March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
W.M said:
Sokara: my husband application exceeded its processing time limit, his processing time is 12 months according to cic website it passed 13 month now!!!!! And they r still doing background check
Is there anyone I can contact to talk to them !!!! Cause they rarely reply to my emails!!!
I live in Qatar with him cause I'm Canadian citizen so I can do it from outside Canada
I hear ppl contacting mp!!!! What is mp!!! Where is he in Qatar!!!!
Kindly advise or anyone has the answer can advise as well please
Hi W.M as far as I know that MP ( member of Parliament ) in the area where you live in Canada... i was advised by one of my colleague at work to go to her ... but i said i dont think she can do something ... i sent her an email in January ... she contacted me back like a week a go ... i met her ... and she said clearly that we can not do anything right now because it is still under the processing time frame ... for my husband 15 months ... we are in month 14 ... so we wait for may to pass so we will contact them again.

the only way to contact them is case specific Enquiry https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi&_ga=1.68913873.1703483113.1416458348

so i believe we are almost at the same situation .. only one month to pass the mentioned processing time according to their website

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
W.M said:
1- Is there a problem if the husband was married b4 but wrote NO in the application beside that question?
Kindly anyone advise!!!!

2- Plus he passed his processing time (12 months) now completed 13 months
And they still sending him email that they are currently conducting certain background investigations.
Is this is normal? Or should he worry about!! He only been to Egypt & Qatar
Kindly advise
W.M for me if i was in your situation i would have said yes and added the details of the marriage like date of marriage and whatever info required.

but facing the problem am not sure about it. but you should think if they found out by themselves it could be a problem. and you need to prepare an answer for that .. hopefully it i will not make any problem.

2- you should contact them now if the processing time passed.

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
mohammedessam said:
We received the FBI clearance certificate yesterday and i have already sent a copy of it via email to the embassy.
Today i was checking MyCiC and under background check there is a new update.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Before it used to say the next step is to conduct background check.
So it looks like they are working on the file.
Am so happy for you mohammedessam ... i wish you and W.M and my husband will get their Visa as soonest ... we have been waiting for long ... all the best

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
sokara said:
Hi W.M as far as I know that MP ( member of Parliament ) in the area where you live in Canada... i was advised by one of my colleague at work to go to her ... but i said i dont think she can do something ... i sent her an email in January ... she contacted me back like a week a go ... i met her ... and she said clearly that we can not do anything right now because it is still under the processing time frame ... for my husband 15 months ... we are in month 14 ... so we wait for may to pass so we will contact them again.

the only way to contact them is case specific Enquiry https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi&_ga=1.68913873.1703483113.1416458348

so i believe we are almost at the same situation .. only one month to pass the mentioned processing time according to their website

Sokara: ya my husband passed already his 12 months processing time and we are completing 14 months soon !!!!!! Very very frustrated,
They are say they are conducting certain background check
What is your husband cic? I mean what they wrote beside background check? And final decision?

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
sokara said:
W.M for me if i was in your situation i would have said yes and added the details of the marriage like date of marriage and whatever info required.

but facing the problem am not sure about it. but you should think if they found out by themselves it could be a problem. and you need to prepare an answer for that .. hopefully it i will not make any problem.

2- you should contact them now if he the processing time passed.

We contacted them many times as he is completing his 14 months soon , they always respond same response: "We are currently conducting certain background investigations" it's from outside agencies and not in their hands cannot predict how long time still need or when it will be finalize!
It's very very frustrating waiting all this time...

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
still "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".

if you are at the same visa office which is Abu Dhabi the processing time as per cic website is 15 months including the sponsor assessment. if you applied before dec 7, 2016.

our application now is 14 months .. by may we will be 15 months ... so i will start communication with them after completing the 15 months.

