of the mandatory document and marked as required. Will it allow me to submit the application without PCC?

Thanks in advance.

elvaxiaobai

Jul 27, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
16-11-2019
following this post for future ref

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi All,

I received the ITA from IRCC to apply for PR through Express Entry.
One of the document required is HK police clearance certificate. I have searched several forums here and got the process however every answer started from the point where applicant has obtained the letter from IRCC asking for HK PCC.
I have below questions:
1. My question is how to apply for that letter from IRCC asking that they require HK PCC so that I can send it to Hong Kong along with the application form and my finger prints.

2. I have also booked an appoitment with canadafingerprintagency.ca for the same. Does anyone know that they can help me with end to end process? I dont know anything about PCC process for Hong Kong.
I have gone through the instructions on:
and
https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html
The instructions on both does not explain how will I obtain the request letter from IRCC

3. One last question:
I read on below link:
Do I need to provide a police certificate with my application for permanent residence? No. We’ll send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send us your application for permanent residence.
Does that mean I will get the request letter from IRCC only when I submit my PR application? If Yes, then how, because HK PCC is one of the mandatory document and marked as required. Will it allow me to submit the application without PCC?

Thanks in advance.

You don't. IRCC will send you the letter online to request the HK Police Certificate. Usually after the medical passed. (1-2 months later)

Fingerprint agency will only get your fingerprint done, you need to fill out the HK CNCC form by yourself and mail to HK by yourself

3. One last question:

Just upload a LOE and explain HK Police Force require an letter from IRCC first, it is just a system bug.

One last thing from me, you know HK is experiencing a hard time at the moment and it may take longer than usual to obtain the PCC...not a good time to get in touch anyway lol but you will get it eventually.

Reactions: shashibhushan86

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019

You don't. IRCC will send you the letter online to request the HK Police Certificate. Usually after the medical passed. (1-2 months later)

Fingerprint agency will only get your fingerprint done, you need to fill out the HK CNCC form by yourself and mail to HK by yourself

3. One last question:

Just upload a LOE and explain HK Police Force require an letter from IRCC first, it is just a system bug.

One last thing from me, you know HK is experiencing a hard time at the moment and it may take longer than usual to obtain the PCC...not a good time to get in touch anyway lol but you will get it eventually.

Thank you so much for the reply. You made a lot of points clear and was a huge help.
Just to make sure about the steps:
1. I can just upload a letter of explanation saying that HK police needs a letter from IRCC in the HK PCC section and submit my PR application
2. Wait for 1-2 months.
3. Once IRCC review the application, they will send me the letter that I need to send to HK police along with my Finger Prints and necessary application forms
4. Wait for HK Police to send it directly to CIC.
5. If everything is ok then I will receive the PR approval

Kindly verify above steps are ok, If yes, then I think i am in a safe position to submit my PR application and let them do the rest.

Thanks a ton in advance.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Thank you so much for the reply. You made a lot of points clear and was a huge help.
Just to make sure about the steps:
1. I can just upload a letter of explanation saying that HK police needs a letter from IRCC in the HK PCC section and submit my PR application
2. Wait for 1-2 months.
3. Once IRCC review the application, they will send me the letter that I need to send to HK police along with my Finger Prints and necessary application forms
4. Wait for HK Police to send it directly to CIC.
5. If everything is ok then I will receive the PR approval

Kindly verify above steps are ok, If yes, then I think i am in a safe position to submit my PR application and let them do the rest.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Yes correct, I also attached a "how to obtain..." screenshot from CIC website in case a new agent doesn't know what I am talking about lol

CIC will send you the additional document request later and you can upload a PCC receipt from HK police to prove you already applied

and then just wait....a long wait

Good luck!

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
Yes correct, I also attached a "how to obtain..." screenshot from CIC website in case a new agent doesn't know what I am talking about lol

CIC will send you the additional document request later and you can upload a PCC receipt from HK police to prove you already applied

and then just wait....a long wait

Good luck!

Thank you so much.
I guess this thread can be very useful for everyone who needs HK Police clearance.
Very clear and precise steps. I have got my fingerprints done today :D

Reactions: nellerama

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019

3. One last question:

Hi a16107,

Following up on your first reply, I am into some confusion again and would appreciate any help on this.
I recently received a demand letter from IRCC uploaded to my express entry profile.
The letter contents are given below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Shashi Bhushan,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
 Police Certificate: Please submit a police certificate from Hong Kong. Please refer to the CIC website (How to Get a Police Certificate). You will find the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by March 2nd, 2020
Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 60 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected for being incomplete.
NO OTHER REMINDER WILL BE SENT TO YOU
If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must upload the original documents to MyCIC. We do not accept copies signed by notaries.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our web site at: http://www.canada.ca/immigration.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,
www.canada.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my question is, this letter does not contain IRCC address. What should I do now? HK police website says they require a demand letter with address on it.

