+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

soumyarm

Oct 18, 2021
Hi ,
I am new to this forum.
Checked the past discussions. Really interesting and informative.
Thanks to all contributors . great job.

Need some clarification and advice on my SUV:
I received my support letter.
Also received LMIA exemption email from IRCC for work visa.
Now I am bit confused on the payment part on how to pay the fee
for myself ( closed work permit) ,
wife(open work permit)

Any guidance from group members will help me

soumyarm

Oct 18, 2021
My lawyer just called me and said - VFS does not deal in PR Applications and it looks like a glitch in the system or a scam lol
Hi ,
I am new to this forum.

Need some clarification and advice on my SUV:
wife(open work permit)

soumyarm

Oct 18, 2021
Hi ,

I did apply for SUV on Sept 2020 , also applied for WP on Oct. 2020 . . . received temp no. on Jan 21 . . . did not get any respond from IRCC till this day ! Could someone tell / help me and inform me on , when should I expect a response from IRCC . . . PS when I applied , the processing time for wp was 6 weeks , and for PR 12 months , now it shows 31 months . . . . anybody pls
Hi ,
I am new to this forum.

Need some clarification and advice on my SUV work permit process as my incubator insisting on it
wife(open work permit)

Kb4568

Oct 16, 2021
@Startup_Visa @Kb4568 let's be gentle and supportive of each other. This forum is to provide information and support.

@Kb4568 I agree with you regarding your work permit - more than 18 months to process an inland work permit is wrong - even during Covid19 timelines. I think even at times a faster negative decision is better than an "infinite" wait. Even if you aren't eligible for an SUV work permit (because of your study permit) - then IRCC should make a decision and tell you that rather than leaving you in suspense for almost 1years 6months. Perhaps your case became "complex" on IRCC's end and they effectively ghosted your application/case (my opinion). I think this kind of behaviour from IRCC is unacceptable - even the Canadian govt reports have pointed this out. I share your frustration and anger. This is unacceptable.

Though if you are studying part-time or full-time, and your study permit is still valid - I don't think an SUV WP makes much a difference. Because you can essentially operate your Startup (incorporate, build MVP, acquire customers etc) - as long as you aren't on your company's payroll as an employee. I think the best thing you can do right now, is to focus and work on your startup, validate your product/idea - and for a moment forget about IRCC. As a founder of a company, practically no one (not even IRCC) can limit the amount of time you spend on your startup - only personal obligations can limit your time. ie school, family, etc.

However I think regarding your PR application I think at this point, it is normal for people who applied in 2020 to only have temporary file numbers. PR applications for SUV applicants are all taking a while. People who applied in lste 2019/ early 2020 are just getting their applications finalized.

Practically though - perhaps contact your MP for further assistance.
Thank you for you comment. I think that too but however we cannot prove that in court since our Mandamus is dismissed by the court with the explanation of IRCC says they are late due to Covid. Indeed you are right with as long as my name is keeping out of the payroll then I can do as much as I want however, since my lawyer suggested my to do that with a WP would be much more helpful since i can clearly show what I have done to establish a business in Canada.

As for the PR my lawyer says it should be another month or so to receive an official AOR on my application.

Kb4568

Oct 16, 2021
@Startup_Visa and @Kb4568 - Guys we are just a forum of ppl to motivate each other. We are not the authority to make the final decision.

Let's refocus on what's happening in our files. If someone who has a student visa and has done something similar will volunteer and DM or reply to the questions raised. We are ppl who have a regular startup running in the home country and have incorporated a company in Canada and awaiting the visa to explore our market opportunity there. So probably we don't have the answer to your qs as we ourselves are on the wait list.
I completely agree with you. I was simply asked question and that person were taking it like I was insulting him while he didn't even ask for more context. I am looking for pieces to understand why am I waiting in the dark with no progress whatsoever not just looking for some cheap sympathy like he mentions.

Enterprenuer702

Oct 4, 2021
hi
I have applied WP. The processing time depends from country to county. What’s ur country of application

cheers
In my case India and its showing 33 weeks and every weeks its extending so don't know the fix time and we have to manage recruitment of team in Canada mainly sales team so we are bit confused for this timeline.

Enterprenuer702

Oct 4, 2021
We are planning to do pre medical for WP. will it be helpful or should i have to wait for updates from IRCC and after i have to get medical appointment? (Medical test appointment takes 2 to 3 weeks of time) so from other thread i came to know people are processing pre medical test for WP?

Enterprenuer702

Oct 4, 2021
Quick question work permit under Startup Visa is eligible for "Are you eligible for the Global Skills Strategy (GSS)? (required) "? or its not

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
I completely agree with you. I was simply asked question and that person were taking it like I was insulting him while he didn't even ask for more context. I am looking for pieces to understand why am I waiting in the dark with no progress whatsoever not just looking for some cheap sympathy like he mentions.
Everyone has been waiting for over 2.5 years that too outside Canada and we may not have better visibility sitting from our home countries about the situation you are going through and neither you understand the emotion of uncertainty and wait that we are going through and expenses we are incurring - it is both ways.

You and we are frustrated with authorities and we can stop the thread of discussion here and see for solutions. So far we dint have any fights on this forum and would like this that way if we all let go.

Hasayen

May 20, 2021
Hi ,

I just received a "refusal letter" from the IRCC on my temporary work permit :(

The reason " • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. "

Very strange reason !!!!! I did apply for WP under the SUV program !!!

Can anyone suggest what to do ?? Shall I withdraw my PR application and get a full refund instead waiting for the IRCC to send me a" refusal letter" for my SUV ?

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi ,

The reason " • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. "

Can anyone suggest what to do ?? Shall I withdraw my PR application and get a full refund instead waiting for the IRCC to send me a" refusal letter" for my SUV ?
Hi friend

This is really upsetting
Hi ,

Hello Friend

Really unfortunate. I think you should request for GCMS letter that can help you understand exact reasons the officer have written for rejection!

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi friend

This is really upsetting

Hello Friend

Really unfortunate. I think you should request for GCMS letter that can help you understand exact reasons the officer have written for rejection!

Yes get the GCMS notes - i have applied for my notes on 25 Aug 2021 and still waiting. I am so frustrated they are not moving at all.