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
ziadelbaghdadi said:
Hi everyone,

I received a letter from CIC called "procedural fairness". The crux of it is:

Before I make a final decision, I invite you to submit additional information relating to these concerns:

Any proof of employment – Notice of assessment, T4, Pay stubs
Lease agreement - deed
Bank statement
Children’s enrolment

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to our office. Please ensure
that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the
information on file, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Anyone received such a letter? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Ziad ... all the information i have is

1- if you applied and you are from Quebec, you are not required for proof of income ... and if you are a citizen you dont need to proof that you are currently living in Canada.

your lease or utility bill is required if you are PR because PR cant apply for a sponsorship from out of Canada.

if you live anywhere in Canada but Quebec ... you required to have certain income in order to be able to be a sponsor.

but since your file has transferred to the embassy it means that you were approved to be a sponsor and the above requirement are nonsense.

because the cic is the one who should ask for this documents not the embassy.

the embassy is assessing the marriage if it is legit or not ... and if your marriage assessment is passed they go further with the Visa issue steps ... like medical concerns and background check... if your sponsored pass both " medical and background check" the visa should be granted.

as i mentioned in the beginning this information is as far as i know ... maybe there is a change after Dec 7, 2016.

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
mohammedessam said:
Because as i said before, they are lazy and they don't work.

they never followed up with me when i sent the documents until July of 2016 when i contacted my MP then they responded and said that they did not receive the documents, i proved it to them that i have the auth reply confirmation from their email.
Anyways they have recently requested police clearance certificate from the FBI and my wife has never lived in the US, she has only visited the US time in her lifetime. so this is another way that show how much incompetent they are.
anyways we have requested the FBI clearance certificate in Feb but according to their website it takes 3.5 months to get the certificate so we are still waiting for it.
mohammedessam i got more worried now ... coz my husband & me have been almost around the world ... so if they are going to do a background check for each country we have been visiting ... that's mean we will never get this visa at this decade ... and it might take two decades so they can get back to us ... if each country takes 6 months to have a background check so that's really bad.

we also have been in US for several times ... but they did not ask for FBI certificate ... it is really weird they asked for it ... i believe they are trying to find anything for delaying ... God help us.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
sokara said:
mohammedessam i got more worried now ... coz my husband & me have been almost around the world ... so if they are going to do a background check for each country we have been visiting ... that's mean we will never get this visa at this decade ... and it might take two decades so they can get back to us ... if each country takes 6 months to have a background check so that's really bad.

we also have been in US for several times ... but they did not ask for FBI certificate ... it is really weird they asked for it ... i believe they are trying to find anything for delaying ... God help us.
According to their rules, if you have lived in a country for more than 6 months then you need a police clearance certificate.
In our case I believe they just wanted to delay the application as much as they could.
So you should be fine, don't worry.
Good luck

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
mohammedessam said:
We received the FBI clearance certificate yesterday and i have already sent a copy of it via email to the embassy.
Today i was checking MyCiC and under background check there is a new update.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Before it used to say the next step is to conduct background check.
So it looks like they are working on the file.
This is great news! I hope the remainder of the processing goes quickly for you.

C.

JMZ

Dec 25, 2016
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
File Transfer...
12-05-2016
Med's Done....
10-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
Still not yet
Hello Guys,
Still no news ! it is weird not one received any PPR in 2017 , I am almost 1 year since application received by CIC . i am checking all the time my status and it is the same BG check is in progress from 6 months ago .

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
JMX: yes same for me, I passed my processing time(12 months) and I'm almost completing the 14th month!!!!!! And same background check in progress!!!!!

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
JMZ said:
Hello Guys,
Still no news ! it is weird not one received any PPR in 2017 , I am almost 1 year since application received by CIC . i am checking all the time my status and it is the same BG check is in progress from 6 months ago .
Whenever I checked NDVO or any other visa office, there are a lot of people receiving PPR in a week. But ADVO is doing nothing. I don't know what is happening here. Background checks are in progress since seven months and upfront medical has also been expired.

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
W.M said:
JMX: yes same for me, I passed my processing time(12 months) and I'm almost completing the 14th month!!!!!! And same background check in progress!!!!!
All visa offices are very fast other than ADVO...

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
I think they are working on the applications to finalize them all as soon as possible as CIC promised to finalize almost 80% of the applications applied before December 7, 2016 by the end of December 2017. What I think is that all of a sudden, we will hear bulk approvals and applications will be finalized one after the other.