+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

master2891

Aug 1, 2018
so if you get letter of support from the incubator , goodluck, the left is easy and hope you succeed

from which incubator you got the letter, how you convince them to support you

master2891

Aug 1, 2018
Hi all, I submitted all papers on 28th of March, 2018. And also received AOR on 6th April, 2018. Still nothing happens after 4 months!!!

Recently the incubators asked whether I want to submit Work Permit and move to Canada then I can setup the company? However, it request to take 50% in Escrow bank account... As i am not ready to move to Canada now, so i have not kicked off the WP. Question is, whether "without WP" would cause bad influence? CIC might consider that i am not seriously to build my startup compared to other applicants who submitted WP?

Anyone could share your experience?
How Much you should pay to the incubator, that they have asked to put 50% of them in the Escrow bank

surjit88

Apr 29, 2018
Hello Guys! My husband and I are applying under the SUV Program, and I'm happy to get in touch with more people in this process! So here is our timeline:

Dec 2017 - We got the letter with an incubator after 8-9 months in talks!
17 Jan - Sent papers from Colombia
11 Feb - Passport asked for my husband (He applied for work permit and in two weeks he got it)
28 Feb - Aor

21 Jun - Aditional documents and police certificate
23 Jul - Medicals Requested
31 Jul - Taken the two exams, mines from Colombia and his from Canada.

So, we are waiting, so dont give up, its loooks like a long path, but actually isn't it, in another programs can take about 18 months!! So, whatever questions you have dont hesitate in write me!

Look trough, What are you applying for? -> Economic Class / Which economic class application? -> Start up visa ... 14 months right now.

Hello!! Isn't weird! as you can look I have no update in months because they do first the review of the papers and requirements. So don't worry.

I'm agree, is a long time, but you can ask for the work permit, so you could arrive in less than a month, ans applied inland (But accord the amount of documents they ask, is better to complete the package in your country and they go to Canada, the depedents can travel along with you, but they have to meet the criteria for the visas). And in our experience the incubator is an awesome help to the bussines, at this moment we dont hace the final PR response, but actually the company is settle in Canada!!!

In our case, my husband was the only applicant and he own a tech company, the revenue is less than 100k, so we prefer to get in touch with incubator in the less technologic places, so we raise our chances of get a letter and we got it. So get in touch with alll the companies that you can!
Hi, congrats

My company also accepted by one of designated incubators
do you recommend to apply for visa our own or through a immigration lawyer
or do you recommend someone who is affordable ?

Thanks,

master2891

Aug 1, 2018
Dear Madam

Canrat

I really was hopeless, no one incubator answer coorectly
could you tell how did your husband convince the incubator, i sent to lots of them, i have tec company with more than 1 milion revenue, but u couldnot get result

mh.ghanbari@gmail.com
www.linkedin.com/in/mohammad-ghanbari-299a7818

Hi, congrats

My company also accepted by one of designated incubators
do you recommend to apply for visa our own or through a immigration lawyer
or do you recommend someone who is affordable ?

Thanks,[/QUOT

azharysaif

Aug 23, 2018
I’m in touch with a lawyer who asked for 35K CAD to connect me with designated organization and start the process, is it a normal price ?

surjit88

Apr 29, 2018
You should contact designated organization directly using lawyer will be very costly and rejection chances very high
Yes Is it normal , even you need more money to convince incubator to pay their fees and you need 2 years funds to run business successfully

Approx $20,000 incubator fees for a year (varies each organization)
Lawyer asks for huge, so we applied on our own with designated organization

I recommend minimum 70,000 CAD in bank to cover all costs, before start applying

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
Hello guys,
Anyone involving SUV has received any update since applied except AOR ? Could you please share latest timeline status here

tugi

Dec 8, 2018
Hello guys,
Anyone involving SUV has received any update since applied except AOR ? Could you please share latest timeline status here
My AOR was on Sep 2018, asked for medical exam and extra docs at the end of November 2018. We sent everything in a few days ago including medical exam.

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
I'm not sure what that is, I'm already in Canada on Startup Visa Work Permit so maybe that's different.
oh i see. that's different ,since you are already in Canada. so after the miedical have been received ,was except the next step in days or months?

tugi

Dec 8, 2018
oh i see. that's different ,since you are already in Canada. so after the miedical have been received ,was except the next step in days or months?
I'm not sure, based on a couple of other startups I know, I'm guessing another 3 months or so until the next step.

rajan.mady

Jan 22, 2016
Hello Guys! My husband and I are applying under the SUV Program, and I'm happy to get in touch with more people in this process! So here is our timeline:

Dec 2017 - We got the letter with an incubator after 8-9 months in talks!
17 Jan - Sent papers from Colombia
11 Feb - Passport asked for my husband (He applied for work permit and in two weeks he got it)
28 Feb - Aor

21 Jun - Aditional documents and police certificate
23 Jul - Medicals Requested
31 Jul - Taken the two exams, mines from Colombia and his from Canada.

So, we are waiting, so dont give up, its loooks like a long path, but actually isn't it, in another programs can take about 18 months!! So, whatever questions you have dont hesitate in write me!

Look trough, What are you applying for? -> Economic Class / Which economic class application? -> Start up visa ... 14 months right now.

Hello!! Isn't weird! as you can look I have no update in months because they do first the review of the papers and requirements. So don't worry.

I'm agree, is a long time, but you can ask for the work permit, so you could arrive in less than a month, ans applied inland (But accord the amount of documents they ask, is better to complete the package in your country and they go to Canada, the depedents can travel along with you, but they have to meet the criteria for the visas). And in our experience the incubator is an awesome help to the bussines, at this moment we dont hace the final PR response, but actually the company is settle in Canada!!!

In our case, my husband was the only applicant and he own a tech company, the revenue is less than 100k, so we prefer to get in touch with incubator in the less technologic places, so we raise our chances of get a letter and we got it. So get in touch with alll the companies that you can!

Hi Mary,

Do you get the PR yet? It seems its almost 12 months you submitted your application. Please update the dates if you have some more updates from the immigration department.

Thanks