+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Tanvir786

May 6, 2019
Please help me. We have submitted my husband’s application file for spousal open work permit with my NOC A full time job in March. at that time I did not get my post graduate work permit so we did not upload it but we uploaded my UCI number with a letter to confirm that my PGWP application is in process. Now I have received my PGWP. Can I upload the document in the application by signing in the GC account or through web form ?
Please help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please help me. We have submitted my husband’s application file for spousal open work permit with my NOC A full time job in March. at that time I did not get my post graduate work permit so we did not upload it but we uploaded my UCI number with a letter to confirm that my PGWP application is in process. Now I have received my PGWP. Can I upload the document in the application by signing in the GC account or through web form ?
Please help
You did ‘t qualify for an SOWP if you hadn’t received your PGWP when you submitted your application. Yes you can upload your PGWP now but you could still could be denied since you didn’t meet the requirements at the time of application.

Tulika Bhullar

Jan 4, 2019
You did ‘t qualify for an SOWP if you hadn’t received your PGWP when you submitted your application. Yes you can upload your PGWP now but you could still could be denied since you didn’t meet the requirements at the time of application.
I should upload via web form ?
If in case, I got rejected, would I get some time to re- apply or not?

Tulika Bhullar

Jan 4, 2019
Also my husband is in Canada on OSWP which is already expired last month. So if in case, his new OSWP got rejected then would he get time to apply it again ? Or he has to leave Canada immediately.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also my husband is in Canada on OSWP which is already expired last month. So if in case, his new OSWP got rejected then would he get time to apply it again ? Or he has to leave Canada immediately.
Trying to understand why you applied in the first place when you didn’t have PGWP which was a requirement?

Coremark1996

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi guys , today i received email regarding biometrics information and validity,
So how much time will it take?
If you got a letter that shows validity of you biometric then in next one or two days you will get a result of you application.

have your medical passed ? did you submit paper application ?

redhiv

May 9, 2019
If you got a letter that shows validity of you biometric then in next one or two days you will get a result of you application.

have your medical passed ? did you submit paper application ?
In paper application of Spouse open work permit , Will we receive the final decision sooner after biometrics validity letter or will it take more time??

shah009

Feb 4, 2019
I applied for a spousal work permit on 9th May(Paper-based application). how can I track this application progress such as background and eligibility?

alaya_1234

May 12, 2019
Hi,
I am in Canada on Work Permit under NOC 2171 and have got the visitor visa for my husband too. Now we need to apply SOWP for him online under same category outside canada, before he travels to Canada. I have a few doubts regarding his OWP application outside of Canada.
- Do i need to submit a resume/supporting letter listing his technical skills and job responsibilities in previous employment?
- Is it beneficial to get an upfront medical exam done filing the application or medical is not required.
- Is it required to submit any proof stating that he is eligible for the job. If yes, what will be the proof.