+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All ,

I read through the forum , just wanna be clear in my case so if anyone can help on advising my case will be much appreciated .
I got married March 2020, planning for my wife pg coming winter session . Currently I am working for an IT firm with 9 years of experience and still having my job . in my case can you please let me know the chances of rejection if I apply open work permit once my wife gets her student permit .
Impossible to say. The fact that you just got married is a negative. Was it an arranged marriage? Did you date for a long period before getting married and have proof of dating with pictures, correspondence, etc.? The more proof a relationship the better. Once you have been married for a longer time your chances will increase. SOWP are not guaranteed in general and the criteria for who gets approved is not published. Spouses of masters and PhD students do have a better chance than college students.

Srfnhmd

May 10, 2020
Impossible to say. The fact that you just got married is a negative. Was it an arranged marriage? Did you date for a long period before getting married and have proof of dating with pictures, correspondence, etc.? The more proof a relationship the better. Once you have been married for a longer time your chances will increase. SOWP are not guaranteed in general and the criteria for who gets approved is not published. Spouses of masters and PhD students do have a better chance than college students.
Thanks mate for your response ,
Yes she’s planning for her masters in ME and yeah we had an arranged marriage . We got engaged last year November and married 2020 March .

Gandhi012001

May 17, 2020
Hi friends !

Can anyone advice me what to do in my case ?

My SOWP got rejected second time on 14th May 2020.
The first time the reason was u/s205(c)(ii). No explanation.
The second time the reason is"R205(c)(ii): Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a study permit holder who is enrolled as a bona fide full-time student at an eligible DLI."

I feel visa officer has ignored all the basic documents completely. and it is unfairly rejected the file. All the documents were perfect and properly submitted by immigration lawyer.

Now can I go for appeal ? How can I Challenge the decision ? Please suggest some way.

Gandhi012001

May 17, 2020
My husband applied for open work permit offline in India on 16 March and his passport was dispatched on 21 March. He has not received his passport yet as VFS offices are closed due to lockdown. Are they even processing the visas during this time? Has anyone got any approval after lockdown?
I am worried as I am in Canada on my study permit. I dont know how much more time will it take.
Now thay have started processing. You will receive response approx time around 25th May.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi friends !

Can anyone advice me what to do in my case ?

My SOWP got rejected second time on 14th May 2020.
The first time the reason was u/s205(c)(ii). No explanation.
The second time the reason is"R205(c)(ii): Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a study permit holder who is enrolled as a bona fide full-time student at an eligible DLI."

I feel visa officer has ignored all the basic documents completely. and it is unfairly rejected the file. All the documents were perfect and properly submitted by immigration lawyer.

Now can I go for appeal ? How can I Challenge the decision ? Please suggest some way.
Hi
Which date did you apply for your file? It was online or offline?

OliviaBBB

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Yes especially given the pandemic slowed processing.
Does anyone know about what exactly CIC officer check about husband work? Do they call and ask if this person works at the company and that's it? or they ask the full info like which dates the vacation was given and how much he earns?
thanks!!!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone know about what exactly CIC officer check about husband work? Do they call and ask if this person works at the company and that's it? or they ask the full info like which dates the vacation was given and how much he earns?
thanks!!!!
Is your husband currently working? Yes they can verify what NOC your husband works in.

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Anyone here who applied for Spouse open work permit from India and it has got rejected to insufficient funds??

Sunainasharma

Jun 2, 2020
My husband applied for open work permit offline in India on 16 March and his passport was dispatched on 21 March. He has not received his passport yet as VFS offices are closed due to lockdown. Are they even processing the visas during this time? Has anyone got any approval after lockdown?
I am worried as I am in Canada on my study permit. I dont know how much more time will it take.
Hey after how long of study did u apply for your husband?
Can you please tell me the requirements?