I called IRCC today and asked them to re issue a letter with the address on it and they said that they will not issue me a letter however I will have to obtain a letter from Canadian Consulate General as per their website (Third point below):
Information and documents you need
  • Completed application form
  • Your Hong Kong identity card or valid travel document
  • The original letter from the Canadian Consulate General requesting a police certificate
  • The original and a photocopy of the documents proving your relationship with the Principal Applicant for the visa application if the letter from the Canadian Consulate General does not contain your name (for dependents of the Principal Applicant only)
  • Fingerprints will be taken at the time of application
  • Applicable fees
If this is the case, then how to contact Canadian Consulate General? Who are they?
Please help, I could not find any information even on google.

Thanks in advance !

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi a16107,

Following up on your first reply, I am into some confusion again and would appreciate any help on this.
I recently received a demand letter from IRCC uploaded to my express entry profile.
The letter contents are given below:

Dear Shashi Bhushan,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:
 Police Certificate: Please submit a police certificate from Hong Kong. Please refer to the CIC website (How to Get a Police Certificate). You will find the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by March 2nd, 2020
Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 60 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected for being incomplete.
NO OTHER REMINDER WILL BE SENT TO YOU
If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must upload the original documents to MyCIC. We do not accept copies signed by notaries.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our web site at: http://www.canada.ca/immigration.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,
www.canada.ca

Now my question is, this letter does not contain IRCC address. What should I do now? HK police website says they require a demand letter with address on it.

I called IRCC today and asked them to re issue a letter with the address on it and they said that they will not issue me a letter however I will have to obtain a letter from Canadian Consulate General as per their website (Third point below):
Information and documents you need
  • Completed application form
  • Your Hong Kong identity card or valid travel document
  • The original letter from the Canadian Consulate General requesting a police certificate
  • The original and a photocopy of the documents proving your relationship with the Principal Applicant for the visa application if the letter from the Canadian Consulate General does not contain your name (for dependents of the Principal Applicant only)
  • Fingerprints will be taken at the time of application
  • Applicable fees
If this is the case, then how to contact Canadian Consulate General? Who are they?
Please help, I could not find any information even on google.

Thanks in advance !
For that, I think you better call again or raise a webform to IRCC...they don't have to issue a new letter but give you the mailing address

I am inland Canada applicant so I can mail to Canadian Visa office but your case seems different than mine (Canadian Consulate General)

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
For that, I think you better call again or raise a webform to IRCC...they don't have to issue a new letter but give you the mailing address

I am inland Canada applicant so I can mail to Canadian Visa office but your case seems different than mine (Canadian Consulate General)
Thank you. I saw your other reply as well. I am also an inland applicant. I am in Toronto. Can you help me with the process of asking for the address. I have submitted a web form request for a demand letter with address already. What else should I do?

Thanks

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Thank you. I saw your other reply as well. I am also an inland applicant. I am in Toronto. Can you help me with the process of asking for the address. I have submitted a web form request for a demand letter with address already. What else should I do?

Thanks
I just called IRCC and they gave me the Sydney CIO address...and it appeared the same as other people here.

However, I don't understand what they mean by obtain a letter from Canadian Consulate General ?? Try to call again and ask them where exactly the letter send to....wait for a webform reply and get a written confirmation

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
I just called IRCC and they gave me the Sydney CIO address...and it appeared the same as other people here.

However, I don't understand what they mean by obtain a letter from Canadian Consulate General ?? Try to call again and ask them where exactly the letter send to....wait for a webform reply and get a written confirmation

Thank you so much for showing me the way :)

I called IRCC and they gave me my case processing center (CIO) address as below:
Centralized Intake Office - Sydney (CIO), Nova Scotia
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Is this the same address you also received?

Also, would you be willing to connect over whatsapp?

Thanks & Regards,
Shashi

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Thank you so much for showing me the way :)

I called IRCC and they gave me my case processing center (CIO) address as below:
Centralized Intake Office - Sydney (CIO), Nova Scotia
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Is this the same address you also received?

Also, would you be willing to connect over whatsapp? My number is: +1 437 488 1678

Thanks & Regards,
Shashi
Nice and yes...also be prepare your application will take more than 6 months at Sydney CIO (well known its slowness)

it takes 8 months for me to get PPR today and most of the people take 8-10 months from Sydney CIO

You can message me here if you have question, I will receive it :)

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
Hi a16107,

Please can you help me on where I can get a demand draft of HK$ 225 made in favour of "The Government of the HK SAR" payble in hong kong in Canada ?
I have account in Scotiabank and they said that they cannot issue me that draft. Which bank can I go to get this done ?

Thanks in advance.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi a16107,

Please can you help me on where I can get a demand draft of HK$ 225 made in favour of "The Government of the HK SAR" payble in hong kong in Canada ?
I have account in Scotiabank and they said that they cannot issue me that draft. Which bank can I go to get this done ?

Thanks in advance.
they should?? I got mine from rbc