March 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Dec 21 2014
CanadianinDubai said:
i have a lawyer for my application in canada
and i think for some slightly complex applications a lawyer can work wonders

we have lived in 4 countries, so our lawyer helped us get additional documentation from all countries to support our application
also we never MISS a communication from ADVO, i have been reading some stories about people missing their calls or emails.

also, our lawyer knows how to contact them directly.
ie....last week they requested a draft for a fee we had to pay, and although i fedexed it, they mailed again saying, we didnt get it.
my lawyer mailed the immigration counselor directly to tell him that we had already sent and they recieved our draft.
they acknowledged it the next day.

also she helped us understand which documents we needed attested/translated (my husband is from a non english speaking country) so certain documents needed to be translated attested and notarized...we had no idea

i wouldn't nec recommend it for simple applications (ie, young applicant, just finished school/uni with not alot of background details)
but for anyone who has held jobs, bank accounts property in multiple countries, i think the lawyer can help make the process simpler and definitely faster.

having said that. its not cheap.
i agree. i did my OWN research thoroughly, including this forum,however, I still needed the advise from an expert on how to fill out the apps and supplementary docs. I interviewed altogether about 9-10 different Consultants/lawyers in Canada and Dubai. Got a piece of information from each of them, but i was most comfortable with the one i chose. Also they were very fair with their fees. for instance, I had printed about 150 pages of our Whatsapp massages for the last year of our relationship for proof of marriage, and If i had not consulted with the lawyer, i would have definitely submitted the whole thing. It was the lawyer's idea not to send it in, since most of the massages were in Farsi, and they MIGHT have asked me to translate the whole thing and send it back. Now Imagine, that a Farsi to English Legal Translation costs around 300 Dirhams per page. I had 150 pages of just whatsapp massages, not including facebook, emails,... thats 45,000 dirhams for legal translation.
even if they end up asking for more Proof, atleast now I have the control over how many pages from which massages i can send them.

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Hello everyone
My husband is applying for my open work permit and child visa under his sponsorship from Canada. Once i get approval for visa from Canada, i need to submit our both passport for stamping visa in the Abudhabi embassy. Can somebody tell me how long this process in Abudhabi embassy might take for stamping the visa?
Thank you

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Submitted everything on the first go
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Submitted on the first go - got second request too
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
guys... on an average, how long does it take the ADVO to send the passport back with the visa?

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
AOR Received.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
TheRippleEffect said:
guys... on an average, how long does it take the ADVO to send the passport back with the visa?
mine was 10 days...

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
mrsldr said:
mine was 10 days...
i am soo worried at this point... they have asked me to cancel my qatari RP... in Qatar u have 7 days to leave the country.. after that you practically become illegal and if they happened to find you, they immediately arrest u and take into custody... ADVO will definitely take more than 7 days to process my thing... its so risky... any suggestion?

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
TheRippleEffect said:
.... they have asked me to cancel my qatari RP... in Qatar u have 7 days to leave the country.. after that you practically become illegal....
You could write to CIC and ask for an advise on the issue. Btw, they can send the passport to your home country also, if you ask them.
For info. in Kuwait, you have 30 days to leave the country after your residency is cancelled.

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
AMJ said:
You could write to CIC and ask for an advise on the issue. Btw, they can send the passport to your home country also, if you ask them.
For info. in Kuwait, you have 30 days to leave the country after your residency is cancelled.
yup that's what i am thinking... i am fine with getting the passport back in home coutnry... but for that i must fly to my home country and send them the passport from there... i dunno if they will be ok with it... i have already emailed them a week ago... waiting for their confirmation...

ticallian

Apr 28, 2014
Referring to my previous email regards first AOR after application submission, what is the subject of the email usually sent from CIC?
As it might also end up in my junk..

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
ticallian said:
Referring to my previous email regards first AOR after application submission, what is the subject of the email usually sent from CIC?
As it might also end up in my junk..
The first email is sent to the sponsor. The subject was: Citizenship and Immigration Canada - CPCM - Communication to client / Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada - CTDM - Communication auprès de la clientèle

For us, there was a letter attached which was a confirmation of the sponsor being approved.

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
guys,

I need some help,

I sent my passport already to abu dhabi, with Envelop C4 that includes complete details of my address here in Riyadh.

my question is. is it possible for the Advo to send back my passport and upon receiving my passport in riyadh, that's the time i will pay the airway bill?

or is it more better to make a reservation for the return airway bill and send a copy of it to advo?..

please i need your insight.

thanks

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
itguy29 said:
my question is. is it possible for the Advo to send back my passport and upon receiving my passport in riyadh, that's the time i will pay the airway bill?
That's surprising for me !! Normally, courier companies would not accept the consignment without the return airway bill duly prepaid by the sender. You better check with ADVO as your passport might be lying there awaiting a pick up.

sjamshed

May 4, 2014
gypsy25 said:
Hi guys,

Below is my timeline for reference:

Application filed at Missisuaga: 06 Nov'13
AOR received from Missisuaga:26 Nov'13
Sponsorship Approval:17 Dec'13
File Transfer:17 Nov'13
Additional Documents Request:N/A
Medicals Done:21 Jul'13
Medical Results Update in ECAS:07 Apr'14
Passport Req: 07 Apr'14
ECAS changed to In Process: 08 Apr'14
ECAS changed to Decision Made: 20 Apr'14
Visa Issued: AWAITING

Hope everyone's wait ends soon. (",)

Helllo

I am new here, I am planning to file my husband's case, can u tell me did u sent ure application at missisauga office and ure husband at advo on same dates of the month. or did he sent the application after u got approval from mississauga

sjamshed

May 4, 2014
ARAD said:
Hi Guys
I've Been Following the thread for a while. although our case is a pretty straight forward spousal Sponsorship, i decided to have a lawyer in Dubai represent us. Anyway, the application was submitted Yesterday. so wish us luck.
For any newbies, find below a list of docs we sent in. keep in mind, i had more than what is stated below, however, my lawyer (who has sucessfully submitted about 45 cases in the last couple of years with only 1 interview request, actually asked us not to make the file too big or give too much, as it looks like we are overcompensating, so she took a very simple, rather minimalist approach to the case). keep in mind, we only had a civil marriage here in dubai, my biggest worry was that we didnt yet have a wedding and are waiting to move to canada to have a reception and a ceremony. except for that I and my wife both reside in Dubai, I obviously am the sponsor, and the rest is pretty normal.

so here is a list of what we sent it except for the applications.
marriage certificate translation
about 80 photos
joint bank account
joint credit card
phone call history (since we met in 2012)
letter of invitation to live with from my parents in Canada
letter of invitation to work (job Offer) from my brother
3 quotes from moving companies
(i wanted to send in our Whatsapp massages which was mostly in Farsi, and over 150 pages only for the past year, the lawyer advised not to do so, as they may ask us to translate the whole thing, and god knows how much that would've cost)
letter of employment from my company
personal and join account bank statement
my wife's divorce papers as she was married for a short time 10 years back
Applicant's medical certificate
abudhabi Residency Questionnaire ( although my lawyer has advised not to send it in now, its too soon)

and that's pretty much it.

I hope this list helps some of the new members, as this forum helped me find a direction on how to put everything together.

Good Luck to all of us

Hello Arad

I just read ure entire post, thankyou for putting it on the forum, its a real help.
one thing to ask was y did u filled the AD Questionnaire if u r residing in Dubai.