+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

AMIR001

Dec 23, 2018
I applied for the work permit while in Canada as a business visitor. The processing was pretty quick, a few days to receive acknowledgement. Then I went to the Canada/US border to get the work permit there through a process called "flag poling". It seems I'll need to do this again when I receive my COPR.
Hi Tugi, I just wondering to know that this work permit which is through your start-up is what kind of work permit. I mean do you have to work with it about your program? or do you have to work wherever you want (open work permit) or Is it formalities just to secure your stay in canada without working? And, If you apply for it can your sponse get it as well or not? and do you have to be in Canada or you can spend half of the year outside?

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Hello Soheilhs,

There's no saying what's going on behind the scenes till you review your second set of GCMS notes. My hypothesis is that the pre-arrival letter was triggered by eligibility pass - which means that the officer completed assessing the commitment certificate, the IELTS score and the POF - the step after R10/AOR. However, your online profile will continue to display "we are reviewing your eligibility" ( same for the background check) until you receive the COPR..
Hi Mauchan

As you said the pre-arrival was triggered by eligibility pass. I notified it when I talked to an IRCC Agent.

couple weeks after pre-arrival email we received Medical Request and a day after background status changed to what people in this forum says "IP2" .

What do you think about BG check timeline in this stage ? how do we now whether we are subjected for SS or just a routine security ? my app submitted in Feb 2018

Reactions: Mauchan

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
What do you think about BG check timeline in this stage ?
Hi Soheilhs,

Based on a few SUV applicants I've interacted with, a normal BG check is completed within 1 - 2 months. If there are additional document requests then it might take a while longer.

Have no idea about the SS part. It depends on what parameters IRCC use to decide how your application is assessed.

Last edited:
Reactions: soheilhs

tugi

Dec 8, 2018
Hi Tugi, I just wondering to know that this work permit which is through your start-up is what kind of work permit. I mean do you have to work with it about your program? or do you have to work wherever you want (open work permit) or Is it formalities just to secure your stay in canada without working? And, If you apply for it can your sponse get it as well or not? and do you have to be in Canada or you can spend half of the year outside?
Hi Amir, my startup visa work permit allows me to only work for my company, so I can't be employed for any other company directly. My spouse got an open work permit though, so she can choose any employer. I'm not aware of a time requirement for being present in Canada, and I do know a couple of other entrepreneurs who've spent most of their time outside Canada even though they have work permits. Detailed reading here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html#6.5

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
so after the medical have been reveived, my case is backgroud check.how long that will be takes? thanks
HAVE you been requested Updated Schedule A and PCC by any chance ? No update since you BG changed to in process?

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
HAVE you been requested Updated Schedule A and PCC by any chance ? No update since you BG changed to in process?
Nothing new since the " we are processing your background check" I think my PCC still in vaild date but will be expired by Feb 2019 :( .what's your status my friend?

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Nothing new since the " we are processing your background check" I think my PCC still in vaild date but will be expired by Feb 2019 :( .what's your status my friend?
my status is " I am furious and tired of such unfair and crazy process indeed " ;)

but the application status :

IP2 - BACKGROUND IN PROCESS
I Gave medical 10 days ago. now the ***hole physician said your xray is suspicious come for another test .
Officer asked me new PCC. I provided to them but there is no response from their side or even auto reply that you know whether they received it or not.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
the same as you ! the latest update was also on Dec 2018, medical passed and BG check in process. it's been month.looks like we are on the same boat. are you inland or outland? where you come frm?
I am essential member currently on WP . applie inland. one of our team applied outland but our timeline is exactly same.

AMIR001

Dec 23, 2018
Hi guys, My agent called my dad yesterday and she said that in the March my dad who is the main applicant should go to some classes in the York University. Do you have any experience or idea about that?

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Hi guys, My agent called my dad yesterday and she said that in the March my dad who is the main applicant should go to some classes in the York University. Do you have any experience or idea about that?
Hello Amir.

I assume you are at the beginning of the process ( not yet obtained the letter of support ) and contracted with a lawyer and I think before they give you letter of Support and commitment certificate they required your father to participate in some program which probably is incubator/accelerator program. usually takes couple of weeks and you have to pay $ for it. ( or you paid already to the lawyer as a part of contract ) .

So your father has to participate actively in the program until you meet the incubator criteria and obtain the letter of support.
I wish you the best in this journey

Reactions: stc121

AMIR001

Dec 23, 2018
Thank you so much Soheil,

Do you have any idea about the amount of time that it takes to get the letter of support after those classes?

Also, After receiving letter of support how long normally takes to get the notice to do the medicals and police certificate to become PR?

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Thank you so much Soheil,

Do you have any idea about the amount of time that it takes to get the letter of support after those classes?

Also, After receiving letter of support how long normally takes to get the notice to do the medicals and police certificate to become PR?
Well I dont know what story is between you and DE and also the lawyer. So I can not help in this matter. Even it could be possible that they do not give you a letter of support. Its really a complicated process.

However as soon as you received CC and lettet of support , you can apply ( you also need clb 5 + POF ) .

Once you received the AOR the first step is eligibility. If you pass the eligibility the rest is medical and background check.

PCC must be submit along with all other supporting document at the time of submission.

All the best

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
I am essential member currently on WP . applie inland. one of our team applied outland but our timeline is exactly same.
hello.any updates about your case ? mine is being waiting since IP2 for nearly 2 months still no update.