+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step by Step Process of Obtaining Hong Kong Police Clearance

vikram1$2$

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi Everyone, I was searching the whole forum and found lots of information on different threads but still unclear about the process of getting CNCC from Hong Kong Police from Toronto.
  • I had submitted the CNCC with my work permit in June-2019 so I believe CIC still still ask for the new CNCC cert when reviewing our PR application
  • Any idea how did you provided fingerprints (accepted by HK Police)? I submitted our PR application in mid-May and still waiting for the update so would like to prepare all documents (applications + fingerprints) and send them to my family member in Hong Kong who can submit/pay the required fees once I got a letter from the CIC. I have booked the appointment using my HKID number and the next available date is on 7th July even though not sure if I will get a letter from CIC beforehand. Any specific documents needed?
  • Is there any other process we can do before CIC asks for it?
  • I have seen CIC sending letters without the address where the certificate need to be sent out. HK Police only send them to the Canadian consulate in HK so not sure if we still need to arrange the pickup? Do we always need to request via the webform?
  • What's the fastest way to send the documents from Canada to Hong Kong?
  • Any other suggestion or recommendations
Thanks everyone for your support.
1-Yes, CIC will request CNCC again though you had submitted CNCC for your work permit.
2-Use any RCMP accredited fingerprinting agency . I suggest do not initiate CNCC process until you receive a request letter from CIC. To send fingerprints to HK , you could use FedEx or any other courier services provided they will deliver the document to hk in 3-4 days.( FedEx delivered my documents in 3 days to my friend address in HK.
3-There is nothing you can do except waiting for CIC request letter.
4- Most of the time CIC will send the letter request with address details , so don’t stress out for an anomaly.
5- As mentioned , FedEx delivered my documents in 3 days. It’s bit expensive though.
6- In my case, it took 4 months to deliver CNCC to CIC but my application was still approved in 5 months. Have faith , everything will be ok. It’s just a matter of time .
For details of my PR process refer signature.

kiranzya

Mar 16, 2021
Hi Everyone, I was searching the whole forum and found lots of information on different threads but still unclear about the process of getting CNCC from Hong Kong Police from Toronto.
  • I had submitted the CNCC with my work permit in June-2019 so I believe CIC still still ask for the new CNCC cert when reviewing our PR application
  • Any idea how did you provided fingerprints (accepted by HK Police)? I submitted our PR application in mid-May and still waiting for the update so would like to prepare all documents (applications + fingerprints) and send them to my family member in Hong Kong who can submit/pay the required fees once I got a letter from the CIC. I have booked the appointment using my HKID number and the next available date is on 7th July even though not sure if I will get a letter from CIC beforehand. Any specific documents needed?
  • Is there any other process we can do before CIC asks for it?
  • I have seen CIC sending letters without the address where the certificate need to be sent out. HK Police only send them to the Canadian consulate in HK so not sure if we still need to arrange the pickup? Do we always need to request via the webform?
  • What's the fastest way to send the documents from Canada to Hong Kong?
  • Any other suggestion or recommendations
Thanks everyone for your support.
I'll try to answer your questions based on my personal experience so take it with a grain of salt, it has worked for me and hopefully will work for you as well!

1. I applied from BC, and the police stopped doing ink fingerprints due to covid, so they redirected me to a commisionaire/RCMP accredited fingerprinting company. When I went there I told them I was applying for a Hong Kong Police Certificate and they knew what to do.
2. When your family member goes to submit your CNCC application, they your fingerprints, the letter from IRCC and all other forms listed on the CNCC website. Please go to the website and find the document checklist.
3. Nothing you can do before IRCC asks for it, when they requested my police certificate, the letter came with the address for HKPF to send the CNCC to (Canadian Consulate). If you don't have an address on your letter, you should give IRCC a call (fastest) or raise a webform. I have heard that they are ONLY sending it to the consulate now, so no point arranging pick up as your CNCC will arrive in ~3 days anyway.
3. I used UPS, it was the fastest option and cheaper than other companies like DHL or Fedex. UPS took 2.5 days to deliver my documents from Canada to my family in HK, who then submitted the CNCC application on my behalf. You may also use Canada Post and it is much cheaper, but there is no delivery guarantee so I wouldn't recommend it.

