+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Saramqy

Oct 21, 2020
Seems like scam. It is against the terms to pay for LOS.

In my agreement with the incubator, they will charge 10% (around 2k) if visa fails.
But I didn't pay for LOS.
I think its same! It was supposed to support start-ups, all i see is charging applicants for a chance of PR!

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Perfect, it was free?! I think they should even pay you!
Angel has to invest a min of 75k into the biz not pay you and you re sure they'll be monitoring the investmet like hawk. But then there is issue of prof/loss sharing if and when the biz becomes successful.

Mecheh

Nov 2, 2020
Hi guys, just some questions:

First, has anyone received File Number recently?
Second, when we work with incubator, should we find investor?If yes, how much min. money they should invest?
Third, does incubator introduce us to an immigration lawyer ? Or it is optional?
Forth, if I submit my application what will happen if my ielts exam expires before receiving File Number?

Thanks a lot.

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Hi guys, just some questions:

First, has anyone received File Number recently?
Second, when we work with incubator, should we find investor?If yes, how much min. money they should invest?
Third, does incubator introduce us to an immigration lawyer ? Or it is optional?
Forth, if I submit my application what will happen if my ielts exam expires before receiving File Number?

Thanks a lot.
Once you've been accepted into incubator program you dont need any investor again. If I'm correct Incubators aren't supposed to invest any money. I think some incubators will introduce you to lawyers. If you submit your ielts before expiration you are good. Mine expired since February and I wasn't asked to submit a new one.

Reactions: Mecheh

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Please also provide details to me
Start up visa is quite straightforward. You need to have a viable business idea and get any of the designated organisations on IRCC website to buy or key into your idea, if and when they partner with you, they will give you a letter of support that you will submit with your application. You can get more information from the IRCC website or go through this linkhttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/designated-organizations.html

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Start up visa is quite straightforward. You need to have a viable business idea and get any of the designated organisations on IRCC website to buy or key into your idea, if and when they partner with you, they will give you a letter of support that you will submit with your application. You can get more information from the IRCC website or go through this linkhttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/designated-organizations.html
how much minimum investment is required to start the process?

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
how much minimum investment is required to start the process?
No min investment on your part. Just the regular POF, medicals, ielts fees etc. But I've heard people pay certain amount to incubators for office space and some other things. I guess it depends on the incubator. As I said. Read through the site thoroughly and put your biz ideas on paper. Goodluck.

Barbiejolie

Oct 22, 2020
These incubators are expensive
Are there any one that does not require you to pay anything or minimal amount?
At least less than CAD $20k