+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Rohityuv31

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Hi,
I am in Canada on Work Permit under NOC 2171 and have got the visitor visa for my husband too. Now we need to apply SOWP for him online under same category outside canada, before he travels to Canada. I have a few doubts regarding his OWP application outside of Canada.
- Do i need to submit a resume/supporting letter listing his technical skills and job responsibilities in previous employment?
- Is it beneficial to get an upfront medical exam done filing the application or medical is not required.
- Is it required to submit any proof stating that he is eligible for the job. If yes, what will be the proof.

Why don't you apply for Inland sowp .Let him come in as visitor visa and than apply for her change of status form 5710e.It has faster processing times

Reactions: pujadoshi93

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
In paper application of Spouse open work permit , Will we receive the final decision sooner after biometrics validity letter or will it take more time??
yes, that's correct! did you get any update? I am very positive you will have some update now, do you?

silent_river

May 14, 2019
Good day,

My application was submitted online from within Canada (for a Spousal Open Work Permit) on January 29. Still no response. How soon can I expect a response? Also, where would I go to check processing time?

Rohityuv31

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Good day,

My application was submitted online from within Canada (for a Spousal Open Work Permit) on January 29. Still no response. How soon can I expect a response? Also, where would I go to check processing time?
Your Spouse is here in Canada or in India .Fill up a webform and ask CIC regarding your case .Since maximum processing time is 84 days .

Pvrhyd

May 10, 2019
Good day,

Did you tried contacting cic. People who applied on feb 9th got approved yesterday. Please contact cic.