My timeline:
AOR: March 31, PCC Request Letter by IRCC: May 4, CNCC Application Submitted: May 11, CNCC Issued by HKPF: May 27, Arrived at Consulate: May 31. No updates since.

Reactions: Rash12

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
1-Yes, CIC will request CNCC again though you had submitted CNCC for your work permit.
2-Use any RCMP accredited fingerprinting agency . I suggest do not initiate CNCC process until you receive a request letter from CIC. To send fingerprints to HK , you could use FedEx or any other courier services provided they will deliver the document to hk in 3-4 days.( FedEx delivered my documents in 3 days to my friend address in HK.
3-There is nothing you can do except waiting for CIC request letter.
4- Most of the time CIC will send the letter request with address details , so don’t stress out for an anomaly.
5- As mentioned , FedEx delivered my documents in 3 days. It’s bit expensive though.
6- In my case, it took 4 months to deliver CNCC to CIC but my application was still approved in 5 months. Have faith , everything will be ok. It’s just a matter of time .
For details of my PR process refer signature.
Thank you so much for your response Vikram. Just curious to know why you don't recommend initiating the CNCC process (like fingerprints and sending files to my family in HK)? This might save some time. When I got the letter from CIC then I can just send them the digital copy, they can print and submit all at once.

I'll try to answer your questions based on my personal experience so take it with a grain of salt, it has worked for me and hopefully will work for you as well!

1. I applied from BC, and the police stopped doing ink fingerprints due to covid, so they redirected me to a commisionaire/RCMP accredited fingerprinting company. When I went there I told them I was applying for a Hong Kong Police Certificate and they knew what to do.
2. When your family member goes to submit your CNCC application, they your fingerprints, the letter from IRCC and all other forms listed on the CNCC website. Please go to the website and find the document checklist.
3. Nothing you can do before IRCC asks for it, when they requested my police certificate, the letter came with the address for HKPF to send the CNCC to (Canadian Consulate). If you don't have an address on your letter, you should give IRCC a call (fastest) or raise a webform. I have heard that they are ONLY sending it to the consulate now, so no point arranging pick up as your CNCC will arrive in ~3 days anyway.
3. I used UPS, it was the fastest option and cheaper than other companies like DHL or Fedex. UPS took 2.5 days to deliver my documents from Canada to my family in HK, who then submitted the CNCC application on my behalf. You may also use Canada Post and it is much cheaper, but there is no delivery guarantee so I wouldn't recommend it.

My timeline:
AOR: March 31, PCC Request Letter by IRCC: May 4, CNCC Application Submitted: May 11, CNCC Issued by HKPF: May 27, Arrived at Consulate: May 31. No updates since.
Thank for your reply Kiranzya.

Can both of you please share which agency you use for the fingerprints? I was searching online and found few but still not sure if those are accepted by HK Police.
https://nationalpardon.org/fingerprinting-toronto/
https://commissionaires.ca/en/great-lakes-gta-london-barrie/offices
https://www.canadianfingerprints.com/
https://www.canadianfingerprints.com/contact-us

Any idea if RCMP still providing fingerprint services that can be used for CNCC?

Out of the topic, should we still need to wait for CIC letter in case if we need to provide Canadian police report RCMP?

Much appreciated a support from you guys. Thanks once again

kiranzya

Mar 16, 2021
Thank you so much for your response Vikram. Just curious to know why you don't recommend initiating the CNCC process (like fingerprints and sending files to my family in HK)? This might save some time. When I got the letter from CIC then I can just send them the digital copy, they can print and submit all at once.

Thank for your reply Kiranzya.

Can both of you please share which agency you use for the fingerprints? I was searching online and found few but still not sure if those are accepted by HK Police.
https://nationalpardon.org/fingerprinting-toronto/
https://commissionaires.ca/en/great-lakes-gta-london-barrie/offices
https://www.canadianfingerprints.com/
https://www.canadianfingerprints.com/contact-us

Any idea if RCMP still providing fingerprint services that can be used for CNCC?

Out of the topic, should we still need to wait for CIC letter in case if we need to provide Canadian police report RCMP?

Much appreciated a support from you guys. Thanks once again
I used commissionares. They gave me a photocopy of a letter from RCMP to include with my fingerprints to say that this fingerprinting agency is RCMP accredited. However, as the letter was issued in 2009 (With no expiry date), the HK police did not accept the letter. However, they accepted the fingerprints anyway and processed my CNCC.

I would wait for the letter from IRCC first before I do anything, just incase things change. I completely understand where you are coming from, but it may be odd if your fingerprints and forms were dated weeks/months before the IRCC issued letter and they may question if you've used the fingerprints for another application/or if it is the most updated - just a random scenario tho, im sure it will be ok, dont stress!

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
I used commissionares. They gave me a photocopy of a letter from RCMP to include with my fingerprints to say that this fingerprinting agency is RCMP accredited. However, as the letter was issued in 2009 (With no expiry date), the HK police did not accept the letter. However, they accepted the fingerprints anyway and processed my CNCC.

I would wait for the letter from IRCC first before I do anything, just incase things change. I completely understand where you are coming from, but it may be odd if your fingerprints and forms were dated weeks/months before the IRCC issued letter and they may question if you've used the fingerprints for another application/or if it is the most updated - just a random scenario tho, im sure it will be ok, dont stress!
Understood and totally make sense now. Thanks once again for your support.

OINP-SE

Aug 31, 2020
My timeline:
Has IRCC received your CNCC now? It seems it take a long time for the Canadian Consulate to process it.

Rash12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Mine still says not applicable. It has been that way since i was asked to submit hkpcc. But they confirmed they received it when i called.

kiranzya

Mar 16, 2021
Mine still says not applicable. It has been that way since i was asked to submit hkpcc. But they confirmed they received it when i called.
What time did you call them? I can never get through and it is always 'we cannot transfer your call right now'...

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
Hi everyone, any idea how long HK Police takes to issue CNCC? I applied on 2nd July and when I called them last Friday, they were saying still being processed, so I was just wondering what's the average time? Just wanted to know before I call them again or check with IRCC. Thanks

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
Hi everyone, any idea how long HK Police takes to issue CNCC? I applied on 2nd July and when I called them last Friday, they were saying still being processed, so I was just wondering what's the average time? Just wanted to know before I call them again or check with IRCC. Thanks
Finally, HK Police sent the cert after 18 days.

Reactions: mike24531

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
It's been almost a week since HK Police sent out the PCC via the registered mail (normally on average the delivery time for the local registered mail is around 2 days) and when I call IRCC this morning, they told me that they haven't received by PCC yet so just wondering if this is due to them of delivery to the consulate but not uploading on the IRCC website. Do you guys have any experience with this? Thanks

mike24531

Apr 9, 2021
It's been almost a week since HK Police sent out the PCC via the registered mail (normally on average the delivery time for the local registered mail is around 2 days) and when I call IRCC this morning, they told me that they haven't received by PCC yet so just wondering if this is due to them of delivery to the consulate but not uploading on the IRCC website. Do you guys have any experience with this? Thanks
Did the IRCC finally update your file with the NCC, and if so, how long did it take?

I just got confirmation from the HK Police Department that they sent my NCC to the Consulate last week, and I tracked via the HK Post website that it was delivered yesterday, so wondering how long they are taking these days to upload the NCC to their system. Thanks!

surajbgl

Jun 1, 2021
Did the IRCC finally update your file with the NCC, and if so, how long did it take?

I just got confirmation from the HK Police Department that they sent my NCC to the Consulate last week, and I tracked via the HK Post website that it was delivered yesterday, so wondering how long they are taking these days to upload the NCC to their system. Thanks!
Yes, it took around 2 weeks to finalize the NCC and clear my background once it was delivered to the Consulate.

Reactions: mike24531