AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Hi fkl
I have planned to give it a try for SOWP.i ll apply by January month.which one is gud,online or paper ?
*My husband is getting work share EI as his business was slow..but now its getting busy.does it affect my SOWP ?
- he is under NOC b .
-his work permit expires by June end 2017
*what are the other documents i can keep to get a positive result ?
below are the documents i have planned to submit
Documents from applicant:
Application forms
Cover letter
Passport (spouse name included)
Photographs (2)
Wedding invitation card
Marriage certificate
Wedding photographs
Bachelor’s degree certificate
Experience letter(3 yrs experience letter from india)
Pay slips
Salary account statements
Communication Proof (Whatsapp chat and call history screenshots)
NOC from parents
Documents from Spouse:
Invitation letter
Passport copy
Study visa copy
Work permit copy
Employer‘s reference letter (confirming the NOC code)
Screenshot from CIC confirming skill level
Latest 6 months pay slips
Latest 6 months salary account statements
Income tax returns
Phone bill

*do i need to show funds ? if it so how much will be gud to be accepted ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ush said:
Hi fkl
I have planned to give it a try for SOWP.i ll apply by January month.which one is gud,online or paper ?
*My husband is getting work share EI as his business was slow..but now its getting busy.does it affect my SOWP ?
- he is under NOC b .
-his work permit expires by June end 2017
*what are the other documents i can keep to get a positive result ?
below are the documents i have planned to submit
Documents from applicant:
Application forms
Cover letter
Passport (spouse name included)
Photographs (2)
Wedding invitation card
Marriage certificate
Wedding photographs
Bachelor’s degree certificate
Experience letter(3 yrs experience letter from india)
Pay slips
Salary account statements
Communication Proof (Whatsapp chat and call history screenshots)
NOC from parents
Documents from Spouse:
Invitation letter
Passport copy
Study visa copy
Work permit copy
Employer‘s reference letter (confirming the NOC code)
Screenshot from CIC confirming skill level
Latest 6 months pay slips
Latest 6 months salary account statements
Income tax returns
Phone bill

*do i need to show funds ? if it so how much will be gud to be accepted ?
Despite having a NOC B job, since your husband has been collecting EI, i am not sure how would you convince CIC that you are still eligible for SOWP and his income can support both of your expense.

At least the very least you need to show enough funds for both of you to live until the end of your work permit (better) or at least for a year (if that is less).

Or if his job has been changed to some thing substantially more reliable. Either way collecting EI would be a big negative for SOWP eligibility.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Hi guys, I would like to share my experience which might help you guys too.

I had 1st applied for my spouse open work permit in Feb 2016 which was refused after 2 months.(Paper Application)

Reason : You are not eligible to apply for a work permit because you do not have an LMIA letter or an offer letter.

I understood what went wrong and applied again in July 2016 and was rejected 2 months later.(Paper Application)

Reason: 1) You are not eligible for an Open work permit as you spouse (that's me) position in Canada does not qualify for you one.

2) You do not satisfy the immigration officer that you will go back after your stay, because of your ties between your home country and Canada.

I worked as a Line Cook in NOC category B and I had attached my duties and Responsibilities, employment letter, pay slips, pictures of me working in kitchen everything.

Finally I changed my mind and applied for my Wife's Temporary Resident Visa (Online Application)

I applied on Thursday 8th Dec 2016 and on 13th dec I got a Passport request from Cic and a letter stating that they have made their decision and they need the passport to finalize the application. I submitted my spouse passport at Mumbai VFS and now its under process. I should get the passport in 7days.

I really hope it's a positive reply and her visa is also valid till my work permit which is Nov 2018.

Previous refusals does not matter. so don't loose hope and keep trying.

I just want to know can my wife apply for a work permit at the port of entry.? If not then how do i go about it.?

Thank you

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Netz said:
Hi guys, I would like to share my experience which might help you guys too.

I had 1st applied for my spouse open work permit in Feb 2016 which was refused after 2 months.(Paper Application)

Reason : You are not eligible to apply for a work permit because you do not have an LMIA letter or an offer letter.

I understood what went wrong and applied again in July 2016 and was rejected 2 months later.(Paper Application)

Reason: 1) You are not eligible for an Open work permit as you spouse (that's me) position in Canada does not qualify for you one.

2) You do not satisfy the immigration officer that you will go back after your stay, because of your ties between your home country and Canada.

I worked as a Line Cook in NOC category B and I had attached my duties and Responsibilities, employment letter, pay slips, pictures of me working in kitchen everything.

Finally I changed my mind and applied for my Wife's Temporary Resident Visa (Online Application)

I applied on Thursday 8th Dec 2016 and on 13th dec I got a Passport request from Cic and a letter stating that they have made their decision and they need the passport to finalize the application. I submitted my spouse passport at Mumbai VFS and now its under process. I should get the passport in 7days.

I really hope it's a positive reply and her visa is also valid till my work permit which is Nov 2018.

Previous refusals does not matter. so don't loose hope and keep trying.

I just want to know can my wife apply for a work permit at the port of entry.? If not then how do i go about it.?

Thank you

Did you specify short term visit (less than 6 months) in your spouse's application or long term?

Likely it was the former, so your spouse might get a visa valid for years, she can only stay in Canada for six months at a time at max.

Also her status would be a visitor so she wont qualify for health care for example.

You cannot apply for WP at the port of entry for her.

But once arrived you can apply online to CIC with application type being submitted inside Canada. If you qualify for SOWP eligibility, she should receive her open work permit with in a month or two.

When you apply from inside Canada, CIC mails you the work permit, so you wont have to go any where.

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
fkl said:
Despite having a NOC B job, since your husband has been collecting EI, i am not sure how would you convince CIC that you are still eligible for SOWP and his income can support both of your expense.

At least the very least you need to show enough funds for both of you to live until the end of your work permit (better) or at least for a year (if that is less).

Or if his job has been changed to some thing substantially more reliable. Either way collecting EI would be a big negative for SOWP eligibility.
then,do i have anyother option to enter Canada ? Plz suggest me ?

nsasidharan

Feb 24, 2016
Hi,

I am working in Canada under closed work permit and my souse have open work permit.. (both will expire by Feb 2017 beginning.)
Right now I have applied for extension of my work permit , and my family is back in India. If I need to extend my spouse's open work permit.. what is the process I need to follow.
Can I apply for her's open work permit extension in Canada or in India?

Thanks

Shuvra32

Dec 4, 2016
Hi, I am from Bangladesh. My husband is doing his M.Sc in winnipeg, Manitoba since this september. I am a dental surgeon and working on a dental clinic. we are thinking about to apply owp for me. but i need an expert suggestion what would b a best idea for us to apply? we are thinking about applying on february 2017. As I want to shift canada asap. pls let me know the possible options :(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ush said:
then,do i have anyother option to enter Canada ? Plz suggest me ?
Well you can always try with him gotten better at work / financials OR the other option is that he gets eligible and applies for PR as a family.

If you have a strong profile, education / career / funds in home country that might have a positive impact on this.

But above is the summary.

Either your spouse is in a position strong enough to get you along OR you yourself have a stronger profile on your own. There is no 3rd option.

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Let me make a stronger profile of mine as he is getting EI amount till January 2017.and give i a try

SagiCZ

Jan 7, 2016
Hi,

I got an OWP valid until August 2017 because my spouse had a work permit for skilled job. I am already working on this OWP. My spouse would like to quit her job now and go back to our home country for a few months or stay in Canada as a visitor. If she does this, is my OWP still valid until August 2017?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
SagiCZ said:
Hi,

I got an OWP valid until August 2017 because my spouse had a work permit for skilled job. I am already working on this OWP. My spouse would like to quit her job now and go back to our home country for a few months or stay in Canada as a visitor. If she does this, is my OWP still valid until August 2017?
Successfully valid with 100%. There is no doubt it.

confusius

Jun 8, 2016
To Everyone most especially FKL,

FKL - I 'm not sure if you remember me; I've asked questions regarding my work permit application extension due to passport expiry and application of my wife's SOWP.

I am happy to inform you that my wife got her approval letter today for her SOWP and that her passport is ready for pick up in VFS Manila, Philippines. I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you spent answering my inquiries, everything you said was on point. You have been a big factor as to why we got the results that we have now.

Here is her timeline FYI:

Current Country of Residence: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Submission of Requirements: September 30, 2016 (VFS Manila, Philippines; Paper Application)
Medical Request: Submitted Upfront
Processing time as per CIC Website: 12 weeks
SOWP Approval Letter Received: December 21, 2016
Passport Request: Submitted Upfront (VFS Manila, required that the original passport be submitted the same time with application)

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences in this forum, your stories provided us a little insight as to how the process goes.

Again FKL, we can't thank you enough, you have been a blessing to us and to others.

Happy Holidays!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Congrats @confusius and you are more than welcome. I am happy that it turned out positively for you. All the very best with your life in Canada.

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
Hi everyone!

Is there anyone familiar with "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)" document that is to be uploaded for my spouse?

Help button says following:

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:
- Your flight ticket departing Canada,
- Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
- Proof of a medical appointment.

Any ideas? I mean, I certainly cannot purchase flight tickets or rent an apartment without having my WP application approved and POE letter received. All other hints like having a medical appointment, wedding invitation, funeral etc. seem really strange and unsafe.

Is it possible that I missed some question in the initial questionnaire, as we are seeking a WP just until we receive PR (we have already received ITA from Express Entry)?

Thanks in advance!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Simpson85 said:
Hi everyone!

Is there anyone familiar with "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)" document that is to be uploaded for my spouse?

Help button says following:

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:
- Your flight ticket departing Canada,
- Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
- Proof of a medical appointment.

Any ideas? I mean, I certainly cannot purchase flight tickets or rent an apartment without having my WP application approved and POE letter received. All other hints like having a medical appointment, wedding invitation, funeral etc. seem really strange and unsafe.

Is it possible that I missed some question in the initial questionnaire, as we are seeking a WP just until we receive PR (we have already received ITA from Express Entry)?

Thanks in advance!
You can always reserve a temp itinerary from any air line website and describe some tentative bookings (hotel / family / friends place to stay).

The point is that they intend to see a definite plan for the visit so they know where you like to go and how long will you stay.

Now you can always change those things latter and there is no one tracking these things in Canada. The purpose of this exercise is to determine whether you have a legitimate need to be in Canada, will you be staying for a fixed period and where / who would afford / accommodation etc.

I dont think you have answered any question wrong. This kind of info is asked for whenever you intend to apply for Canada as a visitor.