+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

janoo

May 16, 2014
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

Any up date on oath or test/interview ??? last 7 days no good news.

am waiting for last 42 months. January 2012...

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

Any news here? I cannot go passed the freaking CIC agents to see if there is any status update.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

lenium said:
Any news here? I cannot go passed the freaking CIC agents to see if there is any status update.
Nope, same story. Last ATIP received said below story. Since May 12, I am hoping max time background checks can take is 2 Months and one should receive oath. So I am targeting July 12th in my case. By far, all my optimistic predictions have failed with CIC ;-).. let's see what happens on this one. :)

2015-01-13- File Received From Scarborough -
2015-01-27 - File Reviewed/transferred to level 2 decision maker -
2015-05-12 - Notes at the top Description - RQ and Submission Reviewed and FPAT completed. File to be completed pending clearances.
2015-05-12 - Towards the bottom there is a sub activity updated on says: Type Request Criminal Clarence, Status - Batch sent.
2015-05-14- There is a activity type with date of - Type - Bring Forward, status - process

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

What kind of ATIP did you request? Electronic notes on the file or the other options?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

lenium said:
What kind of ATIP did you request? Electronic notes on the file or the other options?
Electronic.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

My RCMP renewal was submitted 7 weeks ago ... Sigh

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

They have time till March 31, 2016 to finalize ALL our applications, it is only 9 months from now ;)

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

HighFive said:
They have time till March 31, 2016 to finalize ALL our applications, it is only 9 months from now ;)
yeah for sure until CIC comes up with some other caveat by then. :). I want to vote in coming elections.. I just want to have citizenship before that :)

debonair388

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014

lenium said:
Its so annoying...now they wont even talk to you unless you're pass the 36 months timeline. They keep saying check eCAS although they know that there is no updates there...mine in particular hasn't been updated since my test invitation.

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

HighFive said:
When CIC mentioned that individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016, They are referring ONLY to the routine applications. Unfortunately, the others will take longer...
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985249
*CIC's target is to maintain an inventory where most applications are less then a year old. Non-routine/complex applications will continue to take longer to process

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

saywisdom said:
When CIC mentioned that individuals who submitted a citizenship application before April 1, 2015 will have a decision by March 31, 2016, They are referring ONLY to the routine applications. Unfortunately, the others will take longer...
thanks saywisdom. what about that note on CIC website then - "By spring 2016, the backlog of grant applications will be eliminated." ??

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/mandate/citizenship.asp

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

HighFive said:
thanks saywisdom. what about that note on CIC website then - "By spring 2016, the backlog of grant applications will be eliminated." ??

thank you!. Saywisdom ruined my optimism for a bit :D

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

HighFive said:

You should read what's written after (*)
Getting rid of the backlog
42% March 2014
17% March 2015
Target 0% March 2016
* Percentage of applications submitted more than 12 months ago. CIC’s target is to maintain an inventory where most applications are less than a year old. Non-routine or complex applications will continue to take longer to process.
In other words (and from my understanding), backlog at 0% by March 2016 means that 80% of the ROUTINE applications will take less then 12 months to process. (No estimation time provided for the Non-routine applications OR for the remaining 20%)

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

saywisdom said:
You should read what's written after (*)
In other words (and from my understanding), backlog at 0% by March 2016 means that 80% of the ROUTINE applications will take less then 12 months to process. (No estimation time provided for the Non-routine applications OR for the remaining 20%)
to be honest, I dont see any (*) symbols on that page, saywisdom. Can you make a screenshot and post it here, pls.
Cheers, mate.