Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Thank you Teaya_ram.

For all those who have received ADR from ADVO, can you please share what additional docuemnts have been requested on this thread. Just to get an idea of what ADVO is looking for.

Thanks.

msnnawal

Jan 30, 2014
JenPin said:
Thank you Teaya_ram.

For all those who have received ADR from ADVO, can you please share what additional docuemnts have been requested on this thread. Just to get an idea of what ADVO is looking for.

Thanks.
heres the additional docs the request of me:

- Proof that your Canadian Citizen sponsor is currently residing in Canada or will reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada. If your sponsor is currently residing outside of Canada, we will require satisfactory evidence that they will reside in Canada once you become a permanent resident. Satisfactory evidence would include: copy of cancelled residency permit (in the Gulf); copy of resignation letter showing that it has been accepted by your sponsor's employer; evidence that "end of contract" benefits have been paid; and so on. This will be required before a permanent resident visa can be issued. If your sponsor does not believe that they will be ready to move to Canada when your permanent resident visa is issued, then you may wish to consider withdrawing this current application. Your spouse could then submit a new sponsorship when they are prepared to move to Canada.
- Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills), between you and your sponsor for the past 3 months

- Please provide at least an 10 photos to reflect you and your sponsor together

Heres the problem with my application, when i first sent my application i didn't have explicit pictures of me and my wife together, standing next to each other, i instead sent them pictures of our hands held together and me and her male relatives standing together. The reason i couldn't send pictures of me and her together was due to religious reasons, do you think i will be penalized for that or will my application take longer cause i didn't have those pictures. Thats why i think when they requested additional documents they requested we send pictures of us together. Any ideas, please feel free to share anyone......

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
JenPin said:
Welcome Canadianindubai!!

Thanks a lot for sharing your journey so far. I hope you hear from CIC very soon.

Please can you elaborate on files having revisit dates? What does that mean?

Best of luck with your application!
Hi JenPin

whenever they send you a request for more documents (ie they have to stop and ask you for something additional) they send you notice of that and put your file away (say on a shelf) with a revisit date. they will not look at it till then. even if you were to reply to them and provide whatever it is they asked for....they still wouldnt look at your file till the revisit date.
example
november 1 you receive a letter from them saying ... "please send us your birth certificate" (just an example)
they then put your file away and stamp it....revisit after 45 days (or 30 days or 60 days or whatever)
even if you sent them your birth certificate on november 4, you fill still wouldnt get reopened till they revisit date.

this is how incomplete applications, or additional documentation significantly slows down your processing time.

we sent 111 pages of documentation and 77 photos.
we were still asked on 2 occasions for more documentation/translation/notarization etc.

we have applied with a lawyer this time as we had an unsuccessful application in 2008.
so ask me anything you want.
i have a pretty sound understanding of how this works.

ps. if you get rejected. always appeal.

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
For my example i got sponsorship approval after 21 days and file transferred in two month to ADVO received email from them for additional documents
which were how ever submitted to them but they asked again:

here is an email from them

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (45) days from the date of this request otherwise it will cause delays in the processing or it could result in the refusal of your application. Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

If you do not answer all questions and provide all the documents requested, this will cause delays in the processing of your application. If a question does not apply to you please write 'N/A' or 'Not Applicable.' Do not leave the answer blank. You must answer all questions in English or French.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
CanadianinDubai said:
Hi JenPin

whenever they send you a request for more documents (ie they have to stop and ask you for something additional) they send you notice of that and put your file away (say on a shelf) with a revisit date. they will not look at it till then. even if you were to reply to them and provide whatever it is they asked for....they still wouldnt look at your file till the revisit date.
example
november 1 you receive a letter from them saying ... "please send us your birth certificate" (just an example)
they then put your file away and stamp it....revisit after 45 days (or 30 days or 60 days or whatever)
even if you sent them your birth certificate on november 4, you fill still wouldnt get reopened till they revisit date.

this is how incomplete applications, or additional documentation significantly slows down your processing time.

we sent 111 pages of documentation and 77 photos.
we were still asked on 2 occasions for more documentation/translation/notarization etc.

we have applied with a lawyer this time as we had an unsuccessful application in 2008.
so ask me anything you want.
i have a pretty sound understanding of how this works.

ps. if you get rejected. always appeal.
Thanks Canadianindubai for the information.

I think ADVO has the tendency to request for additional documents.

I hope you hear from them very soon.

Can you advise when you were able to access ECAS? I am the applicant and I am unable to access ECAS with the File Number provided to my sponsor. I guess I will be able to access it when ADVO starts processing it but just wanted to confirm.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
aism.abbas said:
For my example i got sponsorship approval after 21 days and file transferred in two month to ADVO received email from them for additional documents
which were how ever submitted to them but they asked again:

here is an email from them

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (45) days from the date of this request otherwise it will cause delays in the processing or it could result in the refusal of your application. Additional documents may be requested by the Visa Officer upon the complete assessment of your application.

If you do not answer all questions and provide all the documents requested, this will cause delays in the processing of your application. If a question does not apply to you please write 'N/A' or 'Not Applicable.' Do not leave the answer blank. You must answer all questions in English or French.
Hi aism.abbas,

Did you get 2 ADR's or just a separate email to send the documents soon?

Please can you share what additional documents were requested by AVDO.

Just trying to be aware of what to expect from ADVO.

Thanks!

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
JenPin said:
Thanks Canadianindubai for the information.

I think ADVO has the tendency to request for additional documents.

I hope you hear from them very soon.

Can you advise when you were able to access ECAS? I am the applicant and I am unable to access ECAS with the File Number provided to my sponsor. I guess I will be able to access it when ADVO starts processing it but just wanted to confirm.
Hi JenPin
i was able to access ecas once the sponsor was approved
i log in with my credentials and the client id (I am the sponsor)
with my client id, my date of birth, place of birth etc. I have never tried with my husbands......
it shows left column "approved" for sponsor application"
and right column "in process" for permanent residence application

when i click on "in process".
it takes me to a new page which lists,
1)when the application was received for the applicant, my husband (march 2013)
2) when they started processing it.(september 2013)
3) we have received your medical test results.

nothing has changed in this screen since november when we last sent what was requested.
so very anxious to hear from them.
will probably need to do the medical as it is only valid for one year (my husband did his last feb 2013)
its alot of waiting.

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
lease complete the attached IMM 5549 - Supplementary Information Form. ALL questions must be answered and must be answered truthfully and must be up-to-date. Please read all questions before answering. As an example, question 2 - countries where you have visited or lived in since your 18th birthday. You must ensure that you list all your travels according to the stamps on your passport since age 18 and indicate what was the activity/purpose of your visit in that country (i.e. tourism, business, visiting family, etc.).

- Please complete the attached Schedule A Background/Declaration Form. We have your Schedule A Background/Declaration Form on file HOWEVER, we note that you have not mentioned complete addresses in question 11. ALL questions must be answered and must be answered truthfully and must be up-to-date. Please read all questions before answering. As an example, in questions 11 and 15, you must ensure that you list all employment, studying and travelling since age 18. There must be NO gaps. If you were unemployed, you must state this on the application. This is also true for your addresses - there can be no gaps since age 18.

- Proof that your Canadian Citizen sponsor is currently residing in Canada or will reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada. If your sponsor is currently residing outside of Canada, we will require satisfactory evidence that they will reside in Canada once you become a permanent resident. Satisfactory evidence would include: copy of cancelled residency permit (in the Gulf); copy of resignation letter showing that it has been accepted by your sponsor's employer; evidence that "end of contract" benefits have been paid; and so on. This will be required before a permanent resident visa can be issued. If your sponsor does not believe that they will be ready to move to Canada when your permanent resident visa is issued, then you may wish to consider withdrawing this current application. Your spouse could then submit a new sponsorship when they are prepared to move to Canada.

- Your original police certificate from UAE issued in the last 3 months. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original document must be attached with the translation. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from any country, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
- Your original police certificate from Kazakhstan issued in the last 3 months. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original document must be attached with the translation. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from any country, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

- Your original police certificate from Pakistan issued in the last 3 months. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original document must be attached with the translation. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from any country, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Here It is and Medical is only valid for 6 months.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
aism.abbas said:
Please complete the attached IMM 5549 - Supplementary Information Form. ALL questions must be answered and must be answered truthfully and must be up-to-date. Please read all questions before answering. As an example, question 2 - countries where you have visited or lived in since your 18th birthday. You must ensure that you list all your travels according to the stamps on your passport since age 18 and indicate what was the activity/purpose of your visit in that country (i.e. tourism, business, visiting family, etc.).

- Please complete the attached Schedule A Background/Declaration Form. We have your Schedule A Background/Declaration Form on file HOWEVER, we note that you have not mentioned complete addresses in question 11. ALL questions must be answered and must be answered truthfully and must be up-to-date. Please read all questions before answering. As an example, in questions 11 and 15, you must ensure that you list all employment, studying and travelling since age 18. There must be NO gaps. If you were unemployed, you must state this on the application. This is also true for your addresses - there can be no gaps since age 18.

- Your original police certificate from UAE issued in the last 3 months. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original document must be attached with the translation. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from any country, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
- Your original police certificate from Kazakhstan issued in the last 3 months. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original document must be attached with the translation. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from any country, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

- Your original police certificate from Pakistan issued in the last 3 months. If this document is written in a language other than English or French it must be translated in English or French by a professional translator. The original document must be attached with the translation. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from any country, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Here It is and Medical is only valid for 6 months.
Thank you so much Aism.abbas for sharing this!

Just 2 questions, did you not submit the IMM 5549 - Supplementary Information Form and Schedule A Background/Declaration Form alongwith your application? Secondly did you submit the UAE police clearance the first time. Since it is valid for only 3 months, do they ask you to re-do it?

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
CanadianinDubai said:
Hi JenPin
i was able to access ecas once the sponsor was approved
i log in with my credentials and the client id (I am the sponsor)
with my client id, my date of birth, place of birth etc. I have never tried with my husbands......
it shows left column "approved" for sponsor application"
and right column "in process" for permanent residence application

when i click on "in process".
it takes me to a new page which lists,
1)when the application was received for the applicant, my husband (march 2013)
2) when they started processing it.(september 2013)
3) we have received your medical test results.

nothing has changed in this screen since november when we last sent what was requested.
so very anxious to hear from them.
will probably need to do the medical as it is only valid for one year (my husband did his last feb 2013)
its alot of waiting.
Well I guess I will keep checking ECAS with my sponsor's details for any updates. I am so anxious already though I have a long way to go!!

If you can please share the below details in dd-mm-yyyy, we can add it to the spreadsheet maintained for this thread:

Application sent:
Application received by CPC-M:
AOR from CPC-M:
Sponsorship Approval:
AOR from ADVO:
ADR from ADVO:
Medical results update in ECAS:
ECAS updated to In Process:

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
JenPin said:
Thank you so much Aism.abbas for sharing this!

Just 2 questions, did you not submit the IMM 5549 - Supplementary Information Form and Schedule A Background/Declaration Form alongwith your application? Secondly did you submit the UAE police clearance the first time. Since it is valid for only 3 months, do they ask you to re-do it?
1. I didnt send it first time they when i send bulk of documents but after 20 days after receiving UCI no i send it to Abudhabi embassy which was confirmed by them but they asked again ? dont know why as they have confirmed me on the email that they have recieved those document however to cause any delay i have resubmitted them again.
2. I have send them all the forms but it was according to my visa dates so i have to submit the form with my exit entry dates.

After all this i have emailed them twice but no answer about my document was correct i was able to submit succefully no replies Let C if I receive any emails from them.

mooonspell63

Jan 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2013
File Transfer...
10-05-2013
Interview........
20-11-2013
Hello,,,

I have question about Decision made, my ECAS status changed to Decision Made before Medical Request 3 weeks ago. and still not received any letter from VO.
is that system error? because I am receiving all correspondences by e-mail.

Thanks

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
mooonspell63 said:
Hello,,,

I have question about Decision made, my ECAS status changed to Decision Made before Medical Request 3 weeks ago. and still not received any letter from VO.
is that system error? because I am receiving all correspondences by e-mail.

Thanks
Hi,

Maybe you can write to them and check the status of your application.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
aism.abbas said:
1. I didnt send it first time they when i send bulk of documents but after 20 days after receiving UCI no i send it to Abudhabi embassy which was confirmed by them but they asked again ? dont know why as they have confirmed me on the email that they have recieved those document however to cause any delay i have resubmitted them again.
2. I have send them all the forms but it was according to my visa dates so i have to submit the form with my exit entry dates.

After all this i have emailed them twice but no answer about my document was correct i was able to submit succefully no replies Let C if I receive any emails from them.
I just hope they process the applications as soon as possible. Having to wait so long is very difficult!

I pray you hear from them very soon. Do keep us updated...

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
msnnawal said:
heres the additional docs the request of me:

- Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills), between you and your sponsor for the past 3 months

- Please provide at least an 10 photos to reflect you and your sponsor together

Heres the problem with my application, when i first sent my application i didn't have explicit pictures of me and my wife together, standing next to each other, i instead sent them pictures of our hands held together and me and her male relatives standing together. The reason i couldn't send pictures of me and her together was due to religious reasons, do you think i will be penalized for that or will my application take longer cause i didn't have those pictures. Thats why i think when they requested additional documents they requested we send pictures of us together. Any ideas, please feel free to share anyone......
Probably because you didn't have many pics together they asked for the same to be submitted. If they feel that your relationship is not genuine, they will May schedule an interview. Hope you have provided them with sufficient pics of your holidays together, pics with relatives both your family and her family just so they are convinced that it isn't a marriage of convenience.