Sparrow19 said:
Hi Guys,

I received my PPR yesteday...
Good news Sparrow19!!!

Sparrow19

Jan 5, 2014
JenPin said:
Good news Sparrow19!!!
Yes Jenpin it is, after 17months of waiting at last got the good news from ADVO. Now I am preparing for the required documents to be submitted. Stay tuned Jeenpin you're next.

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Submitted everything on the first go
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Submitted on the first go - got second request too
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Sparrow19 said:
Yes Jenpin it is, after 17months of waiting at last got the good news from ADVO. Now I am preparing for the required documents to be submitted. Stay tuned Jeenpin you're next.
Congrats sparrow!! What did they ask frm you?

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
ARAD said:
yes ketocdn, i agree, i never suggested there was a need for a lawyer.
but the point of the post was to possibly help someone who is new to this. thats all.
i have a lawyer for my application in canada
and i think for some slightly complex applications a lawyer can work wonders

we have lived in 4 countries, so our lawyer helped us get additional documentation from all countries to support our application
also we never MISS a communication from ADVO, i have been reading some stories about people missing their calls or emails.

also, our lawyer knows how to contact them directly.
ie....last week they requested a draft for a fee we had to pay, and although i fedexed it, they mailed again saying, we didnt get it.
my lawyer mailed the immigration counselor directly to tell him that we had already sent and they recieved our draft.
they acknowledged it the next day.

also she helped us understand which documents we needed attested/translated (my husband is from a non english speaking country) so certain documents needed to be translated attested and notarized...we had no idea

i wouldnt nec recommend it for simple applications (ie, young applicant, just finished school/uni with not alot of background details)
but for anyone who has held jobs, bank accounts property in multiple countries, i think the lawyer can help make the process simpler and definately faster.

having said that. its not cheap.

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
CanadianinDubai said:
i have a lawyer for my application in canada
and i think for some slightly complex applications a lawyer can work wonders

we have lived in 4 countries, so our lawyer helped us get additional documentation from all countries to support our application
also we never MISS a communication from ADVO, i have been reading some stories about people missing their calls or emails.

also, our lawyer knows how to contact them directly.
ie....last week they requested a draft for a fee we had to pay, and although i fedexed it, they mailed again saying, we didnt get it.
my lawyer mailed the immigration counselor directly to tell him that we had already sent and they recieved our draft.
they acknowledged it the next day.

also she helped us understand which documents we needed attested/translated (my husband is from a non english speaking country) so certain documents needed to be translated attested and notarized...we had no idea

i wouldnt nec recommend it for simple applications (ie, young applicant, just finished school/uni with not alot of background details)
but for anyone who has held jobs, bank accounts property in multiple countries, i think the lawyer can help make the process simpler and definately faster.

having said that. its not cheap.
I absolutely agree... if i had a lawyer i'd be in Canada by now, i can say that almost, for sure... I am going through a very complicated situation right now... i really wish i had a lawyer... trust me hiring a lawyer is worth it...

Sparrow19

Jan 5, 2014
TheRippleEffect said:
Congrats sparrow!! What did they ask frm you?
Thanks TheRippleEffect... they required 3 documents from me to be submitted and these are the ff: 1. Passport, 2. Three Photos & 3. RPRF (since they only ask to submit those with x mark).

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Sparrow19 said:
Thanks TheRippleEffect... they required 3 documents from me to be submitted and these are the ff: 1. Passport, 2. Three Photos & 3. RPRF (since they only ask to submit those with x mark).
Great! If u dun mind can u tell me where the principal applicant lives? In uae or qatar?

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Sparrow19 said:
I am in kSA and my spouse lives in Canada...
thanks Sparrow and congrats again... :)

ticallian

Apr 28, 2014
Hi guys,

Quick question regards to first AOR, does it usually take 1 month for most cases to receive AOR after application submission?
And do they usually come back by email, as there is no guarantee in receiving any post mail at my address where I am living.

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
ticallian said:
Hi guys,

Quick question regards to first AOR, does it usually take 1 month for most cases to receive AOR after application submission?
And do they usually come back by email, as there is no guarantee in receiving any post mail at my address where I am living.
Yes 1 month is standard for AOR. If you have chosen email as your mode of communication, then they will email you.

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
Hello Everyone,
We applied for our spouse sponsorship in September 2013. AOR Received on Oct 2nd, 2013. Additional docs request on 28th Jan 2014. Sent all additional docs on 29th Jan. I did my medicals on 25th August before we submitted the application

My e-cas status shows 'Application for xxx is in process from 21st April 2014'

If anyone else has gone through the same process and timelines, I would really like to know how much longer this process takes. Also since my medicals were done in August 2013, will I need to do and submit medicals again?

Cannot wait to hear back from the embassy or anyone of you about how long this process will take.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Sparrow19 said:
Thank you Sparrow19. I hope we all get PPR soon!!

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
anxiouswife said:
Hello Everyone,
We applied for our spouse sponsorship in September 2013. AOR Received on Oct 2nd, 2013. Additional docs request on 28th Jan 2014. Sent all additional docs on 29th Jan. I did my medicals on 25th August before we submitted the application

My e-cas status shows 'Application for xxx is in process from 21st April 2014'

If anyone else has gone through the same process and timelines, I would really like to know how much longer this process takes. Also since my medicals were done in August 2013, will I need to do and submit medicals again?

Cannot wait to hear back from the embassy or anyone of you about how long this process will take.
Hi Anxiouswife,

If you click on the link in my signature, you can see the timelines of the applicants on this thread. You may consider the average processing time as between 7 to 8 months but then again its on a case to case basis.

With regards to re-medicals, wait for the instructions from the Visa Office as you may get your PPR before August. Be positive!! :)

Can you give me the following dates so I may add you onto the sheet as well:

Application filed -
Sponsorship approval -

Thanks!