+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step by Step Process of Obtaining Hong Kong Police Clearance

ashe004

Oct 8, 2020
Hello, I got a reply from the HK police force. They told me my document is sent to the consulate in Hong Kong on April 9th. I've not heard any updates from IRCC...:( However, my profile status changed from "your action is requested" to "submitted". I am wondering if it means they receive my police clearance from the HK police?

I cannot update any document on my EE profile as well.

Rash12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Hi All,

I have received a letter from CIC asking for HK police certificate. I have gone over the process and I have a few questions. I would appreciate it if you could help me with them.
1. To get fingerprints, can we get them from the Commissionaires offices in Ontario?
2. From which banks in Canada we can take drafts that could be payable in HK?
3. Is there a way that we can make the process faster like buying the return post label?

Thanks in advance for your help
Hey, did you use a commissionaire ?

Rash12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Hey! What did you end up doing? I got my letter and now I'm not sure where to go, since RCMP stopped doing ink fingerprints....
hey. I went to a RCMP accredited commissionaire. They gave me a letter that has to be submitted with the fingerprints.

Reactions: kiranzya

Doraemons

Star Member
May 23, 2020
Hello, I got a reply from the HK police force. They told me my document is sent to the consulate in Hong Kong on April 9th. I've not heard any updates from IRCC...:( However, my profile status changed from "your action is requested" to "submitted". I am wondering if it means they receive my police clearance from the HK police?

I cannot update any document on my EE profile as well.
I have my police certificate mailed to the Sydney CIO, document delivered on 13 Jan, nothing for 4 months, nothing changed on the portal. Last week, got an email saying they have lost my police certificate....now I was told that they are mailing it to the Consulate in Hong Kong. Just call IRCC and get a confirmation.

Reactions: wyzhang and ashe004

kiranzya

Mar 16, 2021
Am I supposed to upload a receipt of the CNCC application or will the HK Canadian Consulate submit my PCC to IRCC and the portal will update itself? The consulate received my police certificate and it has been weeks but my application still has not changed (still "your action is required")...

vikram1$2$

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Am I supposed to upload a receipt of the CNCC application or will the HK Canadian Consulate submit my PCC to IRCC and the portal will update itself? The consulate received my police certificate and it has been weeks but my application still has not changed (still "your action is required")...
In the action required tab ,you need to upload a receipt with the letter explaining CNCC will be directly mailed by HK police to IRCC/consulate. Once the CNCC is received and reviewed by IRCC/consulate, the CIC portal will update automatically.

kiranzya

Mar 16, 2021
In the action required tab ,you need to upload a receipt with the letter explaining CNCC will be directly mailed by HK police to IRCC/consulate. Once the CNCC is received and reviewed by IRCC/consulate, the CIC portal will update automatically.
Thank you so much!

tsorenca17

Apr 15, 2021
Hi guys,
Just wondering how did you upload the receipt from HKPF in your EE profile?
Before uploading a LOE, they request information like doc No., issued date, expired date, etc which I have no access to (since the HKPF sent the police certificate directly to the Consulate General of Canada, Hong Kong)

I raised a webform and the agent told me that they have received my police certificate however the current status is still "your action is required".

Thanks,

kiranzya

Mar 16, 2021
Hi guys,
Just wondering how did you upload the receipt from HKPF in your EE profile?
Before uploading a LOE, they request information like doc No., issued date, expired date, etc which I have no access to (since the HKPF sent the police certificate directly to the Consulate General of Canada, Hong Kong)

I raised a webform and the agent told me that they have received my police certificate however the current status is still "your action is required".

Thanks,
For doc. no, i wrote the CNCC Reference No. that was found on the receipt. Issued date I put the day it was sent out to the consulate (u can call CNCC to ask for this information) and expiry date I put the furthest day I could choose because CNCC does not have an expiry date. I also write on my LOE that since HKPF sent it directly to Canadian Consualte, I am unsure of the exact date/document number and only put down what I know (which is the reference number).

Once you upload the recepit and LOE, your status will be changed to 'submitted'. May I ask when was your CNCC issued?

tsorenca17

Apr 15, 2021
For doc. no, i wrote the CNCC Reference No. that was found on the receipt. Issued date I put the day it was sent out to the consulate (u can call CNCC to ask for this information) and expiry date I put the furthest day I could choose because CNCC does not have an expiry date. I also write on my LOE that since HKPF sent it directly to Canadian Consualte, I am unsure of the exact date/document number and only put down what I know (which is the reference number).

Once you upload the recepit and LOE, your status will be changed to 'submitted'. May I ask when was your CNCC issued?
thanks mate you are very helpful
mine was sent out by HKPF on May 31st and IRCC agent confirms it has been received by the corresponding office
however so far no update in the system

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
Hi Everyone, I was searching the whole forum and found lots of information on different threads but still unclear about the process of getting CNCC from Hong Kong Police from Toronto.
  • I had submitted the CNCC with my work permit in June-2019 so I believe CIC still still ask for the new CNCC cert when reviewing our PR application
  • Any idea how did you provided fingerprints (accepted by HK Police)? I submitted our PR application in mid-May and still waiting for the update so would like to prepare all documents (applications + fingerprints) and send them to my family member in Hong Kong who can submit/pay the required fees once I got a letter from the CIC. I have booked the appointment using my HKID number and the next available date is on 7th July even though not sure if I will get a letter from CIC beforehand. Any specific documents needed?
  • Is there any other process we can do before CIC asks for it?
  • I have seen CIC sending letters without the address where the certificate need to be sent out. HK Police only send them to the Canadian consulate in HK so not sure if we still need to arrange the pickup? Do we always need to request via the webform?
  • What's the fastest way to send the documents from Canada to Hong Kong?
  • Any other suggestion or recommendations
Thanks everyone for your support.