Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
gypsy25 said:
Hey JenPin,

When we got PPR, I recall seeing a spreadsheet for AD where the time between PPR and Visa Issuance was mentioned; I was visiting UAE during that time and booked my flight back based on the max amount of days it took for others to get their PP back, thanks to that spreadsheet. Just wanted to know if it's been taken down or replaced?

Thanks!
The sheet that I maintain only has the date for when the PPR was received and when the visa was received. It doesn't show how long it took for the visa to be stamped. It could be the old sheet that was being used by earlier applicants who are no longer on the forum.

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Hello everyone
My husband is working in canada in a bank and me and our kid living in abudhabi. I would like to join him under his sponsorship and work over there and my child to pursue her studies in canada. Can anybody suggest what are the steps to be done and can it be done from abudhabi or from canada?
Thank you

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
m10dx said:
Hi guys,

I'm a PR holder and got engaged back in Dec 2013 and I'm going to get married in sha allah this December, 2014. This is going to be an arranged marriage where my mother basically introduced me to this girl.

I got introduced to my fiancee on Nov 2013 and we have been communicating mainly through Whatsapp with only 4 calls. Her family is strict Muslim and they don't allow me to call until after we do the marriage contract :) but I managed to convince them to do the Whatsapp chat.

I'm 28 years old and she is 19 years old and graduated from Highschool.

Also, I didn't attend the engagement party since I was busy at work and there were no photos taken but I'm planning to take lots of photos for marriage ceremony, wedding ceremony, honeymoon and other marriage events (we have lots in our culture)

So, seeing my case, is there any red flags in it?

Also, can you suggest me of things that I should be careful of when completing my applications, especially regarding proving the marriage ins genuine?

im sorry, major red flags. my husband and i have lived outside of canada since our marriage 6.5 years ago and we have 2 kids.
we submitted over 80 photos from the time we met, dated, engaged married kids till the time we applied
10 letters from family and friends who witnessed us as a family over the last 6 years and even before.
proof of travel together spanning 9 years
proof of funds between our banks
emails while we dated
skype bills from the time we dates
passport stamps of places we have been together
joint life insurance and bank accounts in all countries we lived.

they will definitely ask you why you think your wife wont leave you after getting citizenship. particularly because you dont have kids and it is an arranged marriage.
also she is much younger than you. red flag as well

you would have to document ALL Your whats app conversations and submit them.
or you could get a lawyer.
we had one and she was very thorough. i personally feel our lawyer didnt leave any question marks and got us to submit everything possible to have our case approved fast and simple.

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Submitted everything on the first go
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Submitted on the first go - got second request too
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
arc22 said:
Hello everyone
My husband is working in canada in a bank and me and our kid living in abudhabi. I would like to join him under his sponsorship and work over there and my child to pursue her studies in canada. Can anybody suggest what are the steps to be done and can it be done from abudhabi or from canada?
Thank you
yuo surely can join your husband in canada... i dun see a problem why you won't be able to apply/ get rejected... go to the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

here you can check you 'eligibility' to apply for a PR... i suggest filling all the application forms and everything and sending them (the original ones of course) to your husband in canada... he can then apply for you in canada...

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for the reply
Previously i have applied for visit visa and got it rejected twice, while my husband was in student visa in canada. Reasons were travel history and family ties. Will this have an effect now when i apply for work permit sponsored by my husband or PR application?

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
arc22 said:
Thanks for the reply
Previously i have applied for visit visa and got it rejected twice, while my husband was in student visa in canada. Reasons were travel history and family ties. Will this have an effect now when i apply for work permit sponsored by my husband or PR application?
yes it will affect... but not much... if your situation is more convincing than back then, it should just be fine... is your husband a citizen or a permanent resident in canada now?

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
He is on an open work permit now. Previously was on student visa whe i tried for TRV. If it has an effect how can i clear it?

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
arc22 said:
He is on an open work permit now. Previously was on student visa whe i tried for TRV. If it has an effect how can i clear it?
I am not sure if a work permit holder can actually sponsor someone to canada or not... chances are bleak.. did you try the 'eligibility test'? when i say this will affect, i mean they will have that in their records, and they will take this into their consideration while evaluating your case...

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
yes sponsorship is possible. i am eligible for work permit with the same validity of my husband's. i am worried only about the previous refusal cases now. i know that they have the UCI number for everyone. but all the situations have changed from that time so i hope will get it approved.

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
arc22 said:
yes sponsorship is possible. i am eligible for work permit with the same validity of my husband's. i am worried only about the previous refusal cases now. i know that they have the UCI number for everyone. but all the situations have changed from that time so i hope will get it approved.
if sponsorship is possible you should, by all means, give it a shot... all the best... :)

ticallian

Apr 28, 2014
Hi guys,

My application was sent already 10 days, shouldn't I be receiving AOR by now? It was sent via DHL and signed as per tracking number.

Also it should be fine if I had enclosed Bank Draft for fees, right?

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hi,

I got AOR after 30 days. Dont worry, you will get it soon. How long did it take for AOR for the people on the April 2014 thread?

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
AOR Received.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
hello guys!!!! Got my passport with visa already... got it may 06, 2014.... to God be the glory :)