Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
YazCan said:
Hello guys,

good news finally, ppr was sent to me yesterday....Thank you God for putting an end to this stressful waiting game!

hopefully all of you will get your ppr as soon as possible :)
CONGRATZ! wow good news are showering upon us... what was your last step before they send you your PPR? if it was medical requests, how long did it take for them to send you your PPR after they received the medical results?

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
YazCan said:
Hello guys,

good news finally, ppr was sent to me yesterday....Thank you God for putting an end to this stressful waiting game!

hopefully all of you will get your ppr as soon as possible :)
Congratulations!! ;D

b0465682

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/11/2013
File Transfer...
08/11/2013
Med's Request
02/08/2014
Med's Done....
02/20/2014
Passport Req..
4/28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
5/05/2014
LANDED..........
1/06/2014
m10dx said:
Hi guys,

I'm a PR holder and got engaged back in Dec 2013 and I'm going to get married in sha allah this December, 2014. This is going to be an arranged marriage where my mother basically introduced me to this girl.

I got introduced to my fiancee on Nov 2013 and we have been communicating mainly through Whatsapp with only 4 calls. Her family is strict Muslim and they don't allow me to call until after we do the marriage contract :) but I managed to convince them to do the Whatsapp chat.

I'm 28 years old and she is 19 years old and graduated from Highschool.

Also, I didn't attend the engagement party since I was busy at work and there were no photos taken but I'm planning to take lots of photos for marriage ceremony, wedding ceremony, honeymoon and other marriage events (we have lots in our culture)

So, seeing my case, is there any red flags in it?

Also, can you suggest me of things that I should be careful of when completing my applications, especially regarding proving the marriage ins genuine?
After reading your case, it sounds like million red flags to me. I know it’s the traditions and all but for immigration you will have to convince them it is genuine.

The only solution I can think of is make phone calls regularly for a month or two, have a wedding ceremony and take lot of pictures. Take her on honeymoon or a trip after the marriage. One could really help to get a letter from brides parents stating they respected traditions ect ect and explain the situation. Rather than that, I am sorry to say that you will have a really tough time.

nano1987

Apr 9, 2014
JenPin said:
That's good news Nano! Almost done with the process. ;D

Just one question, did you not get request for additional documents in Sept 2013? What did they ask for then?

Thanks!
Hi Jen Pin,

Yes thank God almost done am so excited...as for docs request, yes they did ask for additional docs on September 15, 2013. They asked me to pay the Permanent Residence Fee, proof that I live in Canada and that I plan to settle here, and basically proof of our communication since the time we applied in June, etc. I bombarded them with info that they wouldn't even imagine, hotel bookings, travel tickets, pics, bank statements, pay stubs, phone bills, etc.

After that, our online status changed to "in process" on January 15, 2014 then they requested a 2nd medical on April 9, 2014, received medical on April 17, 2014, then PPR on May 5, 2014.

Hope this helps & good luck to everyone :)

tsm

Mar 7, 2014
TheRippleEffect said:
hi! what was the previous step before asking for passport for you? was it the medical request? i just did my medical yesterday... i am hoping for my PPR now... can you tell me how long it might take before you get your PPR after ur medicals were received by the embassy?
Last step for me was the addditional docs and medical request at the same time. Jan 10 or 11 i think. After that in process and a couple of days later pp request. end of jan (27th or 28) medical tests were received. so approx 3 months after medical i got pp request.

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Submitted everything on the first go
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Submitted on the first go - got second request too
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
tsm said:
Last step for me was the addditional docs and medical request at the same time. Jan 10 or 11 i think. After that in process and a couple of days later pp request. end of jan (27th or 28) medical tests were received. so approx 3 months after medical i got pp request.
thanks TSM! seems like there isn't any pattern... its different for different people... nano's took 20 days after they received his/her medical req... ur's took about 3 months... totally depends on each case... thanks for your input.. and congrats again... :)

nano1987

Apr 9, 2014
TheRippleEffect said:
thanks TSM! seems like there isn't any pattern... its different for different people... nano's took 20 days after they received his/her medical req... ur's took about 3 months... totally depends on each case... thanks for your input.. and congrats again... :)
Guys, it's true that it depends on each case; however, I noticed that after medical, it's always about 4 wks then PPR. In TSM's case, they requested additional info AND medical at the same time that's why it took so long for PPR. But when the medical is the last things that's left, usually PPR is next very shortly!

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
nano1987 said:
Guys, it's true that it depends on each case; however, I noticed that after medical, it's always about 4 wks then PPR. In TSM's case, they requested additional info AND medical at the same time that's why it took so long for PPR. But when the medical is the last things that's left, usually PPR is next very shortly!
nano you just gave me butterflies!! lol... let's hope i get my PPR asap now inshah - Allah... :)

tsm

Mar 7, 2014
Correct. My additional docs and med requested was bundled. It took 3 months after sending app to missi. Then another three months for ppr. I think nano and ripples case would be the same. Ripple, expect a ppr soon instAllah!

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
tsm said:
Correct. My additional docs and med requested was bundled. It took 3 months after sending app to missi. Then another three months for ppr. I think nano and ripples case would be the same. Ripple, expect a ppr soon instAllah!
thanks guys... :D ;D

m10dx

Sep 20, 2012
b0465682 said:
After reading your case, it sounds like million red flags to me. I know it's the traditions and all but for immigration you will have to convince them it is genuine.

The only solution I can think of is make phone calls regularly for a month or two, have a wedding ceremony and take lot of pictures. Take her on honeymoon or a trip after the marriage. One could really help to get a letter from brides parents stating they respected traditions ect ect and explain the situation. Rather than that, I am sorry to say that you will have a really tough time.
Damn it man, you added to the pressure that I already have :) but thanks for your honest response though. I'd really which if some other members comments on my case or if they know of similar cases of arranged marriage. I think ADVO should get a lot of these cases.

gypsy25

May 19, 2012
Hey CanadianinDubai

We received PPR on Apr7th,'14 and our docs were received on the 10th of Apr at the embassy. According to the previous spreadsheet, where the "Visa Received" column was filled, it took a MAX of 16 days from the day of submission for ADVO to return the passports, for most people. I thought ours would take forever, because it seems like such a long wait, especially those last fews days; but thankfully it took 13 for us. And the "16 day" wait, was generally for people for whom stage 1 took longer. Again, this is just my opinion and not based on any strict figures. Hope that helps.

Good luck!

CanadianinDubai said:
can any one tell me who has already received the PR visa in their passport (and is still on this forum lol)
how long did it take for the advo to return your passport?

gypsy25

May 19, 2012
Hey JenPin,

When we got PPR, I recall seeing a spreadsheet for AD where the time between PPR and Visa Issuance was mentioned; I was visiting UAE during that time and booked my flight back based on the max amount of days it took for others to get their PP back, thanks to that spreadsheet. Just wanted to know if it's been taken down or replaced?

Thanks!

JenPin said:
Congrats Gypsy!!! And thank you for the wishes. ;D :-* ;D