+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Enterprenuer702

Oct 4, 2021
Hi friends anyone applied for Work Permit ? We applied on First July and not received any updates till today. We applied for one founder who will be there to initiate business and @swarooph have you opened business bank account there in Canada or you showed Indian Business Bank Account.

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
Hi friends anyone applied for Work Permit ? We applied on First July and not received any updates till today. We applied for one founder who will be there to initiate business and @swarooph have you opened business bank account there in Canada or you showed Indian Business Bank Account.
I applied in mid-August and submitted biometrics a week later. Was asked to re-submit payment receipt/proof of the $240 in late August. Since then, it's been a waiting game.

Reactions: Enterprenuer702

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
I applied in mid-August and submitted biometrics a week later. Was asked to re-submit the payment receipt/proof of the $240 in late August. Since then, it's been a waiting game.
Work permits are dependent on your country of residence and may take time depending on the backlog and covid lockdowns in your country. Typical processing time for Work Permit issue time would be mentioned on the CIC website (updated weekly) but in our experience, we have crossed them long back.

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
Work permits are dependent on your country of residence and may take time depending on the backlog and covid lockdowns in your country. Typical processing time for Work Permit issue time would be mentioned on the CIC website (updated weekly) but in our experience, we have crossed them long back.
Yeah, processing time mentioned on CIC website is around 14 weeks. Only 8 weeks have passed so far.

Question: I've only applied for the WP for myself. If I get the WP, and file an application for open-WP and study permits for my kids, does the processing time remain the same?

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah, the processing time mentioned on CIC website is around 14 weeks. Only 8 weeks have passed so far.

Question: I've only applied for the WP for myself. If I get the WP, and file an application for open-WP and study permits for my kids, does the processing time remain the same?

What I know dependents' files get submitted alongside yours and have to apply eTA to travel with you when you get your work permit. But these norms are during pandemic days. This might change now as things have started to move.

May I ask which country are you applying from? As some countries like UAE show 12 weeks for WP but we have applied in Nov 2020 and are still waiting :)

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021
hi
I have applied WP. The processing time depends from country to county. What’s ur country of application

cheers

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
What I know dependents' files get submitted alongside yours and have to apply eTA to travel with you when you get your work permit. But these norms are during pandemic days. This might change now as things have started to move.

May I ask which country are you applying from? As some countries like UAE show 12 weeks for WP but we have applied in Nov 2020 and are still waiting :)
I applied from Pakistan.

swarooph

Sep 13, 2021
India
Final decision - October 11, 2021: Your application has been approved.

Feels surreal after visiting that website every day for nearly 2 years - no more trying to get around the GCKEY login issues! Now waiting for the passport to come back to me tomorrow or the day after.
And just to add some spice to this roller-coaster of a process, VFS India has managed to entered the wrong pin code for delivery and my passport is stuck in transit somewhere. :eek:
No, I only showed them my Indian bank account. I will probably open one in Canada remotely before I land as a solid proof of funds but I don't think it's necessary.

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
And just to add some spice to this roller-coaster of a process, VFS India has managed to entered the wrong pin code for delivery and my passport is stuck in transit somewhere. :eek:

No, I only showed them my Indian bank account. I will probably open one in Canada remotely before I land as a solid proof of funds but I don't think it's necessary.

All of us in amazing stress :rolleyes: and mistakes happen and we miss checking the mistakes of others. This waiting period is so killing :confused::mad:. I hope you receive your passport soon :) and you can travel as soon as possible

Reactions: swarooph

swarooph

Sep 13, 2021
India
All of us in amazing stress :rolleyes: and mistakes happen and we miss checking the mistakes of others. This waiting period is so killing :confused::mad:. I hope you receive your passport soon :) and you can travel as soon as possible
Exactly. Fortunately, the courier partner (Bluedart) was able to track down my passport and I just received it along with other documents (COPR + instructions)!

Enterprenuer702

Oct 4, 2021
Yeah, processing time mentioned on CIC website is around 14 weeks. Only 8 weeks have passed so far.

In my case I have applied for myself and my wife and my kid so don’t know much but my wife was asked to submit biometrics and now planning for submission of pre medical to make it faster.

Kb4568

Oct 16, 2021
Hi there guys. I am an international student currently lives in Vancouver. I have applied for the SUV around 2020. I submitted the work permit application on April 2020 and until now there is no update (mind you that i was applying online and in-land). Afterward, I submitted PR application 2 months later. And until now there is no AOR only a temporary number. I have asked for a ATIP from IRCC and from the report they said: ‘’Applicant is an international student claiming Start up Visa. Sent to DN.’’ My lawyer submitted a mandamus to the court and it was dismissed recently as IRCC told the court it was late due to Covid. But given the fact that everyone in here still have some sort of a progress, I am extremely worry about my case and the thought of pull out of this program crossed my mind several times. Does this mean i got discriminated since i am an international student? Are they doubting me that i cannot do the Startup? Perhaps is something else that my lawyer is hiding? If any of you guys could shed some light into my matter. It would be extremely helpful.

PS Right now i am waiting for both application PR and WP and so far there’s no update. All the necessary documents have been sent to IRCC and still there is no update for almost 1 year and 6 months.