+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
For me guys I passed already my processing time as I'm applying from Qatar and my wife & son are Canadian citizens, processing time for Qatar 12 months and now I passed the 13th month, still doing background check
The only 2 countries I lived in were, Egypt my home country & Qatar where I'm working in right now so I don't know anyone has any clue how long background in these countries may take!!!!!!
It's been 4 or 5 month for the background check
And they take long of time to answer emails
Kindly if anyone knows how long background check takes in these 2 countries to let me know
Me & my wife are very depressed & frustrated

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
W.M said:
For me guys I passed already my processing time as I'm applying from Qatar and my wife & son are Canadian citizens, processing time for Qatar 12 months and now I passed the 13th month, still doing background check
The only 2 countries I lived in were, Egypt my home country & Qatar where I'm working in right now so I don't know anyone has any clue how long background in these countries may take!!!!!!
It's been 4 or 5 month for the background check
And they take long of time to answer emails
Kindly if anyone knows how long background check takes in these 2 countries to let me know
Me & my wife are very depressed & frustrated
I have been through what you are going through before; it is indeed very frustrating.
Background checks are very unpredictable because they are personal and even CIC cannot tell you the exact time. This is because CIC does not conduct the background checks themselves, they forward them to other authorities. In my personal experience it took them 9 months only for the background check. That was for an earlier application. I am Palestinian and have lived exclusively in UAE since birth.

Have you even visited Canada? Or have applied for any other visa to Canada (like a TRV)?

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
mohammedessam said:
Because as i said before, they are lazy and they don't work.

they never followed up with me when i sent the documents until July of 2016 when i contacted my MP then they responded and said that they did not receive the documents, i proved it to them that i have the auth reply confirmation from their email.
Anyways they have recently requested police clearance certificate from the FBI and my wife has never lived in the US, she has only visited the US time in her lifetime. so this is another way that show how much incompetent they are.
anyways we have requested the FBI clearance certificate in Feb but according to their website it takes 3.5 months to get the certificate so we are still waiting for it.
I am sorry you had to go through such an experience! I am not sure why they are asking for an FBI clearance, maybe because your wife visited the US within the last 5 years? Me personally I have been through a unfortunate delays as well with CIC before but that was for a multiple TRV.

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Ziad: no I didn't apply for any other Canada visa
When did u apply for ur application on 2015 or 2016? Cause u said ur earlier application!!!! Kindly explain

ziadelbaghdadi

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
W.M said:
Ziad: no I didn't apply for any other Canada visa
When did u apply for ur application on 2015 or 2016? Cause u said ur earlier application!!!! Kindly explain
I applied for a multiple TRV before (in 2015), I got the visa but it took them 9 months for the background check.

My current application for spousal sponsorship was filed in nov 2016.
In all cases I am not sure if CIC follows the same procedures for TRVs and Spousal for the background checks.

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
W.M said:
What is TRV mean? And when did ur background check started in ur sponsorship application??
TRV ... is temporary resident visa ... it is tourist visa... my husband is Jordanian from Palestinian roots and he had granted TRV in 2015 and it did not take that much time ... it did not take 9 month ... it was granted in two weeks.

Bottom line guys ... Arab nationality take the most time in the background check ... so we have nothing but to wait ... i have met my Canadian Parliament Member she said she will check and get back to me ... let see.

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
mohammedessam said:
Because as i said before, they are lazy and they don't work.

they never followed up with me when i sent the documents until July of 2016 when i contacted my MP then they responded and said that they did not receive the documents, i proved it to them that i have the auth reply confirmation from their email.
Anyways they have recently requested police clearance certificate from the FBI and my wife has never lived in the US, she has only visited the US time in her lifetime. so this is another way that show how much incompetent they are.
anyways we have requested the FBI clearance certificate in Feb but according to their website it takes 3.5 months to get the certificate so we are still waiting for it.
OMG ... your file transferred in 2015 ? ... you should have been in Canada long time ago ... It is ok Mohammed Essam everything happened for good ... i personally consider that persecution

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
sokara said:
OMG ... your file transferred in 2015 ? ... you should have been in Canada long time ago ... It is ok Mohammed Essam everything happened for good ... i personally consider that persecution
It has been exactly 2 years since i submitted my wife's application.
Lets see what happens next
I'm waiting for the FBI clearance certificate for now.

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Sokara: my husband application exceeded its processing time limit, his processing time is 12 months according to cic website it passed 13 month now!!!!! And they r still doing background check
Is there anyone I can contact to talk to them !!!! Cause they rarely reply to my emails!!!
I live in Qatar with him cause I'm Canadian citizen so I can do it from outside Canada
I hear ppl contacting mp!!!! What is mp!!! Where is he in Qatar!!!!
Kindly advise or anyone has the answer can advise as well please

Shine78

Dec 22, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 02-12-2016 AOR2 19-04-2017
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2016 upfront and passed
Interview........
not required. BC 24-05-2017
Passport Req..
28-05-2017
caiden said:
I sponsoring my husband from saudi arabia, since 2010 he received a letter from the embassy of abu dhabi office and he start to fill up the form and send to them, july 2010 they start to process his papers, by then we didn't heard anything to the embassy for more than one year, so I'm worried coz it takes so long, so I ask my husband to follow up and send e-mail to the embassy he send e-mail on January 2012, after 3 days they response to him, and send again the same application form to fill up. this time asking the PICTURES, CENOMAR, CARDS, LETTERS, TELEPHONES BILLS, E-MAIL..

But, I worried b'coz before when he fill up the form the question is. Have you been previously been married? he's answer is NO. then I find out when he request for the CENOMAR he been married year 2000. my husband and I we've married 2007 . so what we gonna do!!!!. is there a problem regarding this.

please help me, and give me some advise.

thank you.

Anyone please share, was there a spousal application had been refused because of not disclosing bank case? Criminal case due to bounced cheque, but case closed, with clearance certificate?

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
1- Is there a problem if the husband was married b4 but wrote NO in the application beside that question?
Kindly anyone advise!!!!

2- Plus he passed his processing time (12 months) now completed 13 months
And they still sending him email that they are currently conducting certain background investigations.
Is this is normal? Or should he worry about!! He only been to Egypt & Qatar
Kindly advise

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
W.M said:
1- Is there a problem if the husband was married b4 but wrote NO in the application beside that question?
Kindly anyone advise!!!!

2- Plus he passed his processing time (12 months) now completed 13 months
And they still sending him email that they are currently conducting certain background investigations.
Is this is normal? Or should he worry about!! He only been to Egypt & Qatar
Kindly advise
W.M: It is normal, sometimes responses from the agencies take time, it all depends on the response from other countries agencies where your husband has been to. I think once the background check is done then your application will be finalized. There is nothing to worry about. Keep positive & don't think about it every single day. It will come one the day when you least expect it.
Good luck.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
We received the FBI clearance certificate yesterday and i have already sent a copy of it via email to the embassy.
Today i was checking MyCiC and under background check there is a new update.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Before it used to say the next step is to conduct background check.
So it looks like they are working on the file.

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Great that's good:)
Inshallah u get visa soon u waited too long
How about your final decision part what they wrote in it???