+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Pravallika Ravuri

Oct 28, 2018
Hellooo I am Pravallika from India.!
I have applied for SOWP on April 12th
Its a paper application also i have given my biometrics on the same day.! They have taken my passport too.!
How much time does it take for them to get processed.?
I dint give my medicals yet.?
If asked for medicals then when will i get stamped again.?
Anyone who applied in the month of april 2019 paper application have got.?
Please let me know.!
It already crossed a month n it is still under process.!

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Its a paper application also i have given my biometrics on the same day.! They have taken my passport too.!
Please let me know.!
Wait couple of more week as the the processing time for India is 5 weeks now, if did not get anything after 5 weeks you send a case specific inquiry

Reactions: Pravallika Ravuri

Pravallika Ravuri

Oct 28, 2018
Yeaaa thankyouuu !
Would just like to know if they ask me for medicals after a week then later after my medicals! After how many days would i get my process done n get my passport.?

Sunny0014

Aug 1, 2018
Hello guys,

Need some advice over my application for SOWP.
We recently got married in April.
My wife is working as an Intern (full time) with a big MNC in Canada (NOC skill type B - 2281) with a handsome package, and her internship is ending in August 2019. (started in Jan 2019)
her work permit is valid till 2022 and it's an open work permit.
I am currently in India, employed with a software company and having a good salary and a good bank statement record earned by me only.

My ask is, is there any issue with the job title containing intern though it's a full time as mentioned in her employment letter and also is there any issue with the end date?
P.S.: End date is not mentioned over the employment and job duties letter.

And also i have created an express entry profile with a score of 445, but the cut off is not met yet.
now that's a case of dual intent, will that be an issue for sowp application?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Pvrhyd

May 10, 2019
Apllied open work permit inland(extend my stay as worker from visitor) in march first week. Anyone applied in february and march?

Any update on status on your application.

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
after medical normally they take about 2 weeks to get you your passport!
Hey Guys ,
Need urgent Help
I applied on 5th April from India Paper Based application and got medical request on 12th April
23rd April Medical Passed
Since Than it’s showing background check and application is under process ..
Its already crossed overall 6 weeks for my application and more than 3 weeks after medical.
When I can expect my visa or what shall i do??

king-maker

May 17, 2019
I've applied on 10th April and still waiting for the result.

I highly doubt if everyone is getting their results in the said processing times. Did you link the paper application to online?

Please let me know.!

king-maker

May 17, 2019
Hey Guys ,
Need urgent Help
I applied on 5th April from India Paper Based application and got medical request on 12th April
23rd April Medical Passed
Since Than it’s showing background check and application is under process ..
Its already crossed overall 6 weeks for my application and more than 3 weeks after medical.
When I can expect my visa or what shall i do??
How did you check the status of your paper based application? Can you please tell me the process stepwise? It's showing as not found for my application. Please help.

mathu1610

Feb 7, 2019
Hi,
I am in Canada on Work Permit under NOC 2171 and have got the visitor visa for my husband too. Now we need to apply SOWP for him online under same category outside canada, before he travels to Canada. I have a few doubts regarding his OWP application outside of Canada.
- Do i need to submit a resume/supporting letter listing his technical skills and job responsibilities in previous employment?
- Is it beneficial to get an upfront medical exam done filing the application or medical is not required.
- Is it required to submit any proof stating that he is eligible for the job. If yes, what will be the proof.
My case is similar to yours. I first got a TRV (Visitor) as my husband has a valid work permit.
After receiving my TRV, in about a weeks time I applied for Open Work Permit from India itself. Here are my timelines:
Applied on May 9
PPR: May 13
Now waiting for my passport.
Mine was very quick.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
In paper application of Spouse open work permit , Will we receive the final decision sooner after biometrics validity letter or will it take more time??
after receiving Biometrics validity letter how long they took to send you final decision letter? and did your application got approved?