+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
hello guys. Pls i got an update on my application requesting for proof of studies (diplomas and transcripts). Though I submitted my certificates. Not sure what i have to submit now. Do I submit my WES verification or get the transcript. Start up visa guys pls what did you submit. Thanks
Huh? The education requirement was removed several years ago. Why are they asking for proof, let alone transcripts?

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
Oh yea they did. They specifically requested for the transcript which I had to go get.
I presume they asked for this, because you wrote the details in the education section, right?

What I mean is -- you aren't required to have post-secondary education to apply for SUV. But if you say you do have educational qualifications, they're probably going to want to verify them.

I don't have a degree, and I still applied.

Just making it clear that it's not a requirement. It was removed several years ago.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
I presume they asked for this, because you wrote the details in the education section, right?

What I mean is -- you aren't required to have post-secondary education to apply for SUV. But if you say you do have educational qualifications, they're probably going to want to verify them.

I don't have a degree, and I still applied.

Just making it clear that it's not a requirement. It was removed several years ago.
So its best to be prepared to furnish whatever details is asked for even if its not required.Will definitely save time in the processing which by all appearances is lengthy to begin with

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
So its best to be prepared to furnish whatever details is asked for even if its not required.Will definitely save time in the processing which by all appearances is lengthy to begin with
Well, yeah. If you say you have a degree, then prove it at the time of application.

The application process is lengthy and a lot of paperwork needs to be submitted. Police certificates, any relevant education certificates, travel over your adult life, employment history, etc. As you go through each section, it's pretty clear what evidence you'll need to supply.

My point was, to anyone reading, that a degree is NOT a hard requirement. They're likely only asking for transcripts because a degree was mentioned in the app, but no supporting evidence was submitted.

Reactions: Kai Nemo and SSP13

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Well, yeah. If you say you have a degree, then prove it at the time of application.

The application process is lengthy and a lot of paperwork needs to be submitted. Police certificates, any relevant education certificates, travel over your adult life, employment history, etc. As you go through each section, it's pretty clear what evidence you'll need to supply.

My point was, to anyone reading, that a degree is NOT a hard requirement. They're likely only asking for transcripts because a degree was mentioned in the app, but no supporting evidence was submitted.
Yes, degree is actually not a requirement but be mindful that whatever you type in your application you should be ready to back it up with proof. I filled the details but since I knew that wasn't needed, I didn't bother to submit WES or transcripts. guess that was why they requested for it.

Reactions: Kai Nemo and SSP13

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
be mindful that whatever you type in your application you should be ready to back it up with proof.
Couldn't have said it better.

I was asked for BOTH my educational certificates and proof of salaried employment for the last 10 years. This was made as an additional document request. Again, both are NOT a part of the SUV document checklist.

Eligibility and verification are two different things.

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hello everyone, I'm an entrepreneur that received LOS in Jun 2020 from MTA and sent full documents for PR to IRCC. It's frustrating time for us too. There is a significant delay on opening our paper-based packages. I heard from a lawyer that "employees of SUV section in IRCC were recognized as nonessential so firstly, our documents needs to scan and then they give us a file number.

I think we should have waiting and praying for vaccine.

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
hi Mauchan,

I just want to know about Work Permit timeline for 2 of our core team members ie me and my cofounder, our 1 cofounder is in Canada already and will be filing inbound WP and also PR with the above plan, Covid & what do you think can be the timelines for our scenario as our members and dependants are high.
Have no idea about work permit timelines; never applied for one. Our application receipt to PR confirmation document took 4 months, but this was a few years ago, pre-Covid.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm an entrepreneur that received LOS in Jun 2020 from MTA and sent full documents for PR to IRCC. It's frustrating time for us too. There is a significant delay on opening our paper-based packages. I heard from a lawyer that "employees of SUV section in IRCC were recognized as nonessential so firstly, our documents needs to scan and then they give us a file number.

I think we should have waiting and praying for vaccine.
Woow this is pretty significant.
I had a feeling that SUV applications had entirely been abandoned by IRCC, but I had no proof.
Processing time for existing applications is now 20 months.

I think we need to rally and put some pressure on IRCC.
Other immigration categories (like spousal applicants, GTS applicants) protested/complained and IRCC sure did pay attention to them.

We could contact our respective designated organizations and make a case for priotizing SUV applications.
It makes economic sense to admit entrepreneurs whose businesses might help with the economic recovery from Covid-19

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Woow this is pretty significant.
I had a feeling that SUV applications had entirely been abandoned by IRCC, but I had no proof.
Processing time for existing applications is now 20 months.

I think we need to rally and put some pressure on IRCC.
Other immigration categories (like spousal applicants, GTS applicants) protested/complained and IRCC sure did pay attention to them.

We could contact our respective designated organizations and make a case for priotizing SUV applications.
It makes economic sense to admit entrepreneurs whose businesses might help with the economic recovery from Covid-19
Hi dear friend, yep, I did something like that previously, I've constantly made a comment about SUV section in IRCC twitter (https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada) with this hashtag #startupvisacanada about take a real action on our paper-based applications.
Be safe and healthy