+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision mak

longwaitwithrq said:
Hi its seems you are very new to the forum so I would suggest you to pm Rayan14 as he has a similar view and you'll can complement each other's efforts.

As far as this thread is concerned there are so many applicants whose file is at St Clair with similar status like us and we are unable to even get them to come forward with their timelines so if you have a timeline similr to ours please provide us the same.
Thank you for your response. I have been around for a while now.
My core message from the previous comment is to ask everyone to take action regarding to our situation. We are not being treated fairly.
My timeline is similar:

Application starts: March 2014
RQ: July 2014
RQ sent: July 2014
Test: Jan 2015

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

I am just wondering what does it mean by "referred to level 2 decision maker?

I request an ATIP and when i got it it says on my GCMS notes that
Type : P/s Judge Decision
Status Approved
Effective Date : 05/26/15

and the other one is

Type : Officials/ Grantor's Decision

Then they sent it back to Edmonton in May 27 2015. Until now i haven't heard anything from them my ecas hasn't change too..

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

CK07 said:
I am just wondering what does it mean by "referred to level 2 decision maker?

I request an ATIP and when i got it it says on my GCMS notes that
Type : P/s Judge Decision
Status Approved

and the other one is

Type : Officials/ Grantor's Decision

Then they sent it back to Edmonton in May 27 2015. Until now i haven't heard anything from them my ecas hasn't change too..
It seems that you might have already been approved for citizenship, was your file at St Clair, does it show that your file was referred to a level 2 decision maker (level 2 decision maker is a citizenship officer not a judge)

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013

My local office is in Edmonton i took my citizenship exam on April 29 2015. And since i got RQ'd on February 2014 (short of 15 days) the officer told me that she will transfer my app to the judge so the judge will make the decision if i am going to take my oath or not. But based on my GCMS notes i think the CJ granted me my citizenship. The thing is until now i did not received any oath letter from edmonton cic.. its been more than a month since they transferred my application to Edmonton. I am August 2013 applicant by the way.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

CK07 said:
My local office is in Edmonton i took my citizenship exam on April 29 2015. And since i got RQ'd on February 2014 (short of 15 days) the officer told me that she will transfer my app to the judge so the judge will make the decision if i am going to take my oath or not. But based on my GCMS notes i think the CJ granted me my citizenship. The thing is until now i did not received any oath letter from edmonton cic.. its been more than a month since they transferred my application to Edmonton. I am August 2013 applicant by the way.
I too think that the judge has taken the decision on your file and granted you citizenship.

In case possible do inform if your file was at St Clair and if at any stage it was referred to a level 2 decision maker, and in that case the dates (month, year) they were transferred to St Clair and referred to the level 2 decision maker.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013

My file was transferred to Montreal's Jurisdiction and from Montreal to Edmonton..

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

CK07 said:
My file was transferred to Montreal's Jurisdiction and from Montreal to Edmonton..
Thats ok, I thought maybe because this thread was related to files at St Clair.

janoo

May 16, 2014

Hi Ck. first congratulation your file is approved and you relax and wait for your

oath letter judge favour you and use his jurisdiction to grant your citizenship even you

are 15 days short... just smile and look forward for your oath letter and

pray for us waiting for further step since 42 months...

applied January 2012 since waiting nothing happened.....

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013

longwaitwithrq said:
Thats ok, I thought maybe because this thread was related to files at St Clair.
I posted here because i know you guys will help me a lot.. and i appreciate that.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013

janoo said:
Hi Ck. first congratulation your file is approved and you relax and wait for your

oath letter judge favour you and use his jurisdiction to grant your citizenship even you

are 15 days short... just smile and look forward for your oath letter and

pray for us waiting for further step since 42 months...

Hi janoo...

Thank you for cheering me up... dont worry federal elections is coming soon hopefully we will get our citizenship before that. They need votes..!! Haha!! ;D :D

applied January 2012 since waiting nothing happened.....

walrus1891

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
Nope, same story. Last ATIP received said below story. Since May 12, I am hoping max time background checks can take is 2 Months and one should receive oath. So I am targeting July 12th in my case. By far, all my optimistic predictions have failed with CIC ;-).. let's see what happens on this one. :)

2015-01-13- File Received From Scarborough -
2015-01-27 - File Reviewed/transferred to level 2 decision maker -
2015-05-12 - Notes at the top Description - RQ and Submission Reviewed and FPAT completed. File to be completed pending clearances.
2015-05-12 - Towards the bottom there is a sub activity updated on says: Type Request Criminal Clarence, Status - Batch sent.
2015-05-14- There is a activity type with date of - Type - Bring Forward, status - process
Does your ATIP states anywhere that it was assigned to an officer after it was transferred to level 2 decision maker. It seems to me that this would be the next step after being transferred to level 2.

walrus1891

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Any ATIP reports this week? I expect mine in a week or so.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

walrus1891 said:
Does your ATIP states anywhere that it was assigned to an officer after it was transferred to level 2 decision maker. It seems to me that this would be the next step after being transferred to level 2.
Yes Walrus on Jan 27.

walrus1891

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
Yes Walrus on Jan 27.
Thanks vinaypuri. In my discussions with CIC over the phone, I concluded that there are two steps of being transferred to level 2. The first is what you have on Jan 27, which indicates that the first level officer completed the review and transferred it to level 2. The second step would be to assign a particular level 2 officer. For example, my ATIP from April reflects that my file has been transferred to level 2 in February. In my call with CIC in late May, they told me that an officer has been assigned to my file (which I suspect is a level 2 officer). My question to you, and other members of the forum, if you have a note indicating this in your ATIP. I am trying to establish on whether assigning an officer requires all clearances ready or not.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

walrus1891 said:
Thanks vinaypuri. In my discussions with CIC over the phone, I concluded that there are two steps of being transferred to level 2. The first is what you have on Jan 27, which indicates that the first level officer completed the review and transferred it to level 2. The second step would be to assign a particular level 2 officer. For example, my ATIP from April reflects that my file has been transferred to level 2 in February. In my call with CIC in late May, they told me that an officer has been assigned to my file (which I suspect is a level 2 officer). My question to you, and other members of the forum, if you have a note indicating this in your ATIP. I am trying to establish on whether assigning an officer requires all clearances ready or not.
Let me check my ATIP again.