+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

tugi

Dec 8, 2018
My AOR was on Sep 2018, asked for medical exam and extra docs at the end of November 2018. We sent everything in a few days ago including medical exam.
I noticed today my application status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made". No further information though. I guess we'll just see. :)

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
I noticed today my application status changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made". No further information though. I guess we'll just see. :)
Congratulation . I received AOR in April . However I even haven't been asked for the medical exam.

So frustrating , so Stressful .

tugi

Dec 8, 2018
Congratulation . I received AOR in April . However I even haven't been asked for the medical exam.

So frustrating , so Stressful .
I hear you brother, hang in there, we'll all get it soon. For some reason I can't reply to your private message btw.

AMIR001

Dec 23, 2018
Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well with life and your start-up visas.
I have moved to Canada recently with my parents, I have study permit and we are trying to apply for start-up visa. We signed the contract with the agent from 3 months ago and we received a phone call from the company which gives the letter of support as well. Now they want us to send them ielts within two months amd my father is working so hard to achieve to his goal. However, As i read on the cic website apparently they want all the ielts elements on the mark of 5 excluding reading which could be at least 4. So, my question is what have you all done for your ielts test and after the ielts test how long did it take for each of you to receive your letter of support from the company. Also, could some of you tell me that how long did it take for you from the moment that you contacted to the company to start your paper works, until you received your confirmation of permanent resident? Thank you so mich I hope everyone including me and my family receive their permanent resident confirmation ASAP.

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well with life and your start-up visas.
I have moved to Canada recently with my parents, I have study permit and we are trying to apply for start-up visa. We signed the contract with the agent from 3 months ago and we received a phone call from the company which gives the letter of support as well. Now they want us to send them ielts within two months amd my father is working so hard to achieve to his goal. However, As i read on the cic website apparently they want all the ielts elements on the mark of 5 excluding reading which could be at least 4. So, my question is what have you all done for your ielts test and after the ielts test how long did it take for each of you to receive your letter of support from the company. Also, could some of you tell me that how long did it take for you from the moment that you contacted to the company to start your paper works, until you received your confirmation of permanent resident? Thank you so mich I hope everyone including me and my family receive their permanent resident confirmation ASAP.
mine IELTS is average 6 .with my case it's took 18months from the beginning and still on going waiting for decision made .good luck to you and your family

AMIR001

Dec 23, 2018
mine IELTS is average 6 .with my case it's took 18months from the beginning and still on going waiting for decision made .good luck to you and your family
Hi thanks for your respond. 18 months is so long i hope you get it asap. My agent said that most of her cases with the company that she works are getting the letter of support quicker (e.g. 5-6 months) If ur decision is made they will definable inform you so soon and I think they will confirm your case with sending the confirmation of permanent resident to you.

stc121

Jun 28, 2018
5 - 9 months after a complete application is received and acknowledged by the Sydney intake office . It used to be much faster during the pilot stage though.

Also, unlike many other programs, the review of eligibility happens first, followed by the medical examination.
so after the medical have been reveived, my case is backgroud check.how long that will be takes? thanks

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
so after the medical have been reveived, how long that will be takes?
There is no standard time. It could be anywhere between 1 - 5 months depending on several factors like the country you're applying from, the visa office your application is in, the number of applicants/dependents, travel history, ADR requirements after medical, and the workload of the case officer.

Also note that the CIC application dashboard doesn't show the background check as complete until you receive your COPR or landing papers.

Reactions: soheilhs

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
There is no standard time. It could be anywhere between 1 - 5 months depending on several factors like the country you're applying from, the visa office your application is in, the number of applicants/dependents, travel history, ADR requirements after medical, and the workload of the case officer.

Also note that the CIC application dashboard doesn't show the background check as complete until you receive your COPR or landing papers.
Good day Mauchan

My AOR was April 2018 (inland) . There was no update until I request gcms notes on October. I received GCMS on Novemeber and everything was in “ not started “ mode.

Eligibility , criminality , security medical etc.

However couple days after I received the pre-arrival invitation. I thought I would receive medical by follow but haven't received it as of today.

So I requested second GCMS couple days ago and by mid January I hope I receice new notes . The only question that I have . Although background status in both profile and gcms shown not started , even medical not requested yet , is there possibilty that they initiated that since the application received but it was still ongoing on the day they released the gcms and because of that its shown “not started” OR it definitely could not be started at least until the date of gcms report or eligibility pass?
Its really frustrating and I’m very nervous

Thanks

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
I received the pre-arrival invitation.

is there possibilty that they initiated that since the application received but it was still ongoing on the day they released the gcms and because of that its shown “not started” OR it definitely could not be started at least until the date of gcms report or eligibility pass?
Hello Soheilhs,

There's no saying what's going on behind the scenes till you review your second set of GCMS notes. My hypothesis is that the pre-arrival letter was triggered by eligibility pass - which means that the officer completed assessing the commitment certificate, the IELTS score and the POF - the step after R10/AOR. However, your online profile will continue to display "we are reviewing your eligibility" ( same for the background check) until you receive the COPR.

I can understand your frustration; I hope your application gets processed soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: soheilhs

Fiona2312

Dec 26, 2018
I'm not sure what that is, I'm already in Canada on Startup Visa Work Permit so maybe that's different.
Hi Tugi, how long do you get the workpermit from the day of applying for work permit? What country did you apply workpermit from? Thanks

tugi

Dec 8, 2018
Hi Tugi, how long do you get the workpermit from the day of applying for work permit? What country did you apply workpermit from? Thanks
I applied for the work permit while in Canada as a business visitor. The processing was pretty quick, a few days to receive acknowledgement. Then I went to the Canada/US border to get the work permit there through a process called "flag poling". It seems I'll need to do this again when I receive my COPR.

Fiona2312

Dec 26, 2018
I applied for the work permit while in Canada as a business visitor. The processing was pretty quick, a few days to receive acknowledgement. Then I went to the Canada/US border to get the work permit there through a process called "flag poling". It seems I'll need to do this again when I receive my COPR.
Thank you!