+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

I also got the message from call center agent in late May that my case was approved and now waiting for clearances before oath. My file is still "in process" however. I tried to call again last week but was given the answer that no information will be given over the phone. Up until now most call center agent were pretty responsive , maybe they changed their procedure as I have seen many people reporting call center no longer release information.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

I was told that they will answer and take action if processing time is pass
as per your record you have applied in Sept. 2012 I think you will hear from
them before September 2015.

I was having the same issue but after 36 months pass they start informing
me the status of my file but no progress in processing waiting since Jan.2012.

Last update security finish scheduling interview god knows when ???

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

janoo said:
I was told that they will answer and take action if processing time is pass
as per your record you have applied in Sept. 2012 I think you will hear from
them before September 2015.

I was having the same issue but after 36 months pass they start informing
me the status of my file but no progress in processing waiting since Jan.2012.

Last update security finish scheduling interview god knows when ???
I don't know if to believe them or not. Clearances should only take a couple of weeks to complete (up to 6 weeks). But some people in these thread have been waiting for them for months. Not to mention Vinapuri's case who was told by an agent that his file was approved yet his ATIP did not show indication that this was the case.

walrus1891

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I just got my ATIP. My case has been approved, granted and ceremony ready since early June.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

walrus1891 said:
I just got my ATIP. My case has been approved, granted and ceremony ready since early June.
Congratulations, now the wait for oath, so your file is at the local office, which is your local office ?

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Just received my ATIP. Apparently, my file was referred to a level two decision maker in Montreal from St. Clair.

Currently, it is in Mississauga office with status "ceremony pending clearance May25 2015".

Will share details of my ATIP shortly, should they be of any help to anyone.

debonair388

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014

walrus1891 said:
Congrats...should be getting my ATIP on Thursday...fingers crossed there are some updates.

walrus1891

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

longwaitwithrq said:
Congratulations, now the wait for oath, so your file is at the local office, which is your local office ?
Thanks longwaitwithrq. My local office is Mississauga, so I am in for a long wait.

janoo

May 16, 2014

Hi. Walrus. / To bound.

Congratulation....

both of you and hope that you pray for all still pending since long time..

enjoy your day...

walrus1891

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

debonair388 said:
Congrats...should be getting my ATIP on Thursday...fingers crossed there are some updates.
Thanks and good luck

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

walrus1891 said:
Congrats for long journey coming to an end. Did you ecas change to "Decision Made" or is it still "In Process" ?

walrus1891

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ItkExpert said:
Congrats for long journey coming to an end. Did you ecas change to "Decision Made" or is it still "In Process" ?
Thanks. Yes, it was a long journey. My ecase is still in process.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

walrus1891 said:
Nice, congratulations.

Any idea why it is taking this long to schedule oath?

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

So, here is info some might find helpful from my atip

A note on 2014/08/06 was created re RQ files received on 05 AUG 2014

On 2014/09/11 File was received in St. Clair and placed into a shelving box

On 2014/10/07 additional documents I sent were received

On 2015/04/09 - half a year later - file was transferred to Montreal CEN for RQ Analysis

On 2015/ 05/20 file was returned to Mississauga

So Montreal office is REALLY fast. One month, compared to 6-7 months at St. Clair, or even current two months of processing at Mississauga.

Does anyone know if RCMP clearance is valid longer than FOSS?

First page of my ATIP has RCMP expiry date as 2015/12/24, which is a 1,5 since it was first initiated.

My FOSS clearance was updated instantaneously by Montreal office on 2015/05/14. Just like the RCMP clearance it was first initiated on 2014/06/24.

Then interestingly, sub-activity 1 of the RCMP clearance has "request criminal clearance" with an expiry date of 2015/06/24.

My CSIS clearance is all whited out.

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
Nice, congratulations.

Any idea why it is taking this long to schedule oath?
vinaypuri, we seem to have similar timelines with regards to security clearances. Mine were initiated for update on May 14, 2015. My ECAS recently changed to "decision made". No sign of oath and CIC helpline says the file is still under review, awaiting security clearances I